Mag Svc 800-476-3053 FL / Rip Off

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

This Company refuses to cancell my subscription even tho they MIS REPRESENTED them self from the first phone call...Now they have collection agents call and threaten me with legal fees and actions for something I have been fighting for since september when I discover all these extra fees on my credit card and...
the service stinks I get 2 and 3 of the same magazine and bills from every magazine some i never even heard of HOW THE HECK DO I GET ALL THIS TO STOP they have gone so far as to give me 30% off my balance if I pay now WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR SOMETHING I AM NOT GETTING AND FOR THE WRONG COMPANY...any one got any suggestions

Do

Comments

• Ri
      21st of Sep, 2009

This is so true the first calli received the subscription was a test for 3 months for $19.95 then my acc was charges 38.00.I have been trying to call them, but they put me on hold then hung up.I have received 1 magazine that was used and now I cant cancel the package without paying a fee for near the same price for the whole 28 months this is a dam Rip off.

• Zo
      15th of Oct, 2009

i know what your talking about but the number that i have is 1800-259-1649 and 614-4291592 and there is another 1800 number i don't remember it right now but they are all the same. they called me and ask me to pay for 2 months subscriptions after i didn't receive anything from them when i stupidly signed up, they were saying that i owe them $114 for missing pay and i told them i didn't owe them anything. i told them i tried to cancel the subscription to their services and they wouldn't talk to me when i would call. i called from the time i signed up for 3 weeks and no one wanted to talk to me b/c i wanted to cancel the subscription. they told me that there was no record of me calling them and i told them thats a lie i remember calling on the 9/4/09 and i spoke to someone asking questions about the cancellation of their services and they told me to call back on Monday if i wanted to do so and i did and no one pick up the phone to talk to me, it would go straight to the auto voice and said my waiting time is 2 minutes hold and after the two minutes the phone would hang up on me and i kept trying for 3 weeks straight and i didn't get anything so i called my bank and got my money back. But when i told them i will send them actual documentation showing that i actually called them they gave me their fax number but when i look at the phone bills at work to find the number i couldn't find them, they have something going on with their phone numbers where the numbers won't show up on your phone bills and i needed it to show that i did call to cancel but i can't b/c its not showing up on them. So the best thing i can do is report them to
    BBB and the Government and get this resolved soon.

• Zo
      24th of Nov, 2009

contact the BBB then contact the Florida agricultural and consumer service then contact your State Attorney and Florida State attorney and contact the company to see if you can work the situation out ( but before you contact your state attorney contact the company first and try and work it out thats what the state attorney will tell you to do before you contact them) and if that doesn't work then contact the FTC and if that doesn't make them cancel the service contact an attorney for some help or bluff about contacting an attorney. it took me 3 months and i had an attorney who was willing to help me but was not necessary for me, they canceled the account but i don't know if it will work for you but you can give it a try.

3rd of Dec, 2009

I am going through the same situation but they call me once in a while.. I really don't know what to do... I feel like crying. I am in college and can't afford to be apart of this.

• Ji
      21st of Dec, 2009

I just received a call from these people, one claiming that her name was "Trina." They were asking me if I had visited Florida recently, who I banked with, if I had a Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and then she forwarded me to her "supervisor." I didn't tell them anything, nor gave them my bank info or credit card info (not even the type of card) and eventuallu hung up on them. My advice is to call your state's Do Not Call number and place your phone number into the list of numbers that Telemarketers can't call. These people are creepy and it seems to me an invasion of privacy! DO NOT TALK TO THEM!!!

• Ex
      9th of Apr, 2010

I have had the same damn problem with them except they keep telling me that i can no longer cancel and that i havea VERBAL contract with them...I am tired of paying $80 a month for magazines i dont want...and some how i had 3 accounts...i was like WTF...i got them to cancel one but aparently i still have two accoutns... i dont wnat htem any more stupid magazine subscription just a rip off and there seems to be now way out

• Th
      23rd of Jul, 2010

The first time they called me I told them I do not want any mags. They told me that Visa had signed me up for the program, I said again that I did Not want any Mags. Just last Wed, they call again saying that they paied for my package and that all they need is for me to pay $7.49 a month, I said to the guy, 3 times that if they take any monies from my acc. that it is to come out on the 3rd of every month. I check my Acc. today and I find a withdraw of $17.11 from my Acc.. This has over Drawn my Acc. and I have to wate tell Mon to get their # from my Bank. If there in any, any, thing you can do to help me contact these people, or get my monies back leve me a message. My e-mail wizard_man_54@verizon.net. Thank you... very, very MAD

29th of Sep, 2011

This place called me misrepresenting themselves as being affilated with my bank. After hearing all the details of this "special reward" I told them NO I do not want to purchase anything. Yet this morning, I find that they have withdrawn 38 dollars from my account. I'm hopping mad. I called the bank and reported a fraudulent charge, andd aleted them to the fact that this place was misrepresenting themselves and the bank has issued an alert. As for getting the situation resolved with the company, I have yet to make any progress. If the situation remains unresolved at the close of business today, I willl turn the matter over to my attorney.