Madison Who's Who Directory / Unauthorized charges and no product delivered

Carle PlaceNew York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7189328011
I received the first inital call regarding a directory in March 2008. They wanted to feature me in it and ask for membership fee. I thought this would be a good idea for networking. They originally told me the yearly membership would cost $149 but that if I wanted to upgrade to a 2 yr membership for $289 I would get 4 complimentary airline tickets. What they never mentioned is that you have to commit to 5-7 nights stay in exclusive hotels to get those tickets. I found this out a lot later when I got a second phonecall from the rep and decided i wanted to upgrade. The charges that followed were not the difference in the price, but additional charges of $127, $308, $319, and $218 is the latest. Some of these were not authorized. When I got the so called "upgrade" paperwork, I realized the conditions of the tickets and they told me it wasn't 4 tickets, that it was 2. So here I am, $1308 later with no directory, no tickets, nothing except a certificate that I myself could have made. I did get reimbursed for $319. But that is it. I just made a phone call today, OCt. 16, 2008 and they referred me to the famous Andrew Jones that I have read so much about online. He's in a meeting...right! And will call me back...double right! I did contact my CC company and they will investigate but they can not reimburse me for the original charge since too much time have gone by. That charge was for $168.
An

Comments

11th of May, 2011
If you really want to be in Madison Who's Who, but don't want to pay the $700, just stay on the line with them and tell them that you are not interested and they will keep dropping the price. The guy who called me got down to a $59 for a trial one year membership before he finally hung up after I told him for about the 5th time that I was not interested.