Madison & Mitchell / Madison & Mitchell Scammed Us

1 7310 W. McNab Road, Suite 107Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (877) 717-2444

Madison & Mitchell is a collection agency out of FL that will collect money on your behalf from your debtors and then never actually get the money to you. They will say that you incurred additional costs (even though you are already paying 33% of everything collected) and they will just collect and keep the money.

We are a company in CO and our clients sometimes decide not to pay us for our labor and materials so after many attempts on my part to collect, we send them over to a collection agency. I was calling to get updates on our collection accouts from the previous accountant that worked in the office. I called one of our debtors to collect and he told me no I do not owe you because I paid a collection agency and they gave me a discount and I only had to pay half. I called the collection agency and left messages for a week and a half before I could actually talk to someone besides the receptionist. I finally got ahold of a collection agent and she said the accounting department did not have any intentions of calling me back. She said yes they had collected on and closed our accounts with them, they received the money from our debtors and said they were not going to pay it to us. She said that other charges were incurred which she could not elaborate on (even though we are paying 33% of everything collected to the collection agency) and they are just going to keep the money that they have collected. She said she was not going to argue or even deal with me so she said they are not paying us our money and that is final. We were completely scammed by Madison & Mitchell they took our money.

Ka

Comments

• Al
      11th of Sep, 2008

My name is Allen Gossett of Shawnee, Ok. I own and operate Crystal Clear Pools Inc. We received a mailer advertising a high success rate in collecting bad debt so we too turned over our deadbeat clients to Madison and Mitchell for collection. I called to inquire their collection methods, terms and conditions. I was told that NO money would be paid upfront for their service and that they only got paid when they collected and that their fee was never more than 33%. Immediately upon receiving paperwork on our outstanding debts, they asked for money upfront to go after one of our clients as a means of collecting. I called them questioning this after being told repeatedly that there was never any out of pocket expenses. They reassured me that in order to get me my money that we needed a judgment and to send $750.00. This was to be a flat rate that superceeded the 33% and that I would be reinbursed the $750.00 plus my original amount owed. They settled this case, took forever to forward my money then deducted an additonal $300.00 for attorneys fees plus never reinbursed my $750.00. During this whole time, I had made so many phone calls I can't remember and never had one returned. Finally, when I got a hold of a Julie Martin, she tell me that I have a check coming to me in the amount of $1, 400.00 plus. 2 months pass and I still have yet to see it. In a second matter, they settled with one of my deadbeat clients that I had already taken to court and gotten a judgement but without my knowledge or permission, they setteled for half the amount of a almost $5, 000.00 debt. Keep in mind, a court had already awarded me $5, 000.00 and they accepted $2, 500. ###!!!
    Today I find that when I call their phone is disconnected. I will notify the Attorney General in Florida. I hope they are prosecuted and punished to the full extent. NOW I"M PISSED!!!

Allen E. Gossett
    Crystal Clear Pools Inc.
    Shawnee, Ok 74804
    405-273-7727

24th of Sep, 2008

I have the same problem as Allen Gossett of Shawnee
    I am also pissed what will be the best procedure fore us to get our money back
    Marie Gachet

• Al
      25th of Sep, 2008

Hi. This is Allen Gossett again with Crystal Clear Pools Inc. of Shawnee, Oklahoma. First, a correction to my original complaint. I was solicited by phone not mailer. I just wanted to update everyone who views this site. Since posting my complaint, I have received several phone calls from people who have been scammed by Madison and Mitchell seeking both advice and additional information on how to both contact Madison and Mitchell and if I have anything else to offer. I am surprised at all the phone calls concerning this matter but only 2 other complaint postings besides mine on this site. It is evident that this has happened to alot of people. My suggestion is first post your complaint on this site then contact the attorney generals in both your state and Florida and file a complaint with the BBB. I am going to email my complaint on ABCs' website in care of Good Morning America television show. Hopefully, the media will jump all over this. They are always looking for a story to report. Maybe we'll get a lot of free publicty out of this and get some sort of resolve. Just remember, it doesn't do you any good to complain if you don't get involved, participate and take action.

Allen E. Gossett
    Crystal Clear Pools Inc.
    911 E. MacArthur Street
    Shawnee, Ok. 74804
    405-273-7727
    email poolman273@aol.com
    website www.crystalclearpoolsspas.com

29th of Sep, 2008

I am a contractor in CA and our company was likewise scammed by Madison and Mitchell. In December of 2006, we received a "Collection Service Description" letter thru fax from Madison and Mitchell signed by Tony Pace introducing their company as a full service debt collection and a legal forwarding agency. On January of 2007, wereceived a fax copy of "Confirmation of Account" sent by Susan Miller stating that it serves to memorialize our verbal agreement to place my accounts with their firm for collections, when in fact and in truth I haven’t given my confirmation yet to place my accounts to them.

When I started collecting from one of our clients, the general contractor claimed that they already paid in full and the cashier’s check in the amount of $ 5, 000.00 was issued jointly to Southland Plastering, Inc. and Madison & Mitchell. They provided us the copy of the check as well as the unconditional waiver and release upon final payment issued and signed by Lee Klein, Treasurer and this waiver was issued by Madison & Mitchell without my personal knowledge and consent. They made it appear as if the said waiver originated from Southland Plastering. It was even notarized!

On June 17, 2008, I had a phone conversation with Susan Miller and she mentioned that they indeed collected the amount of $ 5, 000.00 from my debtor (general contractor for a specific project) and that she already made a request for payment for such collection and forwarded it to their Accounting Department. She further stated that they will send a check to me in the amount of $ 5, 000.00 after 2 weeks.

Months have passed and I have not received any check from Madison and Mitchell. We exhausted all our efforts to follow up the matter until the time that all their phone lines were disconnected.

I called up the Attorney General's Office in FL and they advised me to send a formal complaint to FL Office of Financial Regulation, 200 E. Gaines St., Tallahassee, FL 32399.

• Te
      30th of Sep, 2008
    Madison & Mitchell - took the money and ran
    All Sports
    2370 maggio cr. #16
    Lodi
    California
    Phone: 2093394204

Turned this collection over to madison & mitchell on 10/15/07 for the amount of $741.35, finally on 7/7/08 Susan Miller stated that they collected the majority of the amount and felt no more could be collected and my part would be $466.00 approx. and we would close this out.8/26/08 called about the check to be sent talked to danielle, she said she couldn'e understand why the check wasn't sent out on the 15th, she stated that's when checks are sent out and she would make sure it was taken care of. So here it is 9/30/08, still no check
    the watts number 877-717-2444 is disconnected, the 954-721-3111 has some generic answering machine, the fax 954-726-5500 is also disconnected.
    So i sounds like i just got hosed!!!

30th of Sep, 2008

I have been hired by a my client out of New York to go after Madison & Mitchell. They collected some money and have yet to pay them. I understand the phone numbers have been disconnected. My firm specializes in Asset & Liability Investigations. Please contact me so we can discuss your situations.

• Te
      9th of Oct, 2008

To all who have been scammed by Madison & Mitchell, i wrote my complaint and today 10/9/08 was contacted by
    Detective John Calabro, Broward Sheriff Office, Regional Investigations, Economic Crime Unit discussing Madison & Mitchell
    I myself am going to file an affidavit to go after these jerks. Power in numbers ANYBODY who has a complaint and has been
    scammed as i was please contact;
    Detective John Calabro
    Broward Sheriff Office
    2601 W. Broward Blvd. Suite 2501
    Fort Lauderdale, FL. 33312
    phone; 954-321-4254
    fax. 954-321-4331

• Da
      14th of Oct, 2008

I am also a casualty of these film falm artist. I am in direct contact with a detective that is compiling a case against these honest agents. Please contact me by email with the detail surrounding your run-in with Madison Mitchell. The Detective has ask me to act as a go-between and collect names and pertinent data. He explained that he currently has over 80 open cases and will need all the help he can get, but it will be easier to deal with 1 mediator. My email address is: drossi@majconstruction.com. Let's bag these rats, thanks for you help.

17th of Oct, 2008

Thought I'd join the bandwagon. We have two accounts with these jokers, only one of which we actually paid anything. They are pretty slick for a company that actually does nothing. Somehow this must be unlawful.

29th of Oct, 2008

Please give me a call to discuss the claims submitted against Madison & Mitchell. We are hoping we can move against them criminally. Please contact my office immediately. My firm works on a contingency so you will never have to come out of pocket for any fees. Let me know if you have any questions.

29th of Oct, 2008

Please contact my firm directly so I can send you the necessary affidavits so we ca add your claim to the file that is being prepared for the Criminal Attorney. Please do not hesitate to call me on my mobile if you have any questions.

29th of Oct, 2008

To answer your questions, we are a contingency firm. You will not have to pay my firm any upfront money out of pocket. We only get paid when funds are received. If you email me I will reply with the affidavit and my firm’s information. We would like to get the rest of the claims submitted by the first week of November. The customers that I have emailed already, you will have to mail the original affidavits to my office. The address is on the affidavit. Please fax a copy to my office and I will send it to the attorney immediately so that they can submit the claims appropriately. Any other questions please do not hesitate to call.

21st of Nov, 2008

Please call me to discuss the accounts that had not been collected. There is no reason why they cant be collected if your customers are still operating. This will also allow us to make sure M&M had not collected on any other accounts. Please call me if youhave any questions. For those that have submitted your affadavits to my office, i have sent them off and will have verification of claim after the holidays.

• Bo
      24th of Nov, 2008

Another victim scammed by Madison & Mitchell. They drafted our account for an amount due our vendor and the vendor had already paid us. Vendor never requested their help and of course never got the funds.
    I am referring to
    phone; 954-321-4254
    fax. 954-321-4331

• Da
      2nd of Dec, 2008

These guys are COCKROACHES, they came in & told us the biggest lies & scammed our company of many bad debts. The OWNER Sam Madison was the culprit. I can only hope that turnaround is fair play & run into you one day.Karma is the only hope we have, I hope repayment is in FULL!!! Sam if you read this PLEASE contact me direct for resolution to YOUR unfair practices!!!
    Darryl R. Forrest
    Champion Steel
    Deland Florida

• Ke
      11th of Dec, 2008

We to got scammed by madison & mitchel. it's been over a year that susan miller said they collected $1100.00 out of $1, 300.00. she said they would send check.HaHa!!! everytime i would call her she said she didn't know why i haven't recieved a check yet and that she would look in to it !!!HaHa !!! I've been calling for months and the number has been disconnected!!! I im soooo discussed!!! Will never use a collection agency again!!!
    Kevin Richard

31st of Dec, 2008

I wanted to let everyone know that we have begun the process of negotiating some sort of pay off schedule and will start preparing the individual waivers necessary to secure those that have not been paid. We are still trying to verify the monies collected by M&M from your customer. Please email me or call me to discuss.

13th of Jan, 2009

This company is a public nuisance and should be sent packing. We assigned an account for collection in the summer of 2007. The amount was $21, 000.00 Tony Pace was my representative for Madison & Mitchell. Like most of you, I was contacted by phone. I figured, what the heck, the job is a lose anyway and there is not enough money to hire a lawyer to collect it. I accepted the 20% fee they would take if they managed to collect any money.
    After not hearing from them for about 3 to 4 months; I sent a Cease and Desist Order and assigned the account to another collection agency. I was contacted within 24 hours by the new agency; it seem Madison & Mitchell did manage to collect $10, 000 and never bothered to inform me of their success. Now--this is what really pisses me off, in addition collecting the money; they drafted a settlement agreement with my debtor discharging the remaining claim--I never would of agreed to that! Furthermore, they even went so far as to forge my signature on the settlement which was signed and notarized by them as well. No notary from my home state appears next to my signature.
    I consider myself lucky...after hammering them for about a month with daily phone calls, I was able to recover $8, 000.00 of the $10, 000.00 they collected. They still took their fee. I believe the only reason I was able to collect is because I have a copy of the forgery which the new collection agency provided me.
    Here is my complication. I've decided to sue the original debtor in small claims court for the remaining amount of the debt...their settlement letter may prove to be a touchy argument before a judge. I hope to use this message board as evidence against Madison & Mitchell when I pursue the rest of my claim. I prefer to remain anonymous on the internet, however, I wish you all god speed and good luck on recovering your money from these unconscionable scam artists.

29th of Jan, 2009

I am not sure if any of you are looking at this anymore but my firm has begun negotiating with M&M's Counsel on settling the claims outstanding. Please call me if I have not already talked to you and received the amounts owed to you. You can also email me the amounts owed.

• Ge
      8th of Feb, 2009

this company has been doing this for years