Madison at Ridgelake - Nashville, TN / Poor repair service

www.ridgelakeapts.com

100 Ridgelake Pkwy
Nashville, TN 37209
[protected]

This is the last complaint letter and e-mail sent to the corporate office. The first issue also dealt with water and took 3 weeks to get corrected. A drain line from the building was backing up into my apartment. Causing mold and stink.

I again have had a problem in my apartment and once again your companys ability to resolve the issue is lacking. Follows is a summary of what has happened:

9/16 I called the non-emergency number and left a message about a wet spot on my ceiling and a wet carpet around the dining room wall directly under the spot.

9/18 still no call back and the wet spot on the ceiling is bigger and the carpet is now very wet. I called and left a message for Jenny at 9 am. At 3 pm she called to say they had been in my apartment, the ceiling and carpet problem was a leak in a pipe on the third floor that has now been fixed. They had a dehumidifier going in my apartment, to dry it out since it was wet and the maintenance guys said it smelled like mold. She also had scheduled the carpet cleaner for Wednesday 9/19.

9/19 I returned home from work with my daughter to find the dehumidifier unplugged and sitting in the living room in front of my TV and the carpets had not been touched.

9/20 to 9/24 Nothing changed in my apartment, the carpets still had not been done and the dehumidifier had not been moved.

9/25 I just returned from talking to Jenny at 10:30 am, she is completely unaware the carpets have not been done. She called them herself. I received no reply as to way no one ever calls back when a message is left on the non emergency line.

It is obvious the maintenance staff around here is not held accountable for anything. I frankly have enough to do besides chasing the staff here to see that my apartment is taken care of. These water issues I have had are doing nothing but causing damage to buildings that your company owns. These issues could have caused severe damage and I am the only one who seems concerned. I work usually tell about 7 or 8 every night and weekends as well, I should be able to come home and relax. I like living here and told a lady that while I was waiting to talk with Jenny. I expect my carpet to be cleaned to day and the dehumidifier removed as well, this is not a storage area. I also feel all this trouble with this event and the last one that you all should compensate me with a month of rent at $642. Thanks for your help in these matters.

Comments

An
  3rd of Jun, 2008
I strongly agree with the resident above. Madison at Ridgelake has a beautiful view; the company ensures that the grounds are well landscaped according to the season and the geese on the property add a certain aesthetic. However, this is about the only thing that is pleasing. They could care less about the quality of service they provide. All of a residents complaints are met with nonchalant apologies and failed promises to communicate with you (the resident) when your needs require immediate attention. Personally, I would not recommend (refer) anyone to reside in this community. My opinion is based solely upon the deplorable quality of service.
Jo
  28th of Jun, 2009
What a God awful place to live. As of today, I have broken my lease due to what I believe is a mold condition in my unit. Management can't keep up with the dilapidated condition of these units. If maintenance staff didn't have duct tape and WD40, these buildings would fall apart.
The grounds are the only thing that looks nice about these apartments. Looks can be deceiving. Buyer beware.