Made In Sport / Their refund practice is hopeless

I ordered three Tour de France jerseys during the 2005 Tour and each was roughly half the size one would have expected. I returned them all. They were intended for my two grandsons and me. There then followed months of e-mails and faxes concerning the method of refund. I had to provide bank numbers for international payments, etc. MadeinSport refused to simply refund to the credit card I had used when purchasing the jerseys. In the end, after they made the same requests for bank information about four times, and I answered fully each time, MadeinSport just went off the air and I never received a penny in refund. The whole exercise had cost roughly $225 for the jerseys and another $125 in Canadian customs and shipping charges.

Based on this experience, I would advise anyone to avoid MadeinSport like the plague. Their sizing is totally unreliable (later I learned that the same jerseys are carried in retail stores in my home town, London Ontario Canada, and the dealers know to order very large sizes to fit people who would normally take a much smaller size). And, most importantly, their refund practice is hopeless.

Va

Comments

Je
  7th of Jan, 2007

I had a similar experience with Made in Sport. I bought a Tour de France tshirt and calender for my dad which came to 29.95 euros. I made the mistake of not noticing my order suddenly came to 49.95 with postage when I pressed the confirm button. So I thought no problem I will just cancel my order. Not possible! I first sent messages to them in this silly box, with no reply except for a reply saying I would get a reply, so I then called them. I chose the English section and came through to a woman that wouldn't speak english to me and said call back. So I called back and they started hanging up on me. SO I called through their french customer service section and they either hung up or said there was no one that could speak to me in english. I know I'm the one who originally made the mistake of buying the most expensive tshirt that ever was (and I hope my dad appreciated it), but then for a company that gives the option of english should provide english. I think tour de france should be aware of this really bad service that they are providing. I have put it down to experience and to be very careful in the future since I can't get a response from the company. Their postage prices are criminal!

Be
  19th of Jul, 2008

In 2007 i ordered a tdf casqprint05 caps, hats, but i didn`t get it.I only get a gift wrapping and a tdf maillot jaune (shirt for cycling)as i had ordered. I cant get a response from the company. I am very disepointed.