Macy's Credit Card - American Express / how can I be late if I never get a statement

United States Review updated:

I made a purchase with the credit card. When I get a bill it has late fees. However, I never got a bill. This happened when I signed up for paperless billing. Now it's happened again! I've got a credit score of over 850. I got it by paying my bills off and on time.
After reading some of the other, similar, complaints I think it would be wise to stay away from the Macy's American Express Card. Additionally, when made arrangements to make the "final" payment they called me everyday but...they just hung up after I answered. Hey folks, that's harassment! Log onto your cell phone provider and enter their number, [protected], into the blocked calls list.

Ri

Comments

• Sk
      3rd of May, 2012

"I made a purchase with the credit card. When I get a bill it has late fees. However, I never got a bill."
    You made a purchase, and knew perfectly well you owed them money. Did you think they forgot? Did you think that unless you receive a paper bill, you aren't legally responsible for your purchases?
    "This happened when I signed up for paperless billing. Now it's happened again!"
    If you signed up for paperless billing, you could have easily logged into your account to see your balance and due date.

• Wi
      3rd of May, 2012

I think after a few weeks I would've thought "hmm, isn't my credit card bill due soon?", and checked online or called the 800 number or something.

I've gotten bills late in the mail a lot, but I always knew they were due and didn't wait.

3rd of May, 2012

How did you get a bill with late fees when you never got a bill?