Macy's / ridiculous on-line bill pay

Macy's credit cards and the so-called customer service reps that work there are worthless! I tried to pay my bill on-line in advance of the due date, and it told me I had a $0 balance and no payment was due. I was certain I had written down the right payment date in my calendar, so I called the customer service number on the back on my card, and again, I was told that I had a $0 balance and no payment was due. One week later, I get a call at home telling me that my payment is past due!!! Seriously!! I made a good faith effort to make a payment and the online system wouldn't accept a payment when there was a $0 balance. I called customer service and was directed on two occasions, to someone who could not speak English and clearly did not understand my issue. I was furious!! I tried to make an online payment once again, and it still didn't work!! So I called them back, paid a $15 bank fee to make a payment over the phone, and promptly closed this account!!! TERRIBLE ONLINE BILL PAY AND TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Take my advice, and do not get a Macy's credit card! You will regret it! The 15% that I "saved" for opening the account didn't cover the fees I had to pay to get rid of it!! AWFUL!! Do yourself a favor, and SHOP AT KOHL'S INSTEAD!!

Comments

• Th
      22nd of Jul, 2007
    Macy's - Macy's steals password to advertise

Macy's stole my password on MYSPACE to advertise their Giftcard. They sent their junk to all my friends. These people are EVIL. I will NEVER shop there again!

• Jm
      18th of Mar, 2008
    Macy's - Worry-no-more!
    Maryland

Not a complaint... but a huge THANK YOU to all the folks who wrote about their problems with Macy's Worry-no-more "protection". I purchased furniture and was offered that protection... but I wanted to do some research and find out the reputation of Worry-No-More. Thanks to you folks, I won't waste my money! Thanks!

26th of Jul, 2008

guess what? I have never had an issue with Macys before. Now I do. why? Because tonight for the first time the websit is unavailable. Now I get to this forum and I read all of the negative comments. Now I have a real issue with Macys. The simple fact is I work in retail and Macys really needs to sit up and take notice of the complaints. Negative publicity is the worst for a retail store and I'm disapointed that macys is not stepping up to the plate. I'm a long time customer and will def take all of this into consideration into my next online shopping trip.Bonton sells the same stuff guys!!!

marlena

• Er
      31st of Aug, 2008

You are an idiot. It was Myspace that sent messages to your friend not Macy's. The gift card hoax has been around a long time - most likely your computer has a virus.

• Vi
      17th of Sep, 2008

Worry-no-more is a scam and should be shut down. They are all liars, won’t service anything, stole my money and left me out to dry. They actually wanted me to get it service by another company at my expense, before they would come out to service my dining table. I sincerely wish that I as a consumer would have the option of forfeiting my claim if I choose to engage in a UFC style match with anyone in the company...I would say...LET'S GET IT ON!!!

This company look primed for any attorney to file a CLASS ACTION...count me in.

Rude customer service:
    MADELINEF@STAINSAFE.COM

• Pe
      7th of Dec, 2008

i wouldnt put nothing pass macys they are vicoius and dont care about us locals we have feelings to .

• St
      4th of Feb, 2009
    Macy's - Delivery charge not authorized
    EMI*ENCORE MARKETING
    California

I ordered from Macy's and my delivery charge was added to my sum and now EMI*ENCORE MARKETING is charging me an additional $1.00. I never authorized this and just don't want them to keep charging me. Thank you

• We
      15th of Mar, 2009

It's not Macy's. It's a virus that is going around My Space. Though they use the Macy's name the virus has absolutely nothing to do with the company.

• Gw
      19th of Mar, 2009
    Macy's - debit my checking after notified of my chapter 13
    Ohio

Macy's was aware of me filing a chapter 13 and was given the case number they still debit my checking account for 2 month and i was charged overdraft fees from them during this to me. I have filed complaints with BBB and my attorney general and i wish i could file a law suit against them, .

• Mi
      28th of Dec, 2009
    Macy's - placed service charge on zero balance
    3310 nw 178th, street
    Miami
    Florida
    Phone: 786-488-3350

Macy's credit department mistakenly sent my credit accounts statement to my previous address. When the address was corrected and account statement received, I sent the total amount owed on the credit card statement to Macy's but later found that Macy's had charged $37.00 against my account fo the late charges.Please investigate and remove this unwelcome charges on my account.My account# 47-955099-806-1. Thank you. Michael Joshua

• Ti
      30th of Dec, 2009

Your payment is due when it's due, whether you receive a statement or not. They have every right to charge a late fee on a late payment.

• St
      6th of May, 2010
    Macy's - I have not been receiving my coupons that I am entitled
    macys.com

I have a complaint. I have not been receiving my coupons that I am entitled to and I would like to know why.

• Lo
      6th of May, 2010

They are expired.

• Li
      10th of Sep, 2010
    Macy's - credit card company change
    Macy's

Macy's changed my credit card with them from a VISA to American Express without my request. When I tried to email a complaint about this through their website, there is no customer service email beyond purchases, store experiences and credit card services. Apparently, there is not much interest intaking care of customers if you aren't buying something at the moment.

• As
      11th of Sep, 2010

Yes, they do. I found the site for you...

• Re
      19th of Jan, 2011

You can really be this stupid ...wait you are I am sorry for that I really hope you aren*t *special* because that would make me feel bad...wait I take that back my friend Jack who is just said you were stupid.

• My
      10th of Feb, 2011

Ask Macy's you idiot, not people on an unassociated website. Duh!

• Je
      6th of Apr, 2011
    Macy's - stolen card(no statement up dates)
    Sacramento
    California
    Phone: (916)613-2627

I went to use my macy's card and noticed it was gone. I then went down to the macy's store to find out my balance and get a new card.At that time i was informed that my spend limit was razed. I didnt receive not one notice or statement from macy's stating my activity, spend limit increase or any kind of alert to the suspicous use.

• Lu
      14th of Jan, 2012
    Macy's - credit card charge
    Washington

Macy's credit card online payment is a mess. And if you sign up for the paperless notification, you are in for a shock. They bill you AFTER the due date, now you are liable for late payment charges and fees. This happened to me more than once within six months. So stick with paper option, or do not use Macy's card at all.

• Ba
      12th of Feb, 2012
    Macy's - Erroneous credit reporting

We entered into a debt mgmnt agreement w/ Macy's. They agreed to it. We never missed a payment. Macy's reported us late to the Credit reporting agency (experian, etc) each month. After disputes to credit agencies- they still will not change it- will never spend another cent in Macy's forever.