Macy's / holding on the phone

1 Bloomington, MN, United States Review updated:

I am very upset today about the Macy's store in Bloomington. I like Macy's for the most part but today was ridiculous. I was put on hold for 25 minutes and 41 seconds before someone picked up the phone! I called the Macy's store in Burnsville and the lady was very kind enough to tell me they did have the top I was looking for at Bloomington (Mall of America) in my size. When I called Burnsville the lady helped me right away no wait time. However I cannot say the say about the Bloomington store. I called and was put on hold forever! When I finally was picked up again, the lady said she never seen the top before! But apparently there were larges and x-larges. I was looking for a small and Burnsville confirmed there was one. I confronted Bloomington and the lady repeated saying she never seen the top before and we only had larges and x-larges. She did not even step foot off the counter to check the floor for stock. I am anger that such customer service if you can even call it that was displayed. I was a sales operator before at a different store and I know for a fact you should never put a customer on hold for 25+ minutes! This is just one of many bad experiences I have had at the Macy's store in Bloomington so I hope for Macy's sake that they hire some better employees or make a designated sales operator job so people can get some service. I am just astonished by how long I had to wait just to hear an incompetent employeee tell me she was not willing to help me even though the top was there.

Comments

• Po
      28th of Dec, 2010

helpNu, you are 100% correct.

• In
      28th of Dec, 2010

This is a crazy busy time of year in stores. Not the time to call and expect amazing customer service.

• Po
      28th of Dec, 2010

Additionally, customers are first come, first serve. The person on the phone may have had several real-life and phone customers that came before them.