Macys / customer service

1 AL, United States Review updated:

Today, I contacted Macy’s about my husband’s account. I spoke with a young lady named Jamie. I tried to explain to Jamie that Macy’s is reporting an incorrect balance on my husband’s credit report. My husband has made payments to his Macy’s account monthly since December 2009 through Northland, a company representing Macy’s. We recently settled the account for the amount of 3000.00 on February 15. Prior to settling the account, monthly payments were made in the amount of 80.00. Yesterday, we contacted Macy’s to find out when the account would be updated with the correct balance as we are in the process of purchasing a new home. I was told by a CSR that the account was not flagged correctly and the Manager of the department would update the records the following day. I followed up today to see when the account would reflect the changes that I had been told would transpire today and was told by Jamie, that Macy’s had 45 days to respond to the credit bureaus and by it being a closed account that they are not obligated to report on it at all. I tried to explain to her that we spoke with someone the day before that assured my husband that the change would be made today, but she insisted that I did not understand what she was saying and started calling me Wanda by my first name. Somehow I went from Mrs. Brown to just Wanda. I asked to speak with someone else and she said that I was welcome to call back and speak to anyone that answers the phone. I then asked to speak with a supervisor and she told me that her supervisors do not answer calls and that she is very capable of handling this call. I asked her if I could speak with the person responsible for updating account records and she then told me that she did not know who that was or what department responsible for updating the account. I asked is there an address or fax number that she could give so that I could write a formal letter requesting service and she said no and told me that she would be hanging up. Customer Service is an important part of retail. If CSRs are this rude to customers, why would I wish to continue to spend my money there. Even though I no longer have a credit card there, I often spend money with Macy and pay by cash. I won't anymore and when asked I will tell my friend about my experience.

Comments

• Ga
      25th of Feb, 2010

O my god !!! same thing happened to me my husband send out a payment they cashed the check before the due date and I had to call the bank show proof because they were charching me the late fee!

• Ga
      25th of Feb, 2010

Im very unhappy with Macys they have people answering telephones with CERO experience!!!