Maclen & Associates / threatening phone calls!

2960 Cox St.Pollock Pines, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 530-644-3802
Unfortunately a $300 debit was turned into a $700 debt do to Maclen & ###. I offered him $200 now and the remaining balance in a week. I was denied, told to borrow money from family and friends OR ELSE he will have the sheriff come to my place of employment and serve me papers or even put me under arrest.

Comments

Br
  28th of May, 2008
I too have experienced the same thing with maclen & associates. they have called me numerous times and even contacted my boss to let her know that they would be serving me with summons at work because I could not give them the $300 debt I owe. how unproffesional is that? I have argued with one of the girls that has been calling numerous times and she has stooped to yelling, name calling and telling me I had no rights as a consumer since I failed to pay the $300 when I should have. she pretty much lied to me about every option I had and would not even tell me what the name of the company she was with and would not even give me my own "file" number. again, said I had no right to it and then hung up on me. I then had to do research on my own to find out what the name of the collection co. was and then contacted a "supervisor" who in turn did nothing.
Ha
  10th of Jun, 2008
This comapny has continues to send threatening letters and phone calls, even though I have faxed them the required paperwork that shows the debt was resolved years ago. they've acknowledged receipt and confirmed the debt was resolved but still continue to harass me. this is a scam!
Am
  8th of Aug, 2008
I have a debt that was sent to the company. I never refused to pay but informed them that I did not have a job at this time. I was asked if anyone had ever done a hardship application with me and I told them no. when I was informed that they needed to get personal information from me told them that I don't like to give out personal information over the phone so the woman asked me for my address and email address. I was assuming it was to send the information to me. she then asked me a couple of small questions, and asked me to please hold so that she could see if the hardship application would be able to help me in anyway, while holding she transferred me to another guy who immediatly jumped down my throat and started threatening me with who knows what (he said that if I didn't have the money within 2 hours my file would be trasferred to there litigation department. I never refused to pay this debt but wanted more information on the hardship application that was going to be sent to me and that is when he told me that nothing was going to be sent to me.
Am
  8th of Aug, 2008
The only difference in my situation is the one that called me was from murrietta, ca 92562. sry didn't see it before that it was a different address
Be
  19th of Mar, 2009
This company is a complete scam! do not pay them a dime. they say they will update your credit report to show paid in full but what they dont tell you is they dont own the debt and therefore they cant update anything!! they paid pennies on the dollar for your credit card or bank acct debt and then charge you an additional 22% on top of what you really owe. so a $200 bill becomes $1000. also some more food for thought the owner of this company buys debt and never pays the company he bought the debt from. the owner of this company is currently being sued from these companies. do not pay or sell this company anything! beware
Be
  19th of Mar, 2009
I got this from another web-site just to prove what I was trying to warn everyone! also look him (name shown below) and the company up on riverside superior court system under civil law suit and you will see all the dirt.

Have you seen or do you know ths man, antyreon aka ac cambric. last doing business in menifee or temecula ca. under maclen and associates or fellowship. this man is a thief, a liar and have stolen money from clients. his fraudualent practice in collections has cost local businesses money and over 1000 credit card holders money. he uses the name of god as a cover up. antyreon cambric is a smooth approachable, well organized, manipulative man. he comes in the name of god, to get the attention of christian based organizations and individuals. he has been running these schemes for over 10 years, with the experience of collections. his scam has effected many. small businesses, corporations, individuals, investors, etc.
Source: fpr

Watch out for your credit!! watch out for a collection agency by the name: maclen and associates or fellowship collections!! if you know information about this man or company please leave a response it will be checked daily. please help stop the scams and contact the murrieta ca. police department if you have been a victim of this man antyreon cambric!! aka ac.
Na
  5th of May, 2009
Well I started a payment arrangement with them and they have taken 50 dollars a month for two months on 500 I supposively owe and they were also threating wage garnishments court all the above threats and so I set this arrangment up and then after I set it up another man called dont remmember the name was threatening me saying that I cant do this 50 dollars a month so he is going to charge me 900 dollars if I dont pay the full ammount so I made a supposive deal with him saying I will do 300 this month and 200 the next.. so I was ready to make that payment and all the sudden every listed phone number they had are now disconnected and I dont know how to get a hold of them and reading everyone elses complaints makes me wonder that this is really a big scam I would like to know how to get my 150 back... that I already payed is there a way cause they arent getting another dime...
Je
  23rd of Jun, 2009
I had the same thing happened to me. very threatening and intimidating. they told me that I would never be anything or get any where in life if I keep running away from my responsibilities. they even told me may god save you. after me getting into an argument with them over the way I was talked to on the phone they told me to never call back or they would file harassment against me. I have never in my life been talked to or treated that badly. I hope that they get what they deserve.