Macey & Aleman / taking money/no services rendered

NJ, United States Review updated:
3.35
I hired Macey & Aleman to represent me in a bankruptcy matter. They took my money and never did anything for me. It is now four months later, my phone calls and emails are not returned, and letters sent certified have disappeared. I gave them $1700.
Ja

More Macey & Aleman Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Mi
  10th of Nov, 2008
MY NAME IS MICHELLE JOPSEPH I ALSO PAID UNITED CREDIT ADJUSTERS 899.00 FOR BANKRUPTY AND CREDIT REPAIR ANSD NEVER SEEN ANY HELP FROM THEM.
Lt
  12th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i dont know if your dude is a sex offender or not. if he is common sense would tell you to warn others. in another instant we dont know you from adam either so if some one blogs that your a sex offender should we believe them? as far as the person complaining about services not rendered- did the attorney inform you how long of a process this is to file for bankruptcy? did they inform you how things could be sped up by you giving them all the addresses, phone numbers and dollar amounts (up to date) for the companies you are filing against? did you pay them all the fees they required? if so, you shouldve received a copy of what is being allowed and dis-allowed in the filing and why certain ones arent being allowed. after that process has been completed you will be scheduled an appointment to meet with the judge if you do not show for the hearing your case will be dropped. did they inform you of that? the office out of dayton ohio helped me, ask directly for the attorney that sat down with you to file. mine took aprox. 8 months before i saw the judge and another 2 months after that it was discharged. did they give you a set time frame for completing the process? did you keep receipts for payments made? if you still dont get any satisfaction, take your receipts and file a greivance with a judge to get your money back, then contact the bbb.
Ba
  11th of May, 2010
I hired Macey & Aleman after an initial consultation at their New Jersey office in mid March 2010. At that time, I paid all fees and costs and provided every single document that they asked for. Also, all my papers were neatly organized by category and in order. I had a meeting with the attorney one week after my initial consult and it was confirmed that they had everything they needed to file my case. Three weeks later, I received a call telling me that they were waiting for my documents so my case can be worked on. I called and was told that was a mistake and they did have my documents. In mid April 2010 I called to check on the status of my case (it was now a month after they had payment in full and all of my documents) and was told the file was nearly complete and my case would be filed that week. Now 3 weeks later, it is mid May and I called to ask why my case was not filed and I was told that they had many cases they were working on but promised that my case would be filed by the end of the month! I should have followed my instincts and used a local well know bankruptcy attorney. I had a consult with a local bankruptcy attorney and the fee he quoted was only $300 more than Macey & Aleman. Like they say "penny wise and dollar foolish". Do not use this firm you will get nothing except aggravation.
Ar
  10th of May, 2011
I hired macey and aleman feb 08 it took until august 08 to get a court date i get a court date have to pay 100% of my debit which i had to agree now in august 2010 i applied for a home modification got a approve a month later. my mortgage company fedex them paper they sat on until november my modification was denied because they never put in a motion jan 2011 macy and aleman spoke with my bank i got approved again started making new payment because my bank was in contact with them last week denied again because they failed to put the motion in again these people in the new york branch are useless you can never speak to the managing attorney she never get on the phone I am going to write a letter to everyone today.