Macdonald's / Assaulted by staff!

1 220 W 42ND StNew York, NM, United States Review updated:

On the early hours of Sunday the 28th October, at approximately 1 in the morning, on my way home after an evening with some friends I went into a McDonalds restaurant at 220 W 42ND St, between 7th and 8th avenue, New York at what is supposedly a flag ship of the MacDonald's restaurant chains.

I started the line for a sandwich and after waiting in line for a few moments I decided to go to the restroom, which was situated on one of the upper floors. When I started going up the stairs, a man who was on his cell phone stood on my way, and whilst still on the phone ushered me down the stairs, muttering something that I had to make a purchase first in order to use the restroom, when I ( calmly) explained that I was going to make a purchase and I did not want to take my food to the restroom, at this point he pushed me and told me to "[censored] off, you ###".

I was completely stunned, as I had not expected such a comment from someone working at the restaurant. I then went to the restaurant, and asked to speak to the manager and pointed out the individual who was still standing by the stairs ( and still on the phone). By this point I had made a purchase of sandwich, and proceeded to leave the restaurant, and walked up to the man that had verbally assaulted me and told him that I had reported him to the manager ( he was still on his cell phone). He started shouting at me, saying that he was going to kill me there and then was going to "[censored] me up". With all the shouting, 2 of his colleagues approached and I asked them if they had heard what he was saying to me. ( they must have heard as he was very loud). At this point even though I was being physically threatened, the 2 other men proceeded to physically throw me out of the restaurant (together with my sandwich), even though I was in no way aggressive or abusive. When I attempted to re-enter the restaurant to speak again to the manager I was pushed back on the street.

The following day, I phoned up the official McDonalds customer service and give details of my assault, but have not received any kind of official apology to date.

I will never set foot in McDonalds again.

Comments

• Bi
      5th of Dec, 2007

Only losers eat at McDonalds

• Sc
      4th of Feb, 2008

First of all you called McDonalds corporate instead of calling the police! If he shoved you, he needed to go to jail. Second of all I would have pissed on the ###in floor! Third of all, why did you patronize a business that shoved you? Are you stupid? Fourth of all, why did you go BACK to the guy knowing he has an anger management problem and say "I reported you!" That is instigating. You did instigate the second incident, however, I would have had each of those ###s arrested for touching me, and also, pissed on the floor.