Maak Enterprises / Disreputable business practices

1 Spring, TX, United States Review updated:

I ordered some Frontline and Iverhart from Maak in October. It is now January and I have not received them. I contacted customer support, who told me that the items were shipped in separate packages from separate warehouses to my location and that there was no way both could get lost. I took the issue up with my credit card company and filed a complaint. Shortly thereafter I received a package in the mail (which I had to sign for) and inside was my original bill and two plastic bottle caps. Maak Enterprises actually tried to fake a product delivery to me. I also looked on their website to find my complaint ticket, and it had been deleted, as if they are trying to erase any complaint about their service. I am still battling with Maak Enterprises. Bottom Line - which I cannot emphasize enough: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Ri

Comments

• Su
      21st of Mar, 2009

This company MAAK Ent. sent me Frontline Spot on Top in a pink box from the United Kingdom. I ordered Frontline Top Spot in a purple box from Cal. The ingredients were different also. When I asked them for a return label and advised them I was contacting my credit card company this is what they said. THE ITEM YOU ORDER IS THE ITEM YOU RECEIVED! If you attempt to rip us off we will be turning this over to our attorney for collection. A negative credit collection account will be placed on your credit profile with Experian, Transunion & Equifax. After more then 7 emails they said I could return the unopened products to N. Yorkshire, England and they would charge me $6.95 s/h, plus I would have to pay to ship their item back. This company does not give refunds or credits. Per reports I have since read. The The BBB gives them a F rating. Please save yourself the money and aggravation and do not buy anything from this company maak4pets.com. I reordered the Frontline Top Spot from 1800petmeds and it is correct and safe to use on my dogs. So far it has cost me $210.00 for this product.

• Ka
      23rd of Sep, 2009

I had the same problem. I ordered, they were very rude, they were unprofessional and told me I could return something "return to sender" and then they claimed they never got it. I filed a complaint with BBB and they told the BBB that they had refunded my money-- it was a LIE. Filed a complaint with my cc company and they refunded my money because the company refused to contact them. Shortly after many complaints, emails (because they refuse to answer their phones and do not allow customers to SPEAK to customer service- all contact is to be made via email) I recieved two packages in the mail- with my invoice and taped together plastic bottle caps. I did NOT sign for these packages and believe someone else did but now I understand the purpose of them. They were trying to get my signature. There are many other sites regarding this company and their poor business practices- I cannot believe they are still open!

18th of Feb, 2010

I am in the process of experiencing a simiar situation. On November 18, I ordered Frontline Plus - a total of 5 - 12 packs - I received 6 packs. I have had a terrible time getting in touch w/ anyone. On Dec 8, I was told to wait 3-6 weeks for shipment. This was followed Dec 21 by an email. Support emailed me Dec 23 and said that they were sending a second shipment - Since then I have made several additional contacts w/ support via email and calls to the sales line. Today is February 18, and still no package. They were more than happy to take my total order of $600 but owe me $200 in merchandise. I spoke w/ them yesterday AND emailed customer support so we wil see. Needless to say, I have learned a lesson. drsfosterandsmith.com have ALWAYS shipped quickly w/o any problems. Guess you live and learn! By the way, I have downloaded the complaint form for the Texas Attorney General and TOLD them I would be filling it out and mailing it in, along w/ all the emails that I have written to them over the last few months.

11th of Jan, 2011

MAAK is terrible to buy from. I ordered Frontline from the company December 29, 2010. Still have not received product. I called, a man answered as soon as I gave him my name he sent me to a recording saying it can take up to 20 business days to get product. By then my dogs will be ate up with fleas. Who ever heard of something taking 20 business days to receive something. I will never order from them again, and I recommend no one else does either!

• Ji
      12th of Jan, 2011

orders never arrive. will not talk to you. do not answer e-mail. THIS IS A REAL RIP OFF !!!

• Fu
      23rd of Jun, 2015

A lot of the complaints about this company seem to be very old. I have been ordering through MAAK for over two years and have never experienced any of the issues that have been listed regarding this company or their customer service at all! It's almost confusing to me reading what horror stories some people claim to experience, yes I will agree that sometimes it takes a little longer than average to get my order but at the same time the discount you get completely makes up for that in my eyes. Honestly I'm glad I didn't thoroughly research the company before ordering because the complaints are certainly off putting but I am more than happy with the quality and consistency I've received from them. Hopefully people reading these will chose to do the same thing I did and see for themselves because my family and I are definitely going to continue our business with MAAK Pets:)

• Jd
      17th of Jul, 2015

We never received our order, instead of opting to reship we requested a refund which we received immediately in full so as much as I'd like to say something negative I can't. They were totally on top of it from start to finish.