MAACS / Poor customer service!

1 57 Ingersol DrPortland, ME, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-667-3964

Ordered male ABU's in late September 07 and female (for my wife) in December 07. After 5 emails and several phone-calls later, I was told my first order was sent to Eglin AFB. Another 3 emails and 3 calls until they realized the order number was given to more than one customer. Decided to cancel order in January when local AAFES had product in-stock. Had to play another round of email and phone tag. Out of over 1 dozen emails and 7 calls, I received 3 half-witted convoluted responses. After more telephone calls and threats to complain to GSA and the internet BBB, Christa (Who was nice on the phone) called and I received a refund. As far as the second order goes... I emailed asking if they had my wifes size in stock. I got a reply THE NEXT DAY stating they in fact had the sizes in stock and the order would ship the next-day. LIE!!! After waiting for over 3 weeks, I inquired into the status of the female ABU's that I was told would "ship the next day." The email and phone-tag dance started once again. My persistence again paid-off as I was told the ABU top was in stock but the pants were not. Instead of calling out Allison fort he liar she is (I have the email), I decided something was better than nothing. I received the shirt about 5 days later. On 3 Feb, I requested my CC be refunded the $45 for the pants I never received. On 10 Feb, at 1736, Helen deleted my email without even reading it (I have proof). Is this what MAACS calls customer service? They advertise on their website about how they do their best to ensure customer satisfaction... ###! The site makes claims about over 40 years of military service... really? Being deceitful and dishonest is certainly not a core value I've learned over my 21+ years of Active Duty. These people have no code, no honor, and certainly no shame! Don't pretend to be my military comrade in arms just to get my money. This company is a disgrace and if their claim of over 40 years of military service is actually true... I'm ashamed to be lumped in with them as a veteran.

More MAACS Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mi
      16th of Feb, 2008

I place an order for an APECS jacket, fleece jacket and an ABU pattern duffle bag. The only correspondence I received was an e-mail acknowledging my order and a near-instantaneous charge to my credit card. After three weeks and no further correspondence I sent the company an e-mail asking about the status of my order. I never received a response to that e-mail so I sent another one a few days later. I was told they had no idea when the APECS jacket would be available but the fleece and bag would be in stock in a couple of days. I asked for the APECS order to be cancelled - I never received a response. I sent several (at least 6) e-mails in the next few days inquiring about my order and never received a response to any of those e-mails. I had my wife call (I just arrived in Korea and have no phone service at the moment), and ANY of the items would be in stock. My wife cancelled the entire order and asked for a refund. She was told they would send a check, my wife asked to have the credit card account credited and was told they would either send a check or credit the account. My wife insisted they credit the account but was still told they may send a check. I haven't seen either a check or a credit to my account yet (1 week). In the mean time they hold $400 of my money. I did have one successful order from this company prior for a few small items (helmet cover and band) and received them promptly, but I will not order from them after this last fiasco. Their claim that they charge your credit card to "hold a place with Propper" is a crock - they use your money to operate with. Legitimate companies normally do not charge your card until an item is in stock and ready to ship. Their operation suffers from a lack of inventory control and poor cusotmer correspondence. I will not order form them again.

• Fr
      24th of Mar, 2008

I ordered 2 ABU coats around 5 months ago. After three months of no response, and no coats, I asked for a refund. It took them a couple of weeks to respond back, but I got the same response, "check is in the mail". I have e-mailed several times, since, no response!

25th of Mar, 2008
    MAACS - Never received order!
    www.maacs.com

I placed an order with them online using a credit card back in Nov 2007. I ordered an ABU (Airman Battle Uniform) gortex coat for 299.00. I have not received the coat and haven't had success contacting them by phone or email. They are never at the customer service number that is on the website. I have emailed the person who my order number falls under a few times by government email and they have not got back to me. I had to leave for 2 month for TDY and returned to discover that now the website is down and there is no way of contacting them. I am upset with their company and their customer service is the worst I have ever had. I hear that I am not the only one looking and turning them into the better business bureau.

• Sh
      27th of Apr, 2008

I purchased the ABU rain suit from MAACS in Mar 08. I sent them an e-mail asking if it was in stock and how long it would take to ship it. They said they would get it from their supplier and it usually ships in 10 days. 40 days later, no ABU rain suit. They didn't reply to my e-mails or voice mail. I called my credit card co and disputed the charges due to failure of MAACs to deliver the items. I did get my money back. I'll never buy anything from these guys again. I do a lot of online buying and they had the worst customer service of anyone.

• Br
      2nd of May, 2008
    MAACS - Scam
    MAACS

Ordered ABU's in Feb 2008 and they charged my VISA card the same day of order. Four weeks go by without the uniform delivery. I emailed and called the company at least a half dozen times - no response. I finally received response via email - I tried to cancel my order and the company did not respond. I sent certified mail requesting a cancellation and to credit may VISA. The bottom line is MAACS has the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. They basically ripped me off to the tune of $150.00 - SHAME on you MAACS for hiding behind a veteran owned flag and having the lack of morals to steal from military members.

• La
      24th of May, 2008

If you have any problems with MAACS, i.e. slow shipping or refunds, it's useless to email/call MAACS. They'll eventually answer you emails, but their responses are fruitless. They even lie about sending refund checks, or FEDEXing them. For a company that interacts with our U.S. military, it's a shame they choose to deceive and lie to us. Our mistake for trusting in them. But, the best way to fight back is to cancel all orders, and contact your VISA or MASTERCARD company for a refund. I emailed MAACS repeatedly for my money back, but to no avail. But after calling my credit card companies, I already received my money back from them. And they will go after MAACS themselves. A lot better for them to do our dirty work, than to be lied to by MAACS. I bet their lies won't work with VISA and MASTERCARD. Serves MAACS right for being wrong.

• Rm
      17th of Jun, 2008
    MAACS - Scam and cheating
    Military Accessories and Community Support
    Phone: 1.866.667.3964
    maacs.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT

I ordered a set of Air Force ABU in January 2008 and so far have only received the trousers, though they fully charged my credit card. Calls and e-mails to the company are mainly ignored. Thier ticket system for contacting them is useless.

MAACS is a scam.

• Li
      27th of Jun, 2008

We ordered ABUS in August of 2007...requested a refund in Nov because I still had not received the items I ordered, and I was deploying in Dec. They kept putting off saying they might be in the proper was behind. So my wife called repeatdly and emailed and was told the check was in the mail. We filed in Jan with the BBB in Maine and MAACS told the BBB again that check was in the mail. The end of Feb no check so we have filed with the Maine District attorneys office, who has about 30 claims for this rip off company. We have now formed a group with a private attorney, our goal is to get their GSA license pulled.

27th of Jun, 2008
    MAACS - Canceled order and promised refunds
    MAACS

I canceled this order #30977 when I returned from duty in Afghanistan in March (4 March) this is the middle of May and I still have not received my refund of $166.20, as stated by the customer service representative Linda, I also have email confirmation of my canceled order and it states that a refund check will be mailed within 6 weeks. Well its past 8 weeks now and no refund or contact has been made with me. I have left numerous emails and phone messages with the customer service personnel as well as the owner of MAACS Allison Macdonald with no replies. I have waited in excess of 6 months for my order. I have been told multiple times that I would be receiving my merchandise both on the telephone and e-mails in which I had saved. I requested a refund and then checked on the status of the refund I was told that they have not received this and could not see that I have requested a refund and canceled my order. I do have an email conformation of this cancellation. Then the owner of MAACS was pleading with me to keep the order in which I canceled and continue waiting I e-mailed her back and clearly stated my dissatisfaction and with this purchase and wanted my refund. At the time of purchase there was no information supporting this delay on their web site or order confirmation this was very misleading they should be upfront with their customer at the time of purchase and inform their customers of delays. No response after numerous attempts to resolve this problem or to check the status of refund. I have made contact with the owner Allison Mcdonad, Christa, Helen, AJ, and Linda with no resolve.

• Er
      3rd of Jul, 2008

I'm totally disgusted with Allison Macdonald
    The so called owner of MAACS they are a big
    Scam and have defrauded thousands of dollars
    From unsuspecting customers that ordered in
    Good faith. Allison will tell lie after lie
    About a cloth shortage which Is totally untrue. The same Item's can be ordered from
    BDU.COM and less then a week delivery time.
    I place an order 04/27/2008 with MAACS and they Imediately charged my credit card and refuse to answer phone calls or E-mails I
    certainly hope the law Is on our side to get
    our refunds.

• Ti
      4th of Jul, 2008
    MAACS - No refund after 2 months asking
    www.maacs.com

I ordered my ABU uniform on 1-Nov-07, prior to knowing I was deploying. In Jan I canceled a portion of my order and was refunded promptly. I kept the uniform on order since I may need it here in Iraq. However, throughout time I kept checking and only got excuses so I canceled the entire order on 24 Apr. I was told by Allison to go through my credit card to have the charges reversed. They will only create a dispute with MAACS. That was over a month ago. Still no refund by MAACS. All my emails and multiple customer support tickets are getting me no where. Helen is the only one who responds (sometimes) but only says she doesn't know when I'll be refunded and to go through the ticket system. Nothing seems to get their attention, even to know I am out here contributing to the counter-insurgency of Iraq so they can sleep well and rob from the military members who provide them the blanket of freedom. I intend fully to join in on any class action suit.

• Ki
      7th of Jul, 2008
    MAACS - never received item
    www.maacs.com

I have ordered an ABU rain suit for my husband for his deployment. I have ordered it in Jann08 and then on Feb 15, 2008 MAACS sent me an e-mail stating it was going to get shipped out with in 10 days. Well by this time my husband had already left for the desert. I have been trying to contact them about it and they seem to bypass my questions and just keep on syaing that they do not have his size but according to their website it is still available. Well we are stationed in rainy England and he is definatly going to need it when he gets home. It is July 08 and we still have nothing. I do not care that their was a fabric problem. They should not have taken out the money for the item until it was shipped. You can never get ahold of anyone either and now they are only open 3 days a week. I think everyone should get together and file a lawsuit on them to get all of our money back.

• Cb
      15th of Jul, 2008
    MAACS - Scam and cheating
    57 Ingersol Dr
    www.maacs.com

I ordered a full set of ABU's in Jan 08 for approx. $300.00. I received my boots about two weeks later but nothing else. I contacted MAACS in late Jan to check to status of my order but was unable to reach anyone by phone (I tried several times ~ and all v/m boxes were full). I finally received a call from Helen telling me that they were shipping my uniforms in a week. A week later I received my pants only. My shirt (with all sew on's ~ that I paid for), t-shirts and socks never received. I contacted Helen and she told me that there was a mistake and that she did not know when another shipment would be received. She gave me the option to cancel my order. I canceled my order in April. I have yet to receive my refund. I have opened 3 separate tickets and have received only one response from Allison requesting my order # (when I had it in my ticket) and then closed the ticket. I have opened a BBB complaint on them, but since they already have such a bad rating I doubt they care. They are thieves and I regret not researching before I made the mistake of ordering from them. I cannot believe that Allison can live with herself, knowing that she is steeling from military members on a daily basis. The only thing I can hope for is that the next person who is considering purchasing from them checks out this website. Best of luck if you have been screwed from this poor excuse of a vetran owned GSA contract holding company!

• St
      29th of Aug, 2008

The owners of maacs should go to jail for the way they have just simple stolen money from our serving troops. Allison is a liar and a theif. MAACS has raised the bar on bad customer service.

• Mr
      3rd of Sep, 2008

Just in case there is any doubt remaining... check out there BBB rating

• Je
      13th of Sep, 2008

Just like the others who were ripped off by this company, I was promised a refund 3 times (which never came). Then finally got the familiar email from Allison saying to have my credit card company reverse the charges. However, since I'd ordered it 8 months before they would not. Since then I have not heard word one from my emails and trying to use their "efficient" ticket system. This company is a complete scam. I hope others will heed the warnings before falling into this trap.

• Ti
      17th of Sep, 2008
    MAACS - No Refund
    maacs.com

Allison told me she was refunding my money by check on 14-Jul-08. I got back from my deployment and no check was there. She said she will research the check and get me the information. But guess what? You got it! Nothing! Since then her or Helen only respond, if at all, saying they do not know when I'll see my refund. Ok, why? I asked. The money was already allocated, cancel the old check and send a new one. So anyway, since I cannot get anywhere with them, I wrote to the State Attorney General of Maine and now have my complaint on record. I probed them recently for status and was told they expect to go to court in the next month. So far they have just over 80 complaints for this class action suit. My recommendation is for everyone with a complaint on this site to contact the Attorney General ASAP to get your's on record. Good luck!

• Rj
      19th of Sep, 2008
    MAACS - Bad Business
    Maine

Here's an update for all from my complaint I filed with the BBB of Maine.

MAACS has yet to respond, ever... after 3 electronic ticket complaints. In case no one else noticed, that server has been down for at least a week.

Response from the BBB of Maine:
    "We have written to the business two times on your behalf and we have failed to receive a response to your complaint. Unfortunately, BBB can not compel businesses to answer complaints. In these instances your complaint becomes a matter of record with BBB and is important in connection with investigations and answering inquiries about the business. It is possible that the business has adjusted this matter to your satisfaction after you filed the complaint. If it has we would appreciate it if you would let us know (click here).

If it has not, we strongly recommend that you pursue this matter by contacting the following agency for assistance:
    Maine Attorney General Consumer Protection Unit
    6 State House Station
    Augusta, ME 04333
    This is a State Government Agency

207-626-8849 or 800-436-2131 for the Consumer Mediation Service Department of the Attorney General. This division monitors the types of problems consumers are having around the state by providing free mediation and complaint resolution service to consumers who have a problem with businesses. It provides information on consumer protection laws as well as referring consumers to other appropriate agencies for assistance and enforcing the state's Unfair Trade Practices Act."

We have already submitted our complaint to the Maine State Attorney General (it's a simple form to download, complete and mail) and would love to see you all voice your complaint where it will make an impact and put a stop to MAACS unconscionable business practices directed at our active duty service men and women.

-RJL

• Re
      1st of Oct, 2008
    MAACS - rip off
    Military Accessories and Community Support
    57 Ingersoll Drive
    maacs.com

My husband order 1 pair of boots and 2 pairs of ABU trousers on 10 November 2007. We received the boots within about a month but have NEVER received the trousers ($45.00 each). It has now been 11 months. We have tried their online ticket system and it doesn't work. They conveniently never answer their phones, return calls or emails and they have never refunded our $90.00. I hope they go out of business. What a bunch of ###! I submitted a complaint to the Atty General's office in Maine and will follow up with JAG to see what we can do. What kind of people rip off military members and their families who are defending them? Steer clear of MAACS...they stink!

• Br
      28th of Nov, 2008
    MAACS - No product/No refund
    Maine

This company is by far the worst I have ever dealt with. They have essentially stolen almost $300.00 from me. They continually lie about the state of my refund. They refuse to return phone calls or emails. The owner of the company will not step out from behind the green curtain to own up to the mess that she calls a company. These people are criminals yet continue to operate as a seemingly legitimate business. I read these posts and, y story is 99.9% the same. I ordered...nothing came...I called...no information...I requested a refund...no money...lies...lies...more lies. This "company" needs to be shut down.