Maacs Inc / Refund Request

United States Review updated:

I placed an order with MAACS on 5 Apr 08 for 3 sets of the new Airman's Battle Uniform (order #mm-141515). MAACS immediately placed the full $447.40 charge on my card despite the fact that the ABUs were on back order and without advertising that fact. MAACS shipped the accessories for the ABU and noted on the shipping the receipt that the ABUs were on back order. On 25 Jul 08, I asked the company to cancel the unshipped balance of my order (3 ABU jackets and 3 ABU trousers--refund should be ~$250). On 4 Aug 08, Helen (MAACS customer service) emailed me confirming that a ticket had been opened in their database to address my request. Since Aug, I have periodically been emailing Alison McDonald with absolutely no response to my refund request. Likewise the MAACS ticket system indicates no action taken on my request. I'm in the midst of engaging the Office of the Attorney General of Maine to intercede. However, I'd like to give the Complaints Board an opportunity to resolve this.

Comments

To
  15th of Dec, 2008
I have had the same experience. I have kept all emails in regards to my order. I placed the order on 27 Nov 2007 and here we are on 15 Dec 2008 and still no refund. Helen Raby told me on a few opccasions that my name was on a list to have a refund check mailed to me and I would receive it within the next two weeks (that was 3 March 2008), I still have not received anything. Now she is telling me she has no idea when they will refund me and that I need to contact the owner, Allison McDonald. I have done that via email 4 times with no response. My next step is the better business bureau and calling my credit card company about the fraud sale.