Maaco / did not repair rust as stated

1 550 n. main stManchester, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 860-647-9928

I met with Ben, Mang/estimator. Ben qouted me $1028.30 to paint and repair a dent to the left quarter, repair rust and scratches to both rear qurters(fenders) and repair a gouge to the tail gate.

The paint job is not my complaint however the repair done to the rear fenders seems like it was done by a second grade class doing body work for the first time. No where in the qoute does it states that thge rust repair is only guaranty for 90 days. After checking with other body shops I was told that the filler that was used was of a very cheap quality and terefore the rust is comimg through the filler. I paid for the rust to be removed not for it to come back again after the 90 day conviniently so Maaco can suck more money out of me. I went back and was told by Ben that if I want the rust fixed it will cost me $ 300.00 per fender more. I dont think so. I would rather have a street mechanic work on the car at least I will no what I get. Dont have photo to submit but at your request if you contact me I will get them out to you. Ed Ruiz, tel# hm [protected] or cell# 916-0329

Ed

Comments

• Co
      4th of May, 2009

You went to the McDonalds of autobody shops. What did you expect?