Maaco in Cocoa Florida / Auto body repair work

317 Clearlake Rd, Cocoa, FL 32922, United States

Do not take your vehicles to the cocoa maaco shop unless you want the worst customer service from the manager, "vinny!" drive to melbourne and see chris.
I postponed having my elantra painted after going to the maaco's in cocoa on three different occasions and getting estimates from $900-1200 for the work. I didn't like the customer service and didn't feel confident of the results I would get from the cocoa store. So, I took it to chris at maaco's in melbourne and got an excellent paint job and a great warranty for less than I was quoted from the cocoa location. Chris is caring, gives you an honest, just and fair price and stands behind their work. He delivers excellent customer service.
A few months later my spouse accidentally backed her car out of our garage right into the elantra's front fender. We took her car to chris to have the right rear fender fixed. They did an outstanding job, mixed the paint perfectly and you couldn't even tell it had ever been repaired! Chris gave us a quote for the elantra and we said we would get it fixed later.
I was too weak from having major surgery recently so she took the car to the cocoa maaco's for us to get an estimate in may 2017. The price was very close to the price that chris in the melbourne's maaco's quoted us so we decided to let them do the work thinking we would get the same results. Were we so-o-o-o-o wrong!!!
If you don't mind being demeaned, devalued, and given terrible, rude and condescending customer service then go see vinny in cocoa. He is the best at being the worst and maintains a "I could not care less attitude!"
Vinny quoted us around $400 to fix the left front fender which was around the same price that chris had quoted us. When we went to pick up the car I noticed the spacing between the repaired left fender and the hood was still wider than the spacing between the right fender and hood. Also, the front edge of the fender was still overlapping the headlight cover. When I entered the store vinny was the first person I made eye contact with. He just looked at me and didn't greet me. The lady standing in front of him said hello to me. I replied then looked around the room for someone else to help me. I looked to my right where another employee was. He immediately got up and looked at me as if he would be the one to help me. I asked him to go to my car with me. I introduced myself to him then asked what his name was. He said, "chris." I first complimented the fender paint job and the ding was gone. Afterwards I pointed out my concerns with the alignment of the fender. When I was almost done the first person I had made eye contact with that didn't greet me as I entered came out and immediately started talking in a defensive, condescending and escalated tone. My attention and conversation now was focused on him. I first addressed his mannerism toward me and the car. I said, "you don't have to raise your voice!" is this how you want our conversation to go? My defusing tactic was not working on him. Obviously this is how is manages the customers there. I started over pointing out how the bumper was not lined up properly. Vinny became very defensive and as he spoke his voice continually became sharper and louder as he belittled me for not being grateful that they even agreed to work on my car! In my opinion his attitude and demeanor was defensive, non-empathetic while he maintained his stance of "what do you expect for that amount of money?" his attitude was like he did me a favor of knocking out a center bump and spot painting the front fender for just under four hundred dollars! (Little did he know that I had already received an estimate from chris in the melbourne maaco's for around the same price which would have been done perfectly. What really shocked me was when vinny said, "if you wanted a perfect job then you should have paid for a new fender! I had had enough at this point! I was doing all I could to not loose my temper with him. I replied,"so what you are telling me is that unless I pay for a new fender the job you do won't be perfect? The fender won't be lined up properly and will overlap the headlight?"as he abruptly walked away I said,"who is the manger here? Unfortunately it is him. Chris did his best to correct the spacing while we were there.
From my experience if you want to pay hundreds of dollars for collision and paint work and don't care about the results then go see vinny on clearlake rd.in cocoa.in my opinion and by the way he treated me his attitude is that he is doing you a favor by working on your car and you should accept whatever results you get! He'll interact with you in a rude, demeaning and condescending way. He is the worst of the worst!
Quite the opposite: the manager at the melbourne's location is chris. He is caring, gives you an honest, just and fair price and stands behind their work. He delivers excellent customer service.

Ml