M. Walter Roofing Co.Discriminatory Practice and Poor Customer Service

1 Review updated:

As requested, in May 2009, an estimator with M. Walter Roofing came out to my residence to appraise my house for a new roof. The estimator approached me while I was in my backyard. The estimator went to hand me his appraisal and I asked him how he was able to appraise the roof without going onto the actual roof. The estimator said they do not go on the roof when giving appraisals. I asked him how he would know what needed to be done without going on the roof. The estimator proceeded to tell me they do not go on the roof. The estimator tried to hand me the appraisal again. I told him I did not want the appraisal because it was not accurate.

As the estimator walked away toward his car parked in front of my house, he said we don't like doing business with "your kind" anyway.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Skokie, ILIt was very clear to me that he said that because I was black. As that point, I raised my voice at him and told him to get off my property.
As the estimator drove away, I immediately contacted M. Walter Roofing Co. I asked to speak to the owner. I informed the owner what had just happened and the specific comment their estimator made. From the tone of the owner's voice, it was clear that the owner was not interested in what I had to say. The owner tried to accuse me of saying something to provoke his estimator to speak to me that way. This is a family owned business and I'm pretty sure the owner is the father of the estimator that came to my house.
M. Walter Roofing has VERY POOR practices and customer service. If M. Walter Roofing does not want to do business with "my kind" they should stop hanging their flyer on doors in The United States of America.

Comments

Jul 20, 2009

I have no idea who the gentleman was in above comment. M Walter came to my house on the south side. The estimator was white and i had no issues whatsoever. They did a complete tear off and i was very satisfied with the work and price . I would recommend them to anyone .. white or black.