M/s Malaysia Airlines / misuse & theft from by check in baggage

1 India Review updated:

I traveled from guang zhou (can) to chennai (maa) via kuala lumpur by malaysia airlines on 10.08.08 along my 3 colleagues.

all our baggage where booked in the name of one of my colleague in guang zhou by malaysia airlines inspite of our request for a separate bookings. while collecting the baggage at chennai, malaysia airlines representative at airport informed us that my suitcase got damaged during handling and property irregularity report were made (attached).

While checking the goods in the suitcase, to my surprise I found at my new camera & apple I pod were missing. my suitcase was badly damaged on one side by using a knife or a blade. I suspect that some one would have trapped the items during in - transit at kuala lumpur airport.

difference in the baggage weight during booking and dispatch were noted by the malaysia airlines representatives at chennai. I lodged a complained with m/s malysia airlines based on the property irregularity report and I have no response as of now. they were only interested in doing the repair work for my bag and not bothered about my goods loss.

I am sending repeated mails and some times get response as "under investigation".

Comments

2nd of Feb, 2009

I have forwarded my Complaint to all authorities at Malaysian Airlines, but have still not recceived any feedback, forget expecting an Apology from Malaysian Airlines.

This mail is to express my Utmost Disgust & Dissatisfaction of your Services experienced on 22nd January 2009.
    This may seem to open up a Pandora of complaints, but in spite of being frequent flier with MH, this experience has been very unsatisfactory.
    We traveled on the 22nd January from Mumbai to Kuala Lumpur for a Conference at KL. The flight was MH 195 ETD 2355 hrs, Seats 32 J and 32 K and had the following concerns:

* There were quite a few mosquitoes in the cabin. Though the Stewardess brought us soothing balm from her personal possession for the mosquito bites, it did not quite help.
    * The condition of the Flight was poor with broken arms and scratched TV panels. This was brought to the notice of Senior Stewardess.
    * In spite of the Flight being very light, there was shortage of Non Vegetarian food and by the time the trolley reached us the food was over. We declined eating Vegetarian food and were served Bread rolls and Butter with some Salad only. Unfortunately we FOUND A STRAND OF HAIR in the butter and completely lost Appetite with the whole sequence of events.

We had a delegation of 47 Passengers traveling for the Conference booked by our Mumbai Office and were worried if they would be subjected to the same experience. During my last Conference to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, MH had lost the Baggage of 5 of our Delegates and this was the second bitter experience, faced by myself.
    Being in the MICE business, we do travel often with various number of Delegates, and such experiences deter us to suggest Malaysian Airlines to any of the trips from India.
    We have a Flight back on 28th January at 2005 hours and would certainly approach the Duty Officer to lodge our Complaint and feedback.

This experience certainly needs a serious view from the Higher Authorities at MH, since we feel that the Services are deteriorating day by day.

Hoping to hear from you on email
    Thanks and Regards

Tarun

6th of Jul, 2009

Hello buddy...same thing happened with me, , , can you send me the details of the authorities you complained..

Jaydip