M. J. Heckler & Assoc. / Unethical

4704 Harlan St Ste#670Denver CO, CO, United States
3.35
Phone: 303-433-9455
Recieved a call for a check for $23.56 from a very rude woman named Lavon. She claimedthat the firm would settle the case out of court for $500.00 or they would summons my wife to court, (which would cost us more) place this as an un-paid debt on her credit report for seven years, and enter a judgement against her. I tried to negotiate the ammount and asked for an itemized bill. Lavon stated that the firm was not required to do so. We had never recieved any notification from M.J. Heckler pryor to this date: 10/27/08. I then looked up C.R.S [protected] and in section 2A to find out they are entitled to (3) times the ammount of the face value of the check. I returned a call to the firm stating that I'd like to pay with a check-by-phone for $100.00. This payment was refused and I was told that if I didnt agree to pay $400.00 they would turn this over to their legal immediatly following this conversation. I contacted a lawyer and was advised to send payment of $100.00 pursuant to C.R.S [protected] to the original collector (Checkcare Systems Colorado Inc.) along with a cover letter. I sent copys to M.J. Heckler and Assoc, Dominoes Pizza, and my lawyer.