LYNDON PROPERTY INSURANCE COMPANY / GAP INSURANCE SCAM

1 14755 N OURTER FORTY RD STE 400, ST LOUIS MISSOURI, United States Review updated:
Phone: (800) 222-2721

We purchased a GAP policy with a local dealership for a 2006 Ford Focus. The vehicle was totaled in DEC 08. There was an extension on the vehicle for a month but that was it. Based on their policy of using an amortization calcuator and utilizing the lowest of the payment history versus what the bank paid off. Their policy is to utilize the lesser of the two. Which means with the bank using the NADA value of the vehicle for example: $10, 100 and your payoff is $11, 000. You would think the GAP would pay $900 off. WRONG!!! This company pays based on your payment history. That is all. Which means, they dont pay one cent to what is owed. So if you have purchased any GAP auto insurance from this company. YOU ARE BETTER OFF CANCELING AND GETTING YOUR $295 back or a portion of it. THEY DONT PAY!!! I had to also send all kinds of paperwork for nothing. They dont even go by what you send them.
This is how they make money and should be closed down because they serve no purpose.

Comments

• Lb
      5th of Mar, 2010

We signed up for the GAP and canceled and BANKSTON FORD FRISCO didn't cancel the insurance so we paid interest on the $312 on our loan for 6 months. BANKSTON FORD FRISCO only compensated us for the $312 and didn't compensate us for the other insurance their finance director scammed me into signing, but I did cancel within 30 days, but still not received a refund. The new finance director, Ryan McKey, at BANKSTON FORD FRISCO, told me that Lyndon Property is part of AutoNation. Check out AutoNation because you won't buy from a dealership that has been taken over by AutoNation. They are scam artists and teaching their finance directors how to scam you! Not to mention Ryan treated my wife with disrespect, and he's the one that is doing people wrong! I bought my new F250 pickup from another dealership that doesn't even handle all the additional coverages because they said it is a SCAM!!! Unfortunately we learned too late after BANKSTON FORD FRISCO and Ryan McKey treated us like we were trash.

• Li
      17th of Nov, 2017

I called Lyndon Gap about gap insurance and was speaking with a agent called Melvin he has a VERY smarts mouth is so smart that he could not help me in any form of a matter. I find my amusing with a company that does not like to pay for gap ins you never use. When I say to speak with another agent be began to argue with, I had to ask him if there was a problem, he stated no but was very rude and unprofessional with a customer on the phone, quote my name is Melvin I'm the only Melvin here, that's a good thing. I will continue to peruse this matter with talk with the ppl there ever again.