Lycatel.comCalling card cheats

K Review updated:

I just bought the Cobra Calling Card, from Lycatel of UK. I had a credit of 10 Pounds and 1600 minutes availlabe to INDIA MOBILES, I made a call for 3 minutes to INDIA mobile around 8 in the morning.

Around 10:30 AM again I tried to call India, I was told that I have only 16 pence left in my card.

This is crazy, these people are cheeting the people, please dont buy any of the LYCATEL Calling card ever from now.

Each and every one who buys the cards will have the same problems like this Please dont try LYCATEL Calling cards in UK.

Aug 19, 2009

I have been using Lycatalk, a product from Lycatel for nearly 3 years and i am very happy with it.
    its worth my money and has very good quality

if i need any help then their customer services sort it out ASAP.

Maybe you should try giving them a call and they would help you out.

lycatel products are far better than other telecom products

• T
      Aug 27, 2009

Hello, after reading your post I thought you might be interested in knowing more about our services. We - at Trueroots - are an international calling service to India and 200 other countries... We're known to offer great quality at very competitive rates!

You can find more information on our website : http://www.trueroots.us !

Hope you'll like it!

• G
      Sep 01, 2009

I bought a Roxy Calling Card which is part of the lycatel group and it was such a rip off. IT advertised as being 35 minutes. After dialling the number, literally after 30 seconds I was cut off. I thought it must be a bad card so called their India based customer services dept who said that they would refund the money within 24 hours. I went on holiday for 2 months and returned to use the card today and was told that I had £1.34 left on it! I called the customer services again and was told that there is 'daily maintenance charge' which they are not authorised to tell me the cost of! They then refused to tell me how much it was to actually call cuba with the 0207 access number. I must say, I wonder how that is even legal - false advertising, deception and not being upfront with customers about the price of a product! I certainly won't be using it again and would not encourage anyone to use cards from the Lycatel group. Contrary to one of the comments they won't help you out at all.

Nov 06, 2009

I bought a Roca phone card in Sewden to make a phone call for 400 minutes but, later on found out it was just a
    a cheat, rip off, companey .
    Please, people don't help these thief animals and not to bay thier card .

Nov 06, 2009

I use Calling cards all the time to call to my family and friends .
    2 days ago I bought a card from this company Lycatel.com for the first time and later on learned how they cheat and rip peaple off .
    Please, don't help them, don't buy thier card .

Nov 06, 2009

They are a rip off company and they have no customer service .
    Before you buy thier card try to phone them, you can hear only music .
    There is thief out there with different out looking, shame on you

Armand sevenson

Jan 13, 2010

i use cobra and have done for the last year, although the minutes are not truthful, the line is good. This week my usual 3 cards were bought, i rang the line and it was was dead so i tried again the same happened so i used the other card the same... the next... the same £15 gone! i cant afford to risk buying anymore. i used my other card that did have a pound or so on it and it worked fine. i rang customeer service and they are right you just get one ring then straight into music... if you have service like this its a shame, how many more no longer buy your cards ?will be a company soon to go down the pan if this is how we are treated or its the rubbish staff, not doing there job because its not there busness or money and dont care.

May 17, 2010

well, I used a dlobaltel card from lycatel and they told me it will last for 70 minutes when i call a mobile in morocco, and i'm verry satisfied with the sound quality and the time.

the only probleme I think lycatel should explain to ´customers, is, there are different cards for different destinations. also, you have to know is when you deal only one call then you have the claimed total time, but, if you try to make more calls, the, you run out from credits fast, each new dialed number costs 1 euro, so:

you can talk for 70min if you talked nonstop to the same number
    you can call 10min with same card if you deal 4 different calls

also, when you finish calling, just deal *#9 for making a new call, this costs less than if you hang the phone and ther strat from the begining.. so many tricks people must know.

we hate you...cheaters...

May 24, 2010

we are tired of you cheaters...

May 24, 2010

how can i buy a card when i can even use it... the number is bussy

you robe peoples

May 24, 2010

gonna tell all swedish authorites about you liers...

Sep 24, 2010

We have been Getting several Telemarketing Calls from Connect2world from India, they keep calling and calling day and night.

Finally, we signed up for $20 with my Visa card. They Promised that they will activate my service within 10 mins of time. It has been more than 25 Days, my service is not activated.

Moreover, today when i received my card statement, I was a bit shocked to see a $200 Charge by connect2world.

Now, when I called the customer care number: [protected], no one picked the call. I was more Surprised when a Person by the name of Maksud Received the Call and said that the order was placed for $200 by me. When I said no, he started Arguing with me and later he started abusing me in very bad words.

Finally, he said that he will block my service and make sure that I do not get my Money Back.

For my uttermost Surprise, I also had a talk with the Call Center owner and he was just laughing his hearts out.

I just want to aware all the Indians in USA and Canada, that please do not entertain any telemarketing calls from connect2world as this is my experience with them.

I have nothing more to say apart from making a complain to BBB and lets see what else I can do to them.

I did refer my friends to Maksud, I also need to check what He has done to my Friends.

Connect2world is a Fraud Company, so please beware of Scams.

• S
      Apr 01, 2013

Hi to everybody, please Note that LYCATEL means FRAUD I also been using it but they are a ### FRAUD you all innocent ppl would like to know how LYCATEL cheats?its so
    Once you buy card and you enjoy a good and reasonable call but when you try 2nd time you have to call many times but you can not get connected WHY? Coz this way you do many calls on a local # and these calls are in the benifit of a CHEATER LYCATEL CO. they tell you 5times more minutes than they give you. Many times you try to call but 3, 4 times when you try you will be connected once its very irritating I called help line [protected] there was a son of ### who passed my call to another one who never picked the call so my call was lingered to make money from my call I would like to tell all innocent customers that the owner of ### LYCATEL is a son of bloody ### so please be aware of this cheater and a son of Hot dirty pig
    I shall be gratefull to all users who will stop to use FRAUD LYCATEL untill He don't stop to cheat.
    Thankfully