Luxury Motors / Scam and cheating!

1 640 N. LaSalleChicago, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-8132495

I purchased a 2004 Land Rover Range Rover from Luxury Motors with the understanding that the radio was not working but there was a bumper to bumper manufacturer's warranty from Land Rover North America and servicing the radio would be covered.

I contacted a representative from Land Rover North America and once they ran the VIN they assured me that there was no warranty on that vehicle and they informed me that there was a Lemon Buy Back. I called Luxury Motors everyday and I wouldn't get a returned phone call from the salesman. Even the receptionist stop answering the phones and let voicemail pick up.

About a month later, I left a voicemail for the salesman and threatened to sue and they called me back maybe two weeks later and stated that their service department would fix the radio. They had my truck for 4 days and I had not heard back from them. I called the service dept and they stated that the vehicle had not been touched because it was not under warranty. They're the ones who told me to bring the vehicle in for servicing in the first place. I contacted the GM by email and he replied to me in 2 business days stating that he would investigate the matter.

I have not heard back from him. I got the BBB involved and they contacted the GM. In an email he stated that he was willing to fix the truck and still is and he told them to have me contact him directly. I have called this man more than I can count and still there's no reply. This was a $35, 000 purchase and I do not have a working radio. I priced how much the cost would be and it's about a $2500.00 job. Luxury Motors need to change they're names to Scam Artists Inc.

Va

Comments

Me
  13th of Jun, 2008

Unfortunately, I to have been scammed by Sleazymotors.com my problem was with there fraudulent lease tactics also with a 2004 Landover. I can sympathize with you unfortunately these sleaze balls are in business for only one reason to screw people. If it makes you feel better I have been creating post in every relevant website I can find warning people. I will not let up until I have cost them millions of dollars in new business.

Me
  18th of Jul, 2008

Luxury motors is in business for only one reason to scam the consumer I to have made a big mistake in dealing with these low lifes.

Do
  20th of Aug, 2008

I had a huge problem with luxury also. Was looking for a 04 audi a4 they had we open the car it smelled liek someone just ate a big mac in there. The passanger leather seat was messed up like, the leather wasnt soft but rock hard. Also the driver visor was broken, were the shifter is that the trim was broken. Also cup holders and air vents there was like this yellow stuff all over. The salesperson said o i got a detail guy that can fix it for u no prob "it aint my style to sell the car this way'. Not to mention the car didnt drive right like when you floor it no response we drove another audi from a different dealer and that thing flew.

Also they wanted 16995 with 35k miles salesperson said its got a warranty till 40 so audi can fix that engine prob for you, im like somethin doesnt seem right. We left he callede us back evryday saying o we can give u a better deal come quick someone plans on coming to buy it. We asked for a carfax report about 5 times they said yea yea well have it for you. Never did

finnaly the manager called me about the car saying o we can work out payments he started yelling at me on the phone that theres nothing wrong with the car i hung up on him in the middle of his yelling.

That place is the worst people to deal with should of never went there, that was the one in Orland Park, ILL. Be careful or just do not go there, that place is always up to something no good!

Ob
  14th of Oct, 2008

never buy a luxury car from a place that doesn't sell them. what they did is sent it to a land rover dealership and they told them the bill and they reniged on the deal because there was not enough profit in the vehicle to fix it other wise no profit no deal and also you paid a cheap price so you get what you pay for .