Luxury Locs / Dishonest and fraudulent

Phone: 888-712-1115

The mistake I made with April French and Luxury Locs was to trust them. I’d used the company 3 times before I figured it out, and I wish I had been smart enough to research LLocs before I bought. Initially, everything seemed OK, but last fall, I got straight hair when I’d ordered curly and didn’t have enough time to deal with it as I was going away. But more recently ... I ordered over the phone on Jan. 12, 2009. The FedEx tracking no. sent Jan. 16 did not exist. On Jan. 21, I got another tracking no. from USPS that also was fake. Talked with A. French. On Feb. 10, she sent an email saying: “So sorry for the delay. Your order will reach you this Friday ... there was a delay in customs (oh, please.) Will send the tracking info asap.” Order arrived Feb. 19 -- it was completely wrong. I told her I would be sending it back and expected LL would correct it. On Feb. 27, April French sent email, saying she would send correct order. On March 4, April wrote she would send new hair, but the “courier’s pick-up and drop-off schedule” may not be the same as LLocs (what the bleep does that even mean?) Sure enough, on March 5, she wrote that the courier had a delay (could see that one coming!) On March 6, she wrote that she would include an additional 8 oz. of hair in my order, for LL having inconvenienced me. She said if the hair is not in my hands by March 8, she would issue a full refund (lol).
Hair arrived March 12, exactly 2 months after I ordered it. It was wrong, yet again, and, of course, there was no additional hair, as promised. My bad. I didn’t send it back because I was sick of Lux. Locs and their scam. And, of course, every return is on the buyer. There’s a lot of dishonesty in this company. Initially they sound very organized and professional, but they lie, they give you phony tracking numbers, and they keep you on a string because -- guess what? -- they’ve got your money (no refunds!) and you want to believe they’re really trying to do the right thing. And you don’t want to lose that money. We work hard for our money, and LLocs is real happy to take it and not look back. Listen, I don’t know if these people are pathological or just plain liars. But I do know that the company is a rip-off and a fraud. I’m telling you, ladies, do not use this company.

Comments

• Re
      29th of May, 2009

Ms. Rene, I wanted to personally thank you for your excellent customer service . I did alot of research before making my first purchase from your company. I thought I had bookmarked your site, and decided to keep looking. The following day I went back to look for your site but could not find it. So, I googled you guys, I saw some complaints and immdiately though. Oh goodness, im glad I didnt make the purchase! I went on to read a few of the complaints and thought after reading them that most of them were neither here nor there. I could not imagine that the same person that had been so helpful, could actually so some of the things that were mentioned in these complaints. Long story short. I decied to at least hear your side of the story. You were very professional in addressing the allegations againt you guys. You did not downplay any of the complaints, but maintained that you and your co-workers always tried to work out issues with anyone who had a problem. I made my purchase based solely on my ability to see the truth. I ordered 4 pks of the indian natural straight and asked for 2nd day delivery. I was not asked to give out any credit card info, they sent me an email invoice. I received it promtly and paid for it promptly. I always had some form of communication through out my entire purchase. I am writing this review because I think it may be helpful for others who might see the complaints and write this company off. I am not a cheerleader for Luxury Locs, just a customer who had a pleasant experience with them . I understand the power of word of mouth it can be a positive as well as negative thing. My point is this. Do your research, but also keep in mind that no company is perfect everyone gets complaints. I think what convinced me to purchase even after seeing the reviwes were the honesty in which Ms. Renne addressed the issues. She did not make excuses, she simply stated the facts as she saw them and then asked me to look at the reviews on this site. She told me that they were not solicited nor could they be altered once posted. I am glad I listened with my head and my heart . I have been wearing the hair now for a little over 3mths now and am very pleased. Noone asked me to write this review . I did it because I wanted to let others know about my true experience. If anyone wants to email me about my true experience you may do so at : laurenc197450@yahoo.com Lauren Carson Houston, Texas

29th of May, 2009

That email along with lots of other positive reveiews are sent to us everyday. I did get permission from the customer before submitting this reveiw. This same review can also be seen on our webiste, where reviews are submitted everyday. Everyone deserves to be informed, but we also deserve the right to defend ourselves' Thanks, Ms. Conrad for your honest review. I posted this reveiw because she said I could and because she offered her contact information for anyone who had questions.

29th of May, 2009

This email is for caroline, you should at least let everyone know that you always paid for your order with a e-check... so your order would not go out until after the echeck cleared. Why would we send a product before the payment cleared? As for the delay, it was ligitamate one... it snowed in georgia! That is a rarity, and yes it slowed alot of things down. You were upset that your shipment was not moving as quickly as you would have liked... we did offer to reship more hair for you once you notified us that your complete order was not sent. But before we could do that, you initiated not one but 3 chargebacks againt us... 2 of which were for purchases that were over 6-9 motnh old... Paypal advised us to refund you immediately and even threw out your BOGUS CHARGBACKS! So, why would we send another 8oz, when you decied to do this to us. Ms. Coleman, yes I know who you are. You are the one being dishonset not us.

• Ra
      29th of May, 2009

I read the reviews and still decied to purchase. I had a good experience. The internet has become a really powerful force and as much as it can empower it can teasr down as well. Most of these compliants lack merit. Im not here to judge anyone but I am here to give my experience. I ordered from Luxury Locs a little over a montH ago. I did read a few reviews on another board. I asked the customer rep about the complaints and she was honest in how she dealt with the reviews. Anyone can leave a review, anyone can become disgrunteld, anyone can act out of mailce. I promised Renne that once I received my hair and had it in for a while that I would leave a comment. Im doing that right now. My experience was a pleasant one. I paid through PayPal, received a confirmation as well as notice once payment had been received. I received my tracking number and could not track it until the next day. I own my own small business and know how the system works. It arrived 4 days after I received my tracking number. All companies have problems, all companies makes mistakes. I do beileve that the ladies at Luxury Locs are honest and hard working. Renne admitted that they were understaffed and needed more help. Comon ladies lets be adults here, if you have a problem, take it to the person first before blasting them

Rachelle Thomas

• Sh
      29th of May, 2009

I too am a customer of Luxury Locs and have nothing to gain by submitting this reveiw. I dont know the owners, nor do I work for the company. I have been a customer though for the last five years. When I heard about this board and the other boards that had submitted complaints. I emailed some of my girfriends and asked them point blank, had they ever had an issue with this company. All but one could recall a time when every single order was perfect. I dont mean we didnt receive the correct order or was shorted. I mean simple human errors that occur with any company. Like receiving 16 inch when we ordered 18 inches, or receiving 7.5 oz, when we orderd 8oz... these are all simple honest mistakes. In the five years that I have been a customer. I have never been given a bogus tracking number. I been given an incorrect tracking number. But once I contacted them it was taken care of. It was as simple as pulling up the wrong number for my shipment. These types of things DO happen. More often then not, its an honest mistake.

To make claims that could very well effect the way someone lives is not fair. We all want to be treated fairly. These boards are not regulated, anyone can post anything about anyone and remain anonymous, how is that fair. I will gladly leave my REAL contact info for anyone who wants to speak to me. I will remain a loyal customer of Luxury Locs. I ask that for anyone else who may read the complaints to weigh both sides. There are always 2 sides to every story. Call them and ask them about their compaints. Im sure that Renne or April or whomever is there will address each and every issue honestly.

Thats my imput.

I also ask my fellow Luxury Locs customers, to come on and support April. She has never asked, but definitely deserves better then this.

sharon green
    wellington, co

• Li
      5th of Jun, 2009

It very odd that soon as cutomers make complaints about this company and then all of a sudden they get all this good reviews.I have to say it sounds fishy.I have a hair salon and I stop using her for my customers because of all the trouble and lies.It is very easy to get through if you are placing a order.but onces you pay it hard to talk to any one..my tracking numbers use to be wrong.they never ship out when they say.I use to get the wrong hair but after talking to some of other people on the black hair media board I was lucky to get any hair.but April lie, and people are getting very tried of spending they money and having the problems, it is just not right.So I belive what people are saying because I went through it first hand, it not nice and scary for me to collect customers money not knowing if they was going to get they hair..I am still waiting on a refund of $250 from 2 months ago.so I just letting ever one know so this does not happen to them..if you order you are talking a big risk of them being Dishonest, I have no reason to lie.I just dont want people to go through the same head trouble and get rip off it is not right.because April and Renee AT Luxury Locs "WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND LIE ABOUT GETTING YOUR HAIR!!

LISA

10th of Jun, 2009

Lisa, if you indeed did not get what you paid for an had trouble getting a refund. Then we apologize. Why and or how would we be able to convince or for that matter have customers leave positive reviews... if you had a negative experience, then we apologize, but at the same time many of our customers do have positve experiences. Thats a fact... we were notified by a number of our customers that their were compalints and we are doing our best to address these issues. We have nothing to gain by not delivering the product and keeping a customers money... we dont even process cards, we send invoices, customers never need to share any information with us, this was done as a security measure, so having said that, we dont have a way of keeping anyones money... if a customer does not recive the product in the promised timeframe, they have the right to request a refund from Google.. we have no way of denying the refund, this was all done to ensure our customers, that we have nothing to gain by not sending their product. Im sure that you have made up your mind, and we regret that we have lost you as a customer... but the fact remains that we do have alot of loyal customers, who are loya because we do deliver.

If you have not still received your refund. You are welcome to contact us anytime, we have no way of knowing who you are, as you did not leave a last name. Our customer Care dept, is always available... not just our sales dept.

Renne

• Li
      10th of Jun, 2009

Renne, you know for sure that is not true you guys use to take credit card information.people started complaining to they credit card company they did not get there item.So the credit card company had to do charge backs.that is when you guys HAD TO STOP taking people credit card information.so dont make it seem like it was a choice.I know a young lady name a think Jamie or something like that a while ago.I did not what to use her name just in case she is still there, but people need to know.has also confim this information she said her check bounced when she worked for you.and it was hard for her to get her money.whey do you guy do this to people it not right.so please do NOT share any more lies.When you call Customer care no one answer.place a order it right away.just to get your money.and she also told me you guys have calling ID so you know who is calling.if it some one you have took they money then you will not pick up THE PHONE.CUSTOMER OUT THERE YOU CHOOSE TO DO WHAT YOU LIKE.BUT LOOK ON BLACK HAIR MEDIA AND OTHER SITE.EVERY BODY IS NOT TELLING A LIE.YOUR HAIR WILL NOT BE THERE WHEN YOU ORDER.RENNE YOU CAN COUNTIUE TO GO BACK AND FORTH BUT YOU KNOW WHAT GOES ON OTHER THEY, AND THAT IS SAD THING I ALWAYS TRY TO SUPPORT BLACK BUSSINESS.BUT I GOT RIPED OFF.JUST LIKE THE REST OF THESE PEOPLE.WE ARE TRYING TO GET TOGETHER TO FILE A SUIT AGAINST .Luxury LOCS BECAUSE THIS IS WRONG.I HAVE NO REASON TO LIE.I JUST DONT NO ONE ELSE TO GO THROUGH WHAT I BEEN THROUGH IT WRONG.

• Mo
      17th of Jun, 2009

My names is Monca Young, I was also rip off.I payed for my order and payed for express shipping.I was suppose to get my hair the next day. I called them.no one put up.I waited the next day still no hair.I call and push the
    #1 button like if I was going to place a order.I talk to Renee, so said the it was a delay on pick up with are carry
    sevice pick up.So I said I understand she said I will for sure get it the next day.so thursday came.no hair was at my house.I called and called NO one pick up the phone.So I thinking they must have calling ID.so I called for my office phone.press the button to place a order some one got on right away.it was another lady.she said that she will take my message and have April or Renne call me.I waited the next day.NO HAIR NO CALL.So I called and she told me.that she will just give me a refund.I payed $330 for my order.I have been waiting for my refund for over a month.when I call either I get the run around or no one pick up.I see that ladies are getting together to file a law suit and I will love to be a part of it.because I have a email that I saved and it states how much I payed and a credit card statement that shows I never got a refund and I was charge $330.I am very mad and up set I work very hard for my money and it feels like some one stole money right out of my pocket.So ladies please beware.I know for some reason this company is not closed down they just keep ripping people off. they are getting away with it.I will not do no more internet order because of this.I see a couple of people above say they got there hair.I think it some one from the company writting those blogs.because I know for sure I did not get my money or hair and no one is returning my calls.I just like to say BEWARE!!DONT BE RIPPED OFF

• Ce
      13th of Sep, 2014

It has been a month since I ordered from luxurylocks and still have not received my merchandise. I've emailed them and said they would ship out Last week. Still no product. it's a Shame we cant trust our own people here in the states when there are terrorist that kill and brutalised us hard working americans, trying to make a living and be treated like ###.

• Kr
      2nd of Oct, 2014

I like most ladies ordered from Luxury Locks. I found their page on Instagram and placed my order and when I tried to inquire about my order... Mo response so I began to write comments to gain attention and they deleted ALL of my comments as well as blocked me from their page and reported me as abusive! I had to go through my daughters page to reach out to them and they have yet to refund the money they promised! They rep was VERY rude in the direct messages. They have now blocked my daughter's page as well! There is now a page dedicated to exposing them as frauds! I plan to take legal action against them

• Kr
      3rd of Oct, 2014

I am providing proof these people are A LIVING NIGHTMARE TO THE HONEST PAYING CUSTOMER WHO WANTS THEIR MONEY!