Luu P Thao Trang DDS / Charge without notice!

1 1030 Piedmont Rd # HSan Jose, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 408 929-5555

My wife stopped by at her office and gave her her dental insurance plan from Intel corp where she works, the next week I have an appointment from her to have an exam and xray taken to submit to insurance company to get OK. After the exam I walk out the room but she calls me back to the same room and do cleaning. She said I have 4 cleanings a year according to the plan which I have. During cleaning she also asks me if I want deep cleaning and of course I said yes if no charge. The next week she called my wife aid said she has to pay for the deep cleaning because insurance won't pay; the reason because last month I did have a deep cleaning with other and she demanded the payment if not she will send the claim to collecting agency.

Comments

• Tr
      26th of Feb, 2008

I am the dentist referred to in this complaint by Mr. Vo. It appears that Mr. Vo misrepresented the facts, and I want to set the records straight:

1. Mr. Vo first came to my office to request replacement of a broken crown. X-rays were taken to be submitted to his insurance company for payment pre-authorization.

2. Mr. Vo left the treatment room after the x-rays were taken, and I asked him to come back to exam the tooth with the broken crown. It was not for cleaning as he claimed.

3. During the exam , Mr. Vo specifically requested root planning treatment. I performed a periodontal exam and found that he indeed needed root planning. He insisted on getting the treatment that same day and received it.

4. Mr. Vo's insurance company informed me the following week that they had paid for root planning for him two months ago and would not pay for it again. He had conveniently failed to inform me about this during his visit when I asked him about his dental history.

5. At no time during his visit was Mr. Vo offered treatment "with no charge". Just as any other service provider, I expect Mr. Vo to be fully responsible for the treatment he had requested and received.

• Ng
      1st of Mar, 2008

Dr Trang Luu has been my family dentist for many years. My daughter and I feel very comfortable every time we come to her office because of her expertise and dedication. She always explains to us about the treatment we need as well as the charge for the service very clearly before she carries out any procedure.

In some cases, when the dentist needs some authorization in advance to the treament, she submits our Xray films to the authority and inform us once the treatment plan is approved.

I believe that Dr. Trang has always been a responsible and skillful doctor. This is why I strongly disagree with the negative and groundless complaint against her. The fact that Mr. Vo said he was offered the service for free itself doesn't make any sense.

I'd like take this opportunity to say thank you for Dr Trang' s service for my family . I hope she keeps up the good work like always.