Lustine Scion / A rip off

I recently bought a scion xb at Lustine Toyota in Woodbridge, VA. What a mistake!! I initially went in to see a used one after they tried to charge me $18, 000 for, a car that retails for $14, 000 brand new so we tried to leave.

They wouldn't let us and yelled at us in the showroom telling us that we had wasted there time. My husband almost hit the guy. I went back the next day to look at the new XB's after the GM called me and tried to reconcile the problem and they still tried to rip me off. Scion's have a set price. Not at Lustine they also told me that this offer was only valid that day. Oh my trade in also lost $1000 worth of value in 10 hours. Hmmmm

I bought the car anyway I really needed one but I should have went somewhere else. I got the Auto4Life what a mistake you have to get all of your service done there and an oil change costs$90. A 15, 000m service costs $198 and a 50k service is $398. What could you possibly do on a brand new car for that much money?

My first oil change also took 3 hours. I was livid and nobody even apologized even though they new I was waiting with the car.

Please don't go to this dealership, I love cars and I love buying a new car but this experience was truly horrible and it doesn't end here I'm stuck getting overpriced service for the next 5 years.

Va

Comments

• Mo
      22nd of Aug, 2008

The new 08/09 Xb's don't retail for $14, 000; Their MSRP price is $17k and Invoice around $16k for both
    - You probably mistook the price of the 2006 prior models for that of the 2008/09 models

I'm getting a Scion Xb 09' with Pioneer Player upgrade and Spoiler and I still got the price around 18, 000

• Si
      15th of Feb, 2012

I completely agree i went into lustine scion to test drive a 2011 scion Tc on this past Saturday. During the test drive i tried to turn on the radio and it wouldn't come on the sales man told me not to worry if i decided to purchase the car he would get someone to fix it right away. I really liked the car so i decided to purchase it, i sat down to complete all of the paper work and it finally came down to the financing the sales manager went back and forth with me about the monthly payments i made him an offer and he went to his office and came back. He then shook my hand and said congratulations we have a deal. After all of that i was so excited to drive a away in my new car, when i got to the service area my salesman had the car there with everything open for me to look at, during this time the.radio was playing however when i turned on the lights the display screen went black. I showed the problem to my sales man and he assured me it was something small probably just a fuse. I brought the car back in that Monday to get the situation fixed and it wasn't just a fuse after my two hour wait i was told that they had to kept there because they could not figure out what the problem was. The next morning which was yesterday i got a call saying they had to keep the car because it needed a part and would not be ready until Freida. Later that day i got a call at work from the sales manager saying, I'm sorry we couldn't find a bank to finance the car for you. So i was looked in the face and lied to when in reality this car was never mine in the first place. I am now heartbroken and i have to drive back to the dealership to pick up my original car, please do yourself a favor and stay away from this dealership