Lunar Pages / Buyer beware

Buyer Beware: If you're considering sigining up with Lunar Pages web hosting service, www.lunarpages.com, please read this first. LunarPages does not provide reliable customer service. They will remove your website from their hosting server - without notice -if your website generates too much traffic. When it comes time to cancel your account with LunarPages, it gets even more complicated. Our company had been a customer of web hosting by Lunar Pages for more than 2 years, and when it came time to cancel, Lunar Pages billing department will not respond to make it possible. Our company has requested in writing *seven* times - to no avail. LunarPages will continue to bill you even after you've completed your contract with them. So, beware. LunarPages, www.lunarpages.com, a Los Angeles-based web hosting company, is unreliable both in consistency in web hosting - they interrupt your website hosting when their servers traffic is too high or overheated - and their customer service is nearly non-existent. Look closey before you sign up with LunarPages. They are consistently inconsistent and unreliable.

Ja

Comments

• Ly
      5th of Apr, 2009

I'm trying to cancel my account now, after my site was down for 3 days. I moved to a dedicated server when my site got too much traffic. They promised the dedicated server would handle the traffic, but it took 3 days for my site to come back up, even on the dedicated server. Unhappy, I moved my site.

I called a week ago and talked to Sean, who promised my account would be canceled. I got a notice on Friday that they were getting ready to charge my account for another month, so I called back and talked to Clay (apparently a manager), who promised my account would be taken care of by the end of the day on Friday. This morning (Sunday) my account got charged, and I still don't have an email confirming cancellation of my account. Getting ready to file with the Better Business Bureau.

• Ex
      30th of Apr, 2009

Keep in mind that you can ALWAYS file a complaint with FTC. My wife did just that. After years have passed, they are sending automated notices on RENEWAL with a bill totalling over 160 dollars. We have asked them numerous times to stop sending these renewal notices to no avail. They are attempting to CHARGE the card we provided several years ago without prior approval from us of any kind.

File FTC complaints! Take an hour of your time and stop them in their own game!

• Al
      18th of May, 2009
    Lunar Pages - Beware from Lunarpages
    Lunar Pages
    lunarpages.com

I used simple Joomla content that have any extra module, and Lunarpages support team said to me this site exceed to CPU limits, i said and showed this page then they showed me another page and this page is more simple the joomla page, this page executes only one mysql query and display only one short line,
    And I think, they servers have very much problems or they inflict to us upgrade dedicated servers that are more expensive from basic hosting plan.

• Bo
      16th of Jun, 2009

Lunar Pages customer service hung up the phone on me after an hour of not being able to resolve a simple issue such as forwarding a page.

Extremely rude and unreliable, highly discourage anyone from using this Lunar Service hosting services. Beware!

• Sh
      22nd of Sep, 2010

This hosting service is extremely not acceptable. They fraudulently charged my credit card and refused to refund my money even though they admit the charge was not valid. They said “Let your credit card company handle it”. Customer service?

26th of Aug, 2014

The worse costumer server only second to Time Warner.

I was put on the support que for so long just to get to my email. I still have not heard from a support rep and I'm still holding. You want to confirm lousy service call the support line: 877-586-2772 Ask to speak to a customer service supervisor and let the good times roll.

• Do
      18th of Nov, 2014

I am a long time lunarpages customer. I resubscribed this past July for two more years. I have a shared server, the business version riding on linux. A week ago, they said one of my web sites was sending out more than 200 emails an hour. Lunarpages changed permissions so that it could not do that. I was fine with that. Emails from that site should all come to me. But I wasn't receiving any and there was none in any of the email accounts. None of the tools will show me how many emails, etc are going out. I get bandwidth numbers but they don't show anything.
    The next day, they said that this was the second time I had had a problem and they deactivated my account until I removed the offending script. They did not say what the previous problem was. There had been a problem where hackers were trying to get in through the joomla admin. We restricted the admin page to my ip address and that fixed the problem.
    I got a message Sunday that lunarpages was running a scan and they would get back with me. Here it is Tuesday and no getting back. I called several hours ago and it was recommended that I leave my phone number and they would call back. No call back. So, I added more info on ticket # 3385731 .I cannot get into my billing, my emails or my databases. I can't change vendors if I wanted to, because everything is very integrated into Lunarpages. My Google apps is tied in and will not work.
    Their support is m-f.
    My website and my accounting info and my data have been unavailable for over 7 days.

• Mi
      23rd of Nov, 2014

I, too, am a long time lunarpages customer. I resubscribed in September. On November 11 lunarpages moved servers. Since then, my Wordpress site has been slooooww. In fact all three have been slow- two wordpress sites, one concrete5 site. They have reasoned that my site was drawing too many resources, have had me digging through my plugins, installing new ones. Until now, I'd been able to reach a human by phone. Not since. Now I'm packing up and copying sites to a Hostgator account. Once they're up and running, I'm pulling the plug, and filing and FTC complaint.

• Gk
      14th of Jan, 2016

I have been a Lunarpages customer for about 10 years. On several occasions, they have contacted me to tell me my account was at risk of being suspended because I was receiving too many emails. I wasn't sure how that was possible since most of my email came to my gmail account, but I logged into my account and deleted a bunch of mail. I even added some kind of SPAM tool they told me to add. Then, there was the issue with my WordPress blog having too many comments. WHAT? My blog wasn't even that popular. They kept emailing me about that one for months until I just shut comments down completely. Things quieted down UNTIL I started writing for HuffPo. I hosted 1 image on a HuffPo article. Within hours, I get an email that said my account was suspended. No warning. No nothing. All of my websites were down. I'm on a shared hosting plan with 5 websites (all subdomains). I couldn't get in touch with them for hours (because I don't pay for dedicated support). Their response via email was sloooooooow. I was finally granted access to a portal site that would allow to me the fix the high resource issue. I went in and deleted a bunch of old files from websites I was no longer using from years ago. I even reduced the size of the image file that was supposedly causing problems by 90% and re-uploaded it. I sent them an email letting them know that was done. No response. I wait and wait. I finally call them (even though I don't get phone support) and demand I know what's going on. They go over the notes and say they will unsuspend. They do. But the sites all now have a 403 Forbidden error. THIS takes them 2 days to work on. They couldn't fix it. I hire a guy on Upwork who goes in an fixes it in less than 5 minutes. I'm convinced Lunarpages was messing with me.ABSOLUTELY convinced. I'm so done with them AND I'm filing a complaint with the FTC.

• To
      1st of Sep, 2016

STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

I was with a host called SBWH for 6 years that LunarPages ended up purchasing. I had agreements in place with SBWH to be a reseller of my dedicated server and get a 20% cut of all billing they made. This was a great arrangement for 6 years. After LunarPages purchased SBWH, they agreed to the same arrangement. After year 1 (I was paid at the end of the year with SBWH) they swore they would do accounting and get me a check. That never happened. I allowed the billing to continue for these 30+ clients on one server making $25 a month for their company expecting my referral commission so I can make a small profit and pay for the maintenance my team was doing on the server. That;s right, they didn't even handle the maintenance... so after year 2, I expected to be paid and was told over and over it would happen by their manager, Wayne Salvino. So after another 6 months I was done... 2 1/2 years of lies, no money paid to me ever and thousands paid to my team for maintenance, basically I lost my shirt. Wayne was recently fired and it went from lies to admission with the new guy Shawn who told me straight up. LunarPages will not honor any past agreement with me and they are keeping all the money made on the server. Plus, all my clients have now been moved to my new reseller server (I learned my lesson and am handling billing myself now since you can't trust companies like this) and have cancelled their plans. All 30+ clients were paying per quarter and Q4 just started. So, they asked for a prorated refund. LunarPages has refused to refund anything to these clients, saying that you must ask for a refund within 7 days of making a purchase. So, some clients that paid for a year are paying for 4+ months of service with them that they will never use. Like I said, stay away from this company, they are all crooks.

I won't even get into all the down time, email issues and horrible support. To me ethics is everything and they have NONE! STAY AWAY PLEASE!!! Do yourself a favor and find a more reputable and honest host. This was the worst business experience in my life and I have been doing digital production for 20+ years.