Luna vom Shepherdhaus/Marco Abea z Mirkova Chovu / Dog

16287 Harrison RoadNashville, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 6183279208

I purchased a german shepherd female out of stud Marco Abea z Mirkova Chovu from Cox German Shepherds Vom Shepherdhaus Kennels. The dog was advertised as " Excellent temperament, great with kids, suitable for show or breeding, Schutzhund, Personal Protection, or a loyal top companion. I was verbally told the dog could be returned if I was not happy with her. The dog I received is weak nerved, possesses no drive for prey, toy or food, afraid of kids, does not meet the breeding standard for temperament and has numerous confirmation faults. The breeder was contacted within 48 hours of purchase and numerous times after that to take the dog back and he refused. I have had the dog now for 4 months and there is no change in her behavior/temperament. The breeder ignores attempts at contact.

Comments

Mr
  2nd of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Dogs know when you do not want them or are dissapointed in them. Learn from this experiance and buy dogs from a breeder that has been reccomended to you. German Shepherds are very smart, and a soft natured dog like the one you have may lack in confidence - which can be worked with .
I own many german shepherds myself, and building confidence and showing a dog that you approve of them is very important.

Conformational faults do not seem to be the key anymore with German breed dogs ! The seigars that win are Roach backed, ugly neck carrage and horrible prancing gates.. just makes me sick !! I belive its a fad, and it has ruined the breed. Look for Old fashioned German shepherds, meet the parents and see for yourself what your dog is going to turn out to be .

I am sure a breed rescue would be happy to take your weak nerved dog and place him in a proper home. Good luck !!