LuminousBrites / Scam

1 3600 Ocean ViewGlendale, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-360-1477

In September 2008 I responded to an unsolicited email from www.iwinwhitening.com advertising a teeth whitening product. I ordered the product for $4.99 and it was sent to me.

In October 2008 the same account I used to purchase the whitening product was debited by the same company, www.iwinwhitening.com, for a larger supply of the product in the amount of $88.97.

I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THE COMPANY TO DEBIT MY ACCOUNT FOR ANY PRODUCT EXCEPT THE TEETH WHITENING PRODUCT AND GAVE NO ONE IN THE WORLD PERMISSION TO USE MY ACCOUNT FOR ANY PURCHASES WHATSOEVER AFTER THE ORIGINAL ORDER OF THE TEETH WHITENING PRODUCT PURCHASE.

Calling their office number: [protected] resulted in a conversation with a customer service person who told me that because I did not "cancel my membership" after the initial order they sent the subsequent larger order and billed me for it. He told me to send an email to support@luminousbrites.com requesting to be removed as a "member" and that I could take up the billing issue with the support person responding to me email.

I did not become a member of any sort with www.iwinwhitening.com or with "luminous brites" at any time that I am aware of. As of this writing, although I sent the requested email to support@luminousbrites.com I have not heard back from them

Ga

Comments

20th of Oct, 2008
    LuminousBrites - Account to be credited for dissatisfied product.

This company is a scam, they are using a tria/promotional offer to solicit business. I am requesting that my order is cancelled and that the amount of $88.97 is credited back to my checking account.I do not like or want the product.

MP.

• Ka
      28th of Oct, 2008

After trying the $4.99 trial supply, I was not happy with the product and wanted to return another supply that was mailed to me. I e-mailed the company to get an RMA number, but was told I called in too late to cancel and had to keep that supply and they would not refund my $88.97 that they took from my account. If the trial supply had arrived in a timely manner, there would have been enough time to cancel future shipments. What a scam!!! Be sure to tell your friends about this company and their deceitful business practice.

• Mi
      30th of Oct, 2008

They have charged my Credit Card for $88.97 without my knowledge. I called them and he was so smart with me he said you should of read the small print were it was sorta hidden. I am a senior citizen and can't always make out just what it says.

I know I should not have ordered it in the first place. But I need the little bit of money that i have to get by on. I did order the free trial size and they wanted a few dollars for postage and that is how they get everyones card number.

• Ca
      30th of Oct, 2008

I ordered a 4.99 charge for a sample and next month received and unauthorized charge on my card for a renewal, I have called my credit card company and authorized them not to pay any charges from this company now, or in the future.This is a scam and fradulent.

4th of Nov, 2008
    LuminousBrites - additional not agreed upon charges
    Phone: 18663601477
    LLuminousBrites.com

Agreed to a $4.95 trail. Was the sent an unagreed upon $88.97 one month supply. Cancel web site bogus.

LuminousBrites - Product unwanted
    22 Oldham Road
    Westborough
    Massachusetts
    Phone: 508-366-5361

I sent for a free trial of LuminousBrites tooth whitener, at $14.97. Now I have been sent a "continuing shipment" for 88.97, which I did not understand to be the case. This is a scam of which everyone should be aware before falling for it.

• Lu
    LuminousBrites - Not effective, only ordered sample
    3600 Ocean View @1
    Phone: 800-360- 91208
    LuminousBrites.com

Was not told that this was a commitment for a year...plus the product does not work. It's a real scam

• Lu
      4th of Nov, 2008

This is definitely a scam. I did not give them my credit card number and yet they were able to bill me for the sample.
    The product DOES NOT WORK and I do not want any further shipments. I am going to notify my credit card and tell them not to accept charges. Am mailing back the product that I received today which I did not ask for. How can they get a way with this?

L.Rogers, Texas

• Be
      5th of Nov, 2008

I ordered a trial size of this tooth whitening product online for $4.99 + $1.00 shipping. I received the trial size. Then 3 weeks later, my bank account was debited $88.97 for another month's worth of the product. I did not authorize this, nor do I want the additional product! Furthermore, I DO NOT EVEN HAVE THE ADDITIONAL MONTH'S PRODUCT, AND THEY ARE DEBITING MY ACCOUNT!! I called the Customer Service number included with the trial product and waited 30 minutes before my call was answered. Some Bill Thomas, with whom I finally spoke, instructed me to contact customer support by email, and this matter would be resolved and my money refunded. That was over 2 days ago, and I still have heard nothing. My next move will be to contact the State's Attorney General.

• De
      6th of Nov, 2008
    LuminousBrites - Scam to get money out of you!
    3600 Ocean View #2
    Phone: 866-360-1477
    LuminousBrites.com

I signed up online for a "free trial" bleach kit (dental) I agreed to pay 4.99 for shipping. NEVER did I agree to a continuity program to be shipped every month. I just received two more "vials" of bleach gel for a sum of $88.97!!! Totally a scam!

6th of Nov, 2008

they sent me a whitening kit I ordered for $4.99 plus $1.99 for shipping insurance. I received it and had a Family death and was out of town. I never opened the kit until I was notified on a piece of paper that I was to respond in 20 days. Well i was gone and didn't respond. Now I have been charged $88.97 for a kit I don't want. I guess I will have a friend open my mail for me. This is not what I wanted to come home to after a family loss. Thank goodness I did overdraft while I was out of town. I would like my money back and be canceled completey from their list. Thank You for your time.

• Fa
      8th of Nov, 2008

I have exactly the same problem this person I charge 88.97 dollars on my card is not that I want to know if I will have my money back

• Ar
      8th of Nov, 2008
    LuminousBrites - CHARGES NOT APPROVED OF
    LUMINOUSBRITES
    Sauk Village
    Illinois

I SENT FOR A TRAIL AND PAID FOR THAT, THEN I GOT BILLED FOR 89.00 WITHOUT MY APPROVAL. I WANT A FULL REFUND SENT TO MAY CHECKING ACCOUNT.

• Do
      9th of Nov, 2008

please contact the better business bureau on online at www.betterbusiness bureau.com and complain about this company . and also notify your credit card imediately and tell them you want to put a stop payment on the charge to your account. this company MUST BE STOP .this is a big scam and we need for these crooks to be put out of business.

• Pa
      10th of Nov, 2008
    LuminousBrites - RETURNS

I have been ripped off to . They took out the 4.99&the1.00 and then a couple of weeks later there was a charge for 88.97 that I did not ok. when I called them they said I had not called to cancel my order

• Wi
      10th of Nov, 2008

As a seniosr citizen I can't afford this charge. It did not briten my teeth

• Ke
      11th of Nov, 2008
    LuminousBrites - unauthorized charge to my bank
    3600 Oceanview #2
    Colorado
    Phone: 414-350-3817
    LuminousBrite.com

I ordered a sample of the tooth whitening kit that was free and I was to pay 4.99 for shipping and handling. I received it but was later charged 88.97 for someting that I didn't ask for. so far i'm having difficulty getting my money back

11th of Nov, 2008

I would like you to refund $88.97 to my credit card ending in 5918 . I called and cancelled this a long time ago so I don't know why it wasn't taken care of so if you could refund this as soon as possible I would appreciate it. Because of this charge of $88.97 my credit card company charged me a $30.oo over limit fee. So please try to fix this as soon as possible. Thank you Anita Holmes

• Ra
    LuminousBrites - Unauthorized Payment
    LuminousBites
    3600 Ocean View #2
    Phone: 1 (866) 360-1477
    support@luminousbrites.com

I did not at any time authorize no one to take money out of my account. I would appreciate it if you all would put my $88.97 back into my account as soon as possible. Also discontinue my membership please that you have put me in. That is all I want done. Thank You.

13th of Nov, 2008

They did the same thing to me and I called and e-mailed October 4, 2008 on how to return their product and cancel everything. So far I have never heard from anyone. My bank alerted me that on November 12 they back dated a credit card and took $88.97 which also overdrew my account. I am very unhappy because I never authorized that company to use my card. I also would like to know what company checked into this product before they let out my e-mail address. Possible we should get together and talk to the states attorney because I think this is considered fraude.