Luminous Brites. com / unauthorized membership

1 Glendale, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-360-1477

I ordered Crest whitening gel on 10/21/08 for $4.99 to be sent to me. I never received it by mail. My bank account was charged for the $4.99. I wrote you an email after I filled out the FREE whitening gel and gave you my bank account number and told you that I wanted to know why you first asked for my billing information and at the end, stated I needed to buy two other things. I felt this was dishonest and to charge someone for something that is FREE and then expect them to buy two other things. I asked you to refund the money to my bank debit account immediately or I would report you to the better business bureau. You did refund the $4.99 to my account.

on 12/8/08, I saw an $88.97 charge to my bank statement for the whitening gel (again which I never rec'd). I called the 1-866 number and spoke with a rude man named Ray Barretto, explaining my situation. He said he would cancel my membership. I told him I never agreed to a membership, only the $4.99 Free whitening gel and the charge was for shipping and handling. He told me to email the support @luminous brite.com which I did yesterday. He also told me I would probably not get the $89.87 back.

I went to my bank yesterday and they told me once it cleared my bank account, which it did today, to go back and file a grievance. I will be doing that today. The manager looked at all the information submitted to you from me and your correspondence and she said you are dishonest and she will be filing the grievance today. I did not authorize you to deduct $89.97 from my account, only the $4.99 plus $1.00 for Insurance. But I never got the prouduct so I should owe you NOTHING.

Please credit my account back the $89.97 as I did not authorize you to do this.
Valerie Goodale

Comments

• Bi
      11th of Dec, 2008
    Luminous Brites. com - Scam - unauthorized charges
    Luminous Brites
    Glendale
    California
    Phone: 1-866-360-1477
    Luminousbrites.com

Offers free samples. asks for CC info for $4.99 shipping.

Then without approval charges of$88.97 appears.

Further no product and no answer.

Suggest press criminal charges.

12th of Dec, 2008

i ordered a crest whitening on october 21st for $ 4.99. i got that pack after 1 week .On 12/07/08 i was charged $ 88.97 without my authorization. please send my money back to my account . if you didn send my refund i will take further steps to get my money.

• Gc
      27th of Dec, 2008

I got a charge for $88.97 on my credit card. I never ordered this! I paid for a trial sample which was 0, but was charged $4.99 for S&H which I was aware of, but not this!
    All of a sudden I got 2 packages of this stuff in the mail, which is going to be returned. I called lumious brites and he said I would get my money back. I am calling my credit card too to put a dispute to this charge as well.
    I should have known, "nothing is free".

• Ni
      14th of Jan, 2009

sgsgknsnsvssnr

• Ni
      14th of Jan, 2009

My name is Nikita Smith, I ordered the luminous for 4.99 and one dollar shipping and handling, I did'nt give any one permission to take any more money out of my account.I have five kids and no money to give away.Yes I know nothing is free but the company need to explane themself better.PLEASE reture my money to my account A.S.A.P.I would appreciate it.

• Ke
      23rd of Jan, 2009

Hello Luminous Brites, first I wont to thank you for the free trial kit; but I did not read the fine print about after 20 days you automatically charged my account $88.97. I've received 2 more kits that I have not opened. If I could return the 2 kits could I obtain a refund please? Thank you for your help.

• Ar
      27th of Jan, 2009

Hi there...
    I was asked to e-mail this to explain why I still got charged in the amount of $88.97 paid to your company, on my bank account, dated January 14th, 2009.
    My order was cancelled as of November.
    So, would you kindly e-mail back to here, with your verification of cancellation?
    That I would need to show to my bank. Thank you for your cooperation and time.

Sincerely yours,

Arthur H. Jones (zip code: 34983)

• Ne
      21st of Feb, 2009

SCAM - LUMINOUS BRITE
    THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THEM FROM CHARGING YOUR ACCOUNT IS TO CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARD. THEY WILL KEEP CHARGING YOUR ACCOUNT EVEN AFTER A CONFIRMATION CANCELLATION EMAIL FROM THE COMPANY. TAKE MY ADVICE CANCEL ALL ACCOUNTS OR CREDIT CARDS THAT THEY HAVE ACCESS TO.