Luminous Brites / Fraud

CA, United States Review updated:

I never knowingly authoritzed this company to charge my account $88.97 like they did, I truly never read the terms and conditions that I will in the future. These people at the 800 customer service line are rude ignorant people who do not care. I filed a dispute with my credit card company. Too bad we have companies like this since now I will no longer order on the internet from companies. I will stick with Amazon for everything.

Comments

Mj
  10th of Oct, 2008

Glendale, CA 9208
Phone: 800-360-1477
LuminousBrites.com

I only order the sample supply, I've received two packages. I went to their web site (www.LuminousBrites.com/cancel) and it doen't come
up. It states you can visit their web site 7 days a week.
I will send the product back and have them credit my
card, if I can get ahold of them. What a scam.
Ba
  11th of Oct, 2008

luminous brites
Phone: 866-440-7533
support@luminousbrites.com

This company did not allow me to cancel my subscription within the 20 days which was supposed to be the amount of time i was given . I was promised the product within 3-5 days it was 10 days later that it was delivered and then they still had the nerve to deduct 88.97 from my bank account without giving me ample time to try the product. And their website is not available. Being that it is a weekend i now have to wait till monday to call and dispute this which probably will be the wrong number also.
Ly
  12th of Oct, 2008
I agree emphatically with the last complaint. They waited until the 21st day and charged me almost 90.00 for something I did not want! They say you have 20 days from shipping, but it took me 5 days to receive the product. It is definitely not worth the money. I am going to try to get a refund on the 90.00, but will definitely cancel. They don't tell you it doesn't work on porcelins or crowns. It isn't even a bargain at $4.99. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to call and they will undoubtedly say it's too late. Thanks a bunch LuminousBrites for ripping me off.
An
  13th of Oct, 2008
I agree . I have been having a terrible time dealing with this company.
The web page I used to sign up for the "free" trial had a line saying
that I would be signed up for monthly shipments unless I cancelled.
THIS INFORMATION WAS ONLY VISIBLE IF YOU CLICKED ON THE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS LINK.

Unfortunately, I had clicked that quickly and didn't see it.
I've only gotten rude and unprofessional responses by phone and
email.

I WOULD NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN. ALSO,
ON MY BANK STATEMENT, IT IS LINKED TO COLONEX700.
  14th of Oct, 2008
I ordered the 14 day trial, but did NOT see anything about having to cancel. I see a charge for 88.97 on my credit card. I have called and emailed several time and cannot get a response. After several emails without a response I called the 1-866 number. The people I have talked to keep telling me I MUST email. I tell them that I will not email because I do not get a response. They put me on hold and then disconnect the call. This has happened several times. Any suggestions on how to get thru to these people? Has anyone ever gotten their money back?
Ca
  14th of Oct, 2008
I Signed up to receive a free trial of their product and was unable to get to anyone to cancel any further shipments and was sent a 30 day supply for $88.97 which I don't want and will be returning but have been charged for.
Re
  15th of Oct, 2008
I was also charged $88.97 which I did not authorize. I didn't know it was an automatic delivery service. This caused my bank account to over draw which cost me a fortune and I'm on unemployment. Now I can't get hold of anyone to get this money back. I have to go to the bank a file a unauthorized charge. I will never buy any of their products again. Cusomers BEWARE.
Re
  15th of Oct, 2008
How do you get your money back? There is no e-mail address that is valaid and nobody to talk to in person @ 866-360-1477
Sm

Luminous Brites - misleading advertisement
luminous brites
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania

no where in trial product advertisement was there a 20 day return and cancel policy noted.was not informed of an automatic 30day plan enrollment.. also before any 20 day period was up an automatic 2nd delivery and charge to my account from the shipping use of a credit card was utilized. also cannot access the 24 hr cancel site as they advertise. apparently from the looks of their site now, i am not alone.
Ka
  15th of Oct, 2008
Good luck returning the unwanted product! I am in the process of trying to get a return authorization number which needs to be done within 15 days. The only thing they are willing to do is let me keep the product that was shipped to me and charge me half less the shipping and the handling. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and suggest you do the same. When I called the 866 number, I was treated totally rude by a man named Donny Blair. When I asked to speak to his supervisor, he said he WAS the floor supervisor. He advised me to send an e-mail to the company about his rudeness. Wow!
Ty

GlendaleLuminous
Phone: 866-360-1477
LuminousBrites.com

I never agreed for this company tocintinually withdraw money from my chekcing account without my permission. I received a shipment, have returned it, and has repeatedly tried to call/visit website to cancel, to no avail. When I call, I am put on hold for hours, and hours, no one ever answers the phone. I feel this company is fraudalent and is stealing money from me and more than likely others. I want my money back as soon as possible.
  16th of Oct, 2008
I am in the same boat as the rest of you. I cannot get a response. They put me on hold and then disconnect the call. I'd like to know if anyone has gotten their money back. I am keeping track of all the calls and emails that I don't get a response.
Va
  16th of Oct, 2008
I tried their sample and was not pleased as the reviews I see above. I didn't even know about the monthly charge until it appeared on my account. I did get thru to get the account cancelled, but I'm probably out the $88.97. Who do they think can afford this junk at this price every month??!! I was not satisfied with the product and have returned to using my CREST WHITE STRIPS. They provided as good as any, and they were half the price. I emailed the Billing Department:
support@luminousbrites.com and told them of my displeasure with their product and that their product left a very bad taste in my mouth which only had to do with this nasty $88.97 charge, not so much the product. Someone should do something about this crap and they way some companies chose to do business. Let's all speak up and see where that gets them!!
Ka

Luminous Brites - scam, charges unauthorized to credit cards
Glendale
Phone: 866 360 1477

This company relies on pulling people in with a free sample then charges people's credit cards if they don't cancel right away. They charge $88.97 for a tiny little bit of tooth whitening supplies. They do this because obviously their product is not good enough to market it in an honest way. They put conditions in fine print as they know most people don't read the whole agreements. Even if you don't like the product they say you can't return it, and you are stuck with the bill. This is pure fraudulent, deliberately deceptive marketing. Beware honest, good people. These people are scammers.
Ju
  17th of Oct, 2008
everything is true i canceled my trial before the 20 days and i called again cause i saw a payment for 88.97 made to this company which made me go negative in my account and the bank charged me for it too i call back again and this guy who was half asleep answered and when i called it was a lady and i told the guy this lady had cancelled my order and hes like there is no lady here???? what the hell so there people are playing jokes or something i sent the company an email like they told me to, to get back my money. lets see how it works out the stupid paste didnt even work!!!
Ch
  17th of Oct, 2008
yes, i was ripped off as well!!!
i didn't even receive the free trial! they say i have and there was nothing i could do!
larry at ext 1104 had the nerve to tell me that life was unfair & to pretty much deal with it!!!
i told him he was right life must be unfair since he has such a crappy job working with a company that ripps people of daily!!!
i will get my money back & will also notify the authorities about this shaddy company!
  17th of Oct, 2008
I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I suggest you all do the same, the more complaints they get the more they will be forced to do SOMETHING!
Am
  17th of Oct, 2008
It was a complete rip off! Since I could not get to them by phone, I e-mailed them on the 20th day but they still charged me with the $88.97. Their refund policy says that we must return the product with a RMA number for a full refund. So I e-mailed them asking to give me an assigned RMA number. They refuse to give it to me and told me to settle for only HALF a refund back. I don't think they would even really refund me. I e-mailed them again, demanding for the RMA number so I can get my FULL refund... I still have not received a reply.
Ke
  18th of Oct, 2008
They gave me a website to cancel shipments and the website could not be found.
  19th of Oct, 2008
I agree with the person complaining. I ordered and received the free trail. Approximately 30 days after I received the free trail materials, I received an envelope with two more vials of the whitening gel and a note saying that I had signed up to continue to receive this...and that it was going to cost me $88 per 30 days.

I went to the web site and after perusing for some period of time did find the information that I had 20 days from shipment of materials to cancel or I would continue to receive the product. I did not find a statement of the cost on the web site.

It was difficult to find where to cancel. I finally went back to the information that was in the packet with the additional products and used the exact address and was able to get to the cancellation page.
It is www.LuminousBrites.com/cancel

I realize that I was fooled into having to pay an additional $88 because I did not read the fine print so will accept that as my error...BUT and I emailed the company this...I would NEVER recommend this product even if if worked...because of their dispiciable marketing tactics.