Luminous Brights / The loophole... tell them you are unsatisfied and want an RMA number

1 Glendale, CA, United States Review updated:

I've been going through trying to get this return since 12/16/08 and finally have succeeded in receiving the required "RMA" (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number in order to return it. I sent an e-mail almost everyday to support@luminousbrights.com, but they kept sending me back "template" e-mails, stating that I wouldn't have been charged if I read the agreement and cancelled... blah, blah, blah. I was trying to return it based on their Satisfaction Guarantee. They say they guarantee satisfaction on ALL shipments as long as you obtain an RMA number within 15-days of the original ship date.

I had been requesting this number, they require according to their terms and conditions, and they kept answering my responses with answers to questions I never asked. Finally, I had a friend, who got scammed into this same thing, give me another e-mail that he received a reply from and was having more luck with, so I cc'd this one in;

support1@genixmarketing.com

Then I started getting replies back almost instantly, while they were the template replies again, I finally got the guy, who started putting his name at the end of his e-mails (Rick James), to understand that I did read the agreement and that I was unsatisfied with the product and wanted to return it based on their satisfaction guarantee. He wanted to give me back $34.99 and let me keep the product, but I didn't want to keep it, I was unsatisfied and wanted to return it for the full refund of $79.98 (this is the cost minus the $8.99 shipping and handling. I also think this guy needs a calculator, because he was telling me that the $34.99 was half the cost back to me.

So, finally, after I stated I would be happy to drop the product back to their warehouse personally, since I live very close to Glendale, he supplied me with a RMA number. I am on my way to the post office to send it back. I'm getting a tracking number and a return receipt to confirm delivery. Now, lets just see if they give me the money back...

Ja

Comments

Ke
  17th of Nov, 2008
Luminous Brights
3600 Ocean View #2
Glendale
Phone: 866-360-1477
luminousBrites.com

They offer a free sample and all you have to do is pay for shipping. They turned around and charged a $88.97 charge to my credit card for a month supply. No where during the ordering process were you informed to read the Term and Conditions on their website. This is a total scam and misleading the public. Their customer service department will not direct you to talk to anyone, they just give you an email address to contact customer support. This company are robbing people blind and giving a product that is not even close to being worth $88.97. I work in the dental field and I KNOW IT DOES NOT COST $88.97 for one tube! What a rip off! This company needs to stop!

Fa
  21st of Nov, 2008

charged my checking account over $88 unauthorized

Li
  25th of Nov, 2008

I called the company and did get the whole thing cancelled but have e-mailed the support address, which I was told to do, to get a refund. No response and at this point they probably will not respond. I was told they would respond right away, it is 3-days later and no response. I will tell everyone I know to be very careful about trying any free trials on the internet. Most people I know cannot afford this type of scam (neither can I).

Ma
  25th of Nov, 2008

I tried the free trial offer but now cannot find the link to cancel it before the monthly supply charge! How did you go about cancelling this?

Ke
  1st of Dec, 2008

I ordered the free trial and like everyone else got charged a monthly fee which I did not see under the terms and conditions. When my next shipment came in I tried to cancel it but it must be returned within 15 days of getting it and they send it 4th class. You have to get a special number to return it through the support via e-mail. They say they will send you the number in 24 hours but they don't. Then you are over the 15 days and can't get your money back. I did cancel the subscription but only after getting scammed over 90 dollars. I plan to report this company to the BBB.

Lo
  2nd of Dec, 2008

I am in the same situation. I have just been charged almost 90 dollars for a product I did not order. How can I cancel my subscription? Does anybody know of a telephone number that I contact to complain about this and get my money returned? Also, do credit cards have some kind of insurance to account for this type of fraud?

Na
  3rd of Dec, 2008

I ordered this product and have not had a chance to use it yet because of a cut on my gums. I do however heave the link to cancel. It is www.LuminousBrites.com/cancel. I cancelled mine today and printed the page for my records. Hopefully I won't get charged like everyone else but I hope that the link helpf for those who need to cancel.

Ma
  9th of Dec, 2008

The phone number I have for them is 1-866-360-1477. I requested an refund thru email tonite but doesn't sound like I will get one.

Ch
  9th of Dec, 2008

Charged my credit card $88.00 without authorization. Customer service rep said I could return it as long as I contacted their b illing department- the billing dept. only communicates via e-mail and hasnt answered my question- it has been 2 weeks. Everytime I call it is either busy or someone doesn't pick up- extremely sketchy operation they have going. DO NOT DO BUISINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

Ac
  31st of Dec, 2008

I called them and they sent me some user agreement link which I never saw when I paid for the trial thing. Then they talked about 20 activation days after which I should have called to cancel. Their email is support@luminousbrites.com. They should get su4ed. because of them I have two overdraft fees

Fl
  13th of Jan, 2009

I have been going through the same problems. We have called and been told we have to email support. I finally in yesterdays email gave them 48 hours to get me an RMA before I file complaints with both State and Federal agencies. They have 24 hours left. What email did you use to finally get Rick James to reply?

Anyone reading this stay as you can see stay away from this company.

Wa
  21st of Jan, 2009

This company also represents a product called Colonaid700. Same scenario. I have already complained to the Attorney Generals office in California. I have also threatened to go to the United States Postal Service, The Federal Trade Commission and the Better Business Bureau. Also to [redacted] on the web. If the post office takes your complaint seriously, they are in deep trouble. That could be mail fraud.

I encourage you to do the same. The more voices, and th louder it gets will bring more results.

Kd
  26th of Jan, 2009

Like everyone else, I either missed the fine print or it wasn't there at all. I received my trial and did not cancel within 15 days. I called the number to cancel and before I received my 1st shipment I was emailing them to get an RMA to return it. Once I received it, I never even opened the package.

You can cancel your membership easily enough by calling a toll-free number, but they WILL not give you an RMA unless you request it through email. This is where the games begin. They don't reply to emails unless you email them NUMEROUS times. They don't address your request-they always try to tellyou that you didn't cancel in time, even after I copied and pasted the section from their own web site detailing how there is a money-back guarantee if you return any shipment within 20 days.

As of today, I've sucessfully cancelled (I hope) my membership and the auto ship program, was FINALLY issued an RMA, sent the product back, and they've now had it back 11 days with no refund to my debit card. I' ve emailed numerous times-at least 5 different times on 5 different days-asking about my refund. The very 1st email was answered with them saying, "We'll give you a refund once we receive the product back."-this even after I had put in the inital email that I had mailed the product back and had tracked it as being delivered on January 15th. No reply at all since that time.

I've begun a complaint with the Internet Crimes divison of the Federal Govt. and have filed a complaint with the BBB of Southern California-the BBB is VERY familiar with this company and their tactics. I understand that none of this is going to influence them, and I may end up not getting my $88.97 back. But I will continue emailing them and with each passing day, I'll find a new way to complain to every authority I can find who'll take it. They are going to work for my money!

Ro
  5th of Feb, 2009

My credit card was charged twice before I ever received anything, and before I noticed the charges, of course.

I've tried to dispute the charges with Chase Visa: explaining that I had not received any product, nor ordered any product. They asked if I had called the company. I pointed out that I didn't even know the name of the company (on the charge it was listed as Teeth Whitening) because I had not ordered or received anything.

I was informed that the matter was out of their hands: first because the office (Luminous) was closed when they (Visa) tried to call (yes, you read that right); and then because the company is one of their merchants and they can't dispute charges with their merchants. So, apparently, the company is aware that Visa (Chase, at least) will fully support their fraud.

I tried to get clever. I called Chase and told them I lost my card. They cancelled that card and issued me a new one. I have not yet seen that card. I logged into my account today to find that I do, in fact, have a new card number, and it has one charge on it: Luminous Brights. So not only is Visa supporting the fraud, they are participating by handing out my card number.

Li
  9th of Feb, 2009
luminous brights
Santa Clarita
California

I have retutned the product and several of their associates have told me that they have recived the product on December 04, 2008, but they will not refund my money!!!

Dr
  21st of Mar, 2009
Luminous Brights
North Carolina

I also tried to contact their support web address and got no answer I do beleive they are a scam. They send you one envelope for the intial $4.95 then a few weeks later send you another and charge you $88. When I returned the package I never heard from them again and fortunately, they didn't send anymore.