Lumiere Restaurant - Vancouver / Horrible service!

While on vacation in Vancouver, we went to Lumiere Restaurant for dinner.

We planned to make the dinner our evening affair; however, we did not plan to spend three hours and be tortured through dinner.

Our server was responsible for a large party; our meals seemed to come after the large party was served.

The service was slow; the food was not that good; the portions were a joke. I went from being hungry, to being frustrated, to just wanting to leave. By the time the main course came, I could not eat it; not because I was not hungry, I had gone passed the point of hunger.

The cost per person was $125.00 and I decided to wait it out so my boyfriend could finish his meal, to our surprise, he did not receive one of the entrees. By the time dessert arrived, we did not want it; we just wanted to leave. We paid, tipped (which we probably should not have!) and left. For $425.00, we should have received a much better experience.

What a horrible memory of Vancouver! This restaurant had been highly recommended by Frommer's website and I will make sure to log my dissatisfaction there, too.

Va

Comments

• To
      19th of Aug, 2009
    Lumiere Restaurant - Terrible memories
    Lumiere Restaurant
    lumiererestaurant.com

I was on a vacation with my wife. We decided to go to Vancouver as we had never gone there before and our friends had gone there recently and they had a real good time. We were at a pretty good hotel. One evening we decided to go to this place called Lumiere, for dinner. We had a terrible time there. The waiter who was waiting on our table was also responsible for a small gathering in the restaurant. He would serve us only after he was done with the little party going on. The service was really slow. The food wasn't all that good either. The quantity was terrible. I was so angry and frustrated by the time the main course came I was not hungry anymore. I was very disappointed. I wish I had asked my friends where they ate so that I too could take back home only good memories of Vancouver. What a ghastly memory of Vancouver!

• Va
      10th of May, 2012

Lumiere is a great place to eat, the portions are a standard size, (in the US you tend to eat large amounts of very poor quality food), French cooking is a little more subtle. Making a McDonalds would have been more to your satisfaction.? The food is fast and everything is large and super-sized...!!
    Lumiere is an awards winning restaurant and you are a fool if you can't appreciate it...