Lumber Liquidators / Bad business practice

Lumber Liquidators
I went into the L.L. on Beltway 8 and W. Little York to buy 10' of oak transition strip. The piece was brought out and I asked the salesman "is this 10' because I need exactly 10'" he said yes but with a quizical look on his face. While I was being rung up the Lady asked me how long the transition strip was and I said it's 10' but could you please measure it because it needs to be at least 10'. She went back to measure it and came back and said 10'. I get home and it's 9'8" that's not 10'. I called them and asked if they would ship the correct size which I would pay for the extra feet if need be but I didn't think I should pay delivery. They said customer pays delivery even on their mistake. Not good business.

N  10th of Dec, 2009 by
LL Customer Care Response to Quson complaint

If the service from the store was less than ideal you have the right to complain. The transitional pieces can vary in size and if they told you it was 10 linear feet and it was not, raising this issue to the store manager would be appropriate. Transitional pieces can come in different lengths, but some projects require certain sizes that may fall under the custom order category and the store can help you with custom orders. It doesn’t sound like they took the right steps based on your description of the transaction and I will notify the stores Regional Manager so they can be reminded of proper procedure. This is certainly an isolated incident and not our general practice. In the future, calling Customer Care would help as we note feedback for corrections / training opportunities for store and company personnel. You did the right thing by conducting a final inspection of the product and notifying the store – if they made you pay the shipping call Customer Care and ask for the Customer Care Mgr. and I will credit you back for the shipping as charging you was not the right thing to do in this situation.

Lumber Liquidators Logo Lumber Liquidators