Lugz Shoe / Fell apart

TN, United States Review updated:

I bought a pair of lugz shoes and they fell apart after two weeks, thought if i buy a pair of name brand shoes they would last but they did not.

Comments

• Al
      Apr 12, 2012

I bought my first pair of LUGZ last year and after two weeks it sounded like i had a flat tire, and the whishing air sound came out of my right shoe... So am year later i thought i would give LUGZ a second chance yet again two months later my right shoe had a blow out.. It separated and no way of fixing it so $69.99 down the drain... I will no longer bye another pair from this company, and will not support this company to anyone...

• Ca
      Aug 23, 2012

Same story here! My son loves the look of Lugz, but I won't buy another pair - they seem to have a lot of issues with the shoes separating from the sole - this is can't be repaired. Ours only lasted 3 months. :(

• Ri
      Sep 10, 2012

2 pairs happened to me aswell, these shoes used to be awesome. I will never buy another pair

• Er
      Nov 28, 2012

I had the same issue. I purchased a pair of their leather shoes that looked really nice from the pictures and got them on sale for less than 45bucks. They lasted 3 & 1/2 months. The sole separated from the actually shoe. The left one. I did not know this was even possible. I contacted Lugz customer service and they told me they would not refund after 90days but they were able to honor replacing the shoes as long as i sent a picture showing the damage. Getting replacements was a hassle after several weeks of constantly asking them whats the status of my replacement. Constant back and forth. The worst customer experience I've ever dealt with. Finally got my replacements (was not able to give me the same shoe design) but these are starting to do the same. Now both are starting to separate. I know I'm not doing anything different because Ive never experienced this issue with any other shoe manufacture before. I only wear them 2-3 days a week. I believe it come down to how its made and the materials that are used. Also noticed they are not made here is the USA. Believe they are made in China. Yeah go figure. I do not plan on buying anything from Lugz ever again and will let others know to avoid the Lugz brand. Buyer Beware: Their shoe designs are rally cool but there are tons of other shoe manufactures that offer higher quality shoes!!!

Oct 08, 2017

@eric272 Shows how much you know. Lugz came into the shoeline in '93 for hip-hop, started in NY. Yes it's an American made shoe.

• Cn
      Jan 11, 2018

@Monty Glass Manufacturing of Lugz moved from NY to China years ago. Shows how much you don't know.

Jan 06, 2017

bought a pair brown leather work shoe. 3 weeks...the metal "eyelet"s are ripping/falling out...shoes are ruined...ARE YOU KIDDING ME???...I don't have the time, or MONEY to get ripped off...I drive an hour and half to the sears were I got them...this is NUTS

Oct 08, 2017

@Chris Kelsch Out of all the problems I've seen/heard with Lugz, never has this occurred.

• Mi
      Feb 18, 2017

They suck! Came apart never again

• Mi
      Feb 18, 2017

They come apart garbage, should of spent my 150 on timbs

• Im
      Jan 03, 2018

@Miguel Quinones I feel the same way .. I bout a pair of tan Lugz from shoe carnival in Seymour Indiana back in August.. Last about 6 weeks and the sole on the right boot completely separated.. I went back to the store and showed the manager what happened and she remembered selling me the boots so she replaced with another pair.. 5-6 weeks later.. same thing and this time I probably did not wear the boots more than a dozen times ... Same issue, same right boot.. I am over these cheap boots.. They are nothing like they use to be several years ago.. Something has changed and it just means we waste our money .. I went back to my old Timberland that are grungy looking but you know what, 4+ years and still not falling apart!

• To
      Feb 20, 2017

I bought a pair of Lugz boots from St Matthew Mall in Lousville Kentucky because I had seen them advertise as good boots but after 2 months the boots have torn up a waste of money can buy just as good boots at Wal Mart

Oct 08, 2017

@Torn up To compare Wal-Mart boots to Lugz is stupid. Of course with every product that's mass produced you're going to have error, with at least one. Wal-Mart boots you're lucky if they last 2 weeks in my world.

Oct 08, 2017

I've bought several pairs of Lugz over the years. My older brother used to buy them and I'd make fun of him; "haha pretty boy shoes", until the day I stepped foot in a pair. From experience the tan boots are the only ones to get. Ive owned the black ones and they suck. Comparitivly to most shoes you can buy for the same price, you'd be a fool not to buy them. They aren't a work boot. Although, I've used mine for work on a daily basis, as a mechanic 6months. As a welder 3 months, as a daily shoe/logging boot 3-6mo. I buy a pair of Hawthorne's/Georgia's for working and a pair of Lugz as a comfort/dress shoe. You can easily get 6 months+ if you just walk in them.