Lucky Surf National Sweepstakes / Fraud Checks

Burke & Reinhart Law Firm
1263 West Lanford Ave.
Battle Creek
Phone: 647-887-0867
As I checked my mail yesterday 7-06-09 I didnt have my glasses so I asked my sister to read this mail because there were some checks involved. One was for 25, 000.00 and the other was suppose to be for the taxes on the other check, which was 2950.00
I was skeptical of believing it, but my sister said there was nothing in the letter indicating that it was fake. I even offered the Law Firms name, Karen Stevens as the agent and her number to be contacted. The bank was a local bank here in Aiken, SC which was Woodforest Bank. As you will see they have used alot fo important companies on this letter at the bottom of the page. I never was able to reach Karen Stevens so I took the checks to the bank and Thank God I was smart enough to ask and show the letters or I could have been arrested for something that I had nothing to do with other than checking my mail with my name on the checks saying I had won in 5th place. I am a single parent who has never recieved child support and has to use food stamps to survive. So as you can see, this isnt in any way funny to me. I would hope something could be done to people that screw with poor people and not be legit. I also hope I hear back you concerning this matter because as I said it's not fare to the people that live a hard life and struggie to be teased with such lies.
Thank you for your time in reading this.

Sincerely, Deborah Gainey

PS I have the letters if you would like I could mail, but it said they are too large to download on here, , , , you can reach me at mistystar462000@yahoo.com

N  13th of Jul, 2009 by
I also recieved the same letter and checks. I even had the bank verify them and they could not, they said they were frauds. My wife and I also are low income just like you. We are looking for attorneys to go after them in court if you are interested in also joining in this just email my wife at angiedrummond@att.net. Just make sure you keep everything you got with it.
N  14th of Jul, 2009 by
I also just recieved the same letter's and check's in the mail today, 7/14/2009. Included with this letter were two different checks, one for the amount of $2950.00 for the affidavit of Elgibility. and the other check for $25, 000 as the 5th place winner. Also along with this at the bottom of the letter it does state that "Contact info agent Karen Stevens at the direct number 905-324-0508. Now as good as this may sound, I did some investigation about this Burke & Reinhart Law Firm, there is NO legit law firm of this name. There is an Burke & Reinhart Law Firm and a Burke Reinhart Law Firm, but not a Burke & Reinhart Law Firm. Now with this in mind I too will take the checks to my local bank and show them the letters along with, to see if these are legit. However if anyone else recieved these letters and checks they where shipped from Canada and that the checks are from a bank in MI and there was no return address on the envelope.
N  14th of Jul, 2009 by
I just recieved the exact same letter- 5th winner in annual Cash & cars online drawing-same sponsors-same law firm...

What is the point or purpose for these people? what do they get out of this?

There is a website for Luckysurf.com. I notified them about this and included my contact information.

There was no return on the envelope which set off alarms for me right away. Also the letterhead was blurry so I had a strong feeling it was fraud.

I do thank you for posting-it certainly helped me and will help others as well!
A  18th of Jul, 2009 by
Same thing here, Florida. Hard to figure what the plan was supposed to be? Perhaps if better organized we were supposed to deposit the smaller check into our accounts and then electronically pay them with debit or credit. We would have all been out 2950.00. What ever they were planning it was not well thought out.
I agree that for a moment I thought I was a winner!
A  24th of Jul, 2009 by
I also was the recipient of the above. This is just aweful. During this time and age, people are in dire need of additional/any cash.

I hope something can be done about this matter.

Mad in Chi town.
A  28th of Jul, 2009 by
worcester, I also receive the same check and wasn't sure so I call her back and she said it was real I was shaking because I'm in need so much I said God save me but I hesited so toke it to the bank with my sister to cash it because I didn't have an account. she did and I she just call me and said that I give her a fraud check. I was crying because I double check with the number.
A  28th of Jul, 2009 by
NORTH CAROLINA; I have also received the same check's and wasn't sure so I started surfing the net and came across this site thank's for posting I was suppose to call this karen stevens back in the morning 7/29/2009 to get more info on how to collect my money so i thought!but i new it was to good to be true.there are some crazy selfish low down people in this world to try-in somecase's have pulled this scam on innocent people that are in money trouble's myself included i am a mom of 4 and my husband is the only one working at this time i was laid of from my job and my employment has ended and there's no job's in to be found I hope and pray someone catches these sick people and throw away the key's people just don't have money to give or have some so called scam artist's take there money from them.signed mad as hell.
A  29th of Jul, 2009 by
someone make them pay!! send them to jail!!
N  27th of Jan, 2010 by
I believe Lucky Surf is fraudulent. I had five numbers correct and was suppose to get a check for $20.00 back in October. To date have rec'd nothing spite my many emails which go unanswered. They just get money from their advertisers and float along giving nothing out to the winners.

Martha Skinner