Lube Stop / Trying to sell me parts and services which I didn't need!

1 7805 Broadview Road, Seven Hills, Ohio 44131Seven Hills, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 216-524-7066

Lube Stop Technician while doing his 20 point checklist on my Chrysler van on 3/11/08 stated that my license plate lights were burned out/not working and that my air intake system needs cleaning as there are heavy carbon deposits. The technician actually showed me a good deal of carbon deposit (looked like old grease from ball joint instead) smudge on a piece of paper.

I declined both the light replacement ($9.99) and the intake cleaning (I believe it was $64.99) as I was going to do it myself. Good thing I did it myself as the license plate bulbs WERE NOT burned out and as I cleaned the air intake system, I found very little dust/dirt deposit and absolutely "ZERO" carbon deposits within air intake system.

Beware to all that places/services like this exist all over this nation taking away your hard earned money when nothing is wrong.

Comments

22nd of Apr, 2008

Just to state the fact that i am a tech. i would like to say that you as a person have no way of knowing how well your air intake actually is unless u take it completly appart. you were not scamed your car is recommended for sevices wene the dealership says its do and that is what we recomend by please shut up and get a life.

• Ba
      28th of Apr, 2008

John boy-
    You need to get sum more lernin in. u bout stupid as a rock. no wunder u werk on kars. lube stop does crapy, shady work. u no it!!

• Rj
      18th of May, 2008

I see both points of view on this I use to be a skeptic on how well the intake cleaner worked. My roommate a few years ago had just purchased a used car he took it into a service center and had the service done over the next week he kept track of the gas milage and noticed a increase in horsepower. I currently do work for lubestop and am one of the techs who try to sell this service on a daily basis. If the process is done at regular intervals it is a great way to stop the build up of harmful deposits. I understand alot of people dont believe that there are things hurting their horsepower, and making them loose gas milage but from the responce of many of our customers they do notice improvements after the service has been completed. As for the light bulb issue I personaly have noticed recently that the car manufacturers have let us customers down in the fact that the parts they have placed on our vehicles doesnt always work the way it was intended. I had another tech recomend 4 lightbulbs last week to a customer, who agreed to our service, I then started removeing the covers to access the lights. Upon doing so I found that the bulb sockets were shorting out on two of them and the other two the bulbs were loose. I informed the customer of the issue and he thanked me for not trying to "rip him off." I understand that there could possibly be people in stores trying just to make a buck off the light bulbs, but to the best of my knowledge upon further inspection they would have probably found there was a issue with the socket. I do hope you would take the time to do some research on how the 2 part intake cleaning system works and the bennifits. I just visited the heartland website and they offer a moneyback guarrantee if you are not satisfied with the product. I hope you will recoside useing our services in the future. If you didn't like the personell at the store you visited please contact the corprate website and feel free to try one of our other 37 stores

• Rj
      18th of May, 2008

www.theheartland.com
    www.lubestop.com
    also we do cary a tri fold info pack on the three part cleaning

• Bo
      9th of Jun, 2008

Any car that is run at all will have some carbon build up...it's a by-product of the combustion process. As Rj stated it is very diffcult or impossible to see into the air intake. Did you really need a $64.99 cleaning job? It is a bit steep but the choice is yours, do you mind doing it yourself?

• Go
      8th of Aug, 2014

Worst Auto day of my life when I had my oil change by a bunch of young kids June 4, 2014 at the 3106 Whipple Ave, Canton Ohio location afterwards my engine light went on 3 quarts of oil had leaked and I was told to talk to the people who did my last oil change, the oil pan had been damaged and a new oil pan was required to make the vehicle safe. Total cost over $300! Lube Stop Regional Manger responded by saying "Sorry You Feel That Way!"
    Never in my 66 years have I ever seen such a customer service nightmare!

• Go
      8th of Aug, 2014

Worst Auto day of my life when I had my oil change by a bunch of young kids June 4, 2014 at theLube Stop 3106 Whipple Ave, Canton Ohio location afterwards my engine light went on 3 quarts of oil had leaked and I was told to talk to the people who did my last oil change, the oil pan had been damaged and a new oil pan was required to make the vehicle safe. Total cost over $300! Lube Stop Regional Manger responded by saying "Sorry You Feel That Way!"
    Never in my 66 years have I ever seen such a customer service nightmare!

Gordon M Kelsey

• Jc
      19th of May, 2017

I'm a consumer law expert. Now in regards to services you didn't need this is a violation of RC 1345.02(b)(7). It warrants statutory damages or actual damages trebled. Second. According to PAC 109-4-3-13, it is required that you are given the option of a written or oral estimate prior to work being performed. Third under. The Consuker Sales Practices Act, an employee can be joined with the business in a civil proceedings. Fourth, a customer can. Also receive non economic damages as well as attorney Fee's for the previous violations as well as trebled damages.

• Jc
      19th of May, 2017

I'm a consumer law expert. Now in regards to services you didn't need this is a violation of RC 1345.02(b)(7). It warrants statutory damages or actual damages trebled. Second. According to OAC 109-4-3-13, it is required that you are given the option of a written or oral estimate prior to work being performed. Third, under the Consumer Sales Practices Act, an employee can be joined with the business in a civil proceedings. Fourth, a customer can as well receive non economic damages and attorney Fee's for these violations listed.