LTD Commodities / scam and cheating

I too, like many others feel like this company is intentionally shipping items ordered in many different shipments to up their profits. It's either that or they have shipping staff that could care less, not sure at this point!

I ordered approximately 68.00 worth of product and paid slightly more than half that for the shipping in four different shipments. This all happened after I received an email that all items but one would be shipped at the same time.

I previously ordered many items from LTD in the early 2000's and they would always give us shipping quote so we could send the full amount owed when ordering.

Now they use this lame brained excuse that they cannot calculate shipping charges in advance due to weight, size, and destination differences??? This makes no sense when they were able to do these calculations when I first started ordering from them.

I do much internet shopping and this is the only company I know of that has this ridiculous shipping policy--it is for their own good not the consumers. With that said I will not order any more from LTD unless they change this and make me (consumer) aware of exact shipping charges when ordering their product.

I like many of their products but intend to protect where I am spending money needlessly. There are just too many businesses out there that will offer free or discounted shipping for good standing repeat customers, I will go there.

Ta

Comments

• Va
      6th of Oct, 2008

I am also pissed by the shipping. i get tired of paying for everything separate. Harriet carter catalog has some of the same items as ltd and they list the shipping and they send everything together for one amount. I belong to a club and 22 of the women said they would order regularly from ltd if the shipping was different and so would i. I ordered 5 items some were on back order and some came. It cost me more for shipping than the items i bought. Other catalogs add them together its not because of price because you aren't any cheaper than others.

• Mi
      7th of Nov, 2008

my son Santos Robles is in Iraq and someone is using his debit card please cancel anything and take him off your list thank you

• Mi
      7th of Nov, 2008

My Son Santos Robles is in Iraq and somebody is using his debit card to purchase item please cancel any order and take him off your list Thank you

• Je
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I also have a hard time with LTD.

• Me
      1st of Jun, 2009

Hi Peter!

I was following up on your previous blog comment on LTD's shipping policies.

At LTD Commodities, we really take customer feedback seriously. We heard your requests and I am really excited to let you know we made significant improvements to our shipping policies by creating a shipping rate chart! Now you can know your total shipping costs up front, and whether we ship your order in one box or several, you’ll never pay more than what our chart indicates.

If you want to learn more about these great changes please visit us at www.ltdcommodities.com
    or let me know how I can answer any questions by emailing me at helpline@ltdcommodities.com

Thanks!

Melissa M
    Account Specialist
    LTD Commodities

• Me
      22nd of Jun, 2009

Dear Tamara,

I would first like to apologize for all the trouble you’ve experienced with us due to our shipping and handling charges.

At LTD Commodities, we really take customer feedback seriously. We heard your requests and I am really excited to let you know that on June 1st we made significant improvements to our shipping policies by creating a shipping rate chart! Now you can know your total shipping costs up front, and whether we ship your order in one box or several, you’ll never pay more than what our chart indicates.

If you contact me with your specific order information I may be able to help you further. Please email me at helpline@ltdcommodities.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Melissa Martinez