LSS Inc. / Failure to deliver product

Aubrey, TX, United States Review updated:
A young man came to my door in August of 2008 selling magazine subscriptions for a chance to win a trip to Cancun. I asked how long it would take for the magazine I subscribed to would come and was told 4-6 weekes. Two months and $40 dollars later, still no magazine. The check I wrote out to this young man has been cashed. I did some digging on this company on the internet and have found that many people have had the same complaint.

Comments

Ma
  28th of Oct, 2008
I to ordered mags from LSS, INC. but I had two young girls come to my door. I'm sure they do not use their real names or same name twice, but this time they used Zenith and Teresa Cooley. I sent the receipt in on August 20, 2008 the day after we ordered to cancel our order and still have not received anything. I started doing some searching and it did not take long for me to find out i was not alone.I called 1-940-365-0089 and spoke with a man who said he would send them a message to contact me, after being on hold a couple of minutes he returned and took my name and phone number I won't hold my breath for that call.I advised no one else to order anything from anyone with out first doing your research unless you know them. I'm from a small town and you don't think things like this happen and are very trusting.I learned the hard way.The address for this company is CRS, INC. c/o LSS, INC. CUSTOMER SERVICE 4800 Hwy 377 S. Aubrey, Tx. 76227
Su
  10th of Nov, 2008
I also was scammed by a very nice looking young man from this company. We live in a small community in western Washington State. I ordered just one magazine, so I only lost $35. but you add up how many people "only lost $35" and the company is raking in the money!! I called 1-940-365-0089 this morning. The young woman, very pleasant, tracked my order number down, and then proceeded to tell me she was doing refunds tomorrow and my check would be in the mail on Thursday. She verified my address as well. We'll see how lucky I get!! It's worth a call for those of you who would like to take a swing at a at refund. Good Luck.
Te
  22nd of Nov, 2008
I got scammed by them to same scenario a young man showed up to my house to sell magazine subscriptions to get a trip to cancun i went for it trying to help the guy out he seemed trustworthy, however needless to say i will never buy anything to help anybody ever again i tried to get some christmas presents out of the way by giving my family magazine subscriptions BIG MISTAKE
Bo
  30th of Jan, 2009
Again with the guy selling magazines, LSS Inc., got me for $39.00, the feds should jail them all.
Li
  6th of Feb, 2009
this hapened to me last night and i happened to be in my pajamas not wearing a bra and the little ### had the nerve to thank me for not wearing a bra after he took my check (to basically get him out of my apartment.) i feel violated but the whole time i heard my mother screaming in the back of my head not to let him in. so should i even try to send in my cancellation notice? will it bepointless?
Ka
  10th of Feb, 2009
Okay, well, commenting on the person who said you should call them for a refund...I have MANY TIMES. I ordered the magazines January 2008. We called them numerous times after that point. We wrote sent them a typed letter on 9-11-08. Then we have been calling them every month now. Every month they say that they will send us a check. (Hah!) That money is down the tube. Do not buy from anyone that is selling magazines through LSS inc, CRS inc, or Crossroads Subcriptions!
Bi
  13th of Mar, 2009

LSS Inc. - Product not delivered
Lonestar Subscribtions inc.
Florida

Never received magazines, does not return phone calls. Big rip off. And these were for a little girls Christmas present. How cruel.
Me
  13th of Mar, 2009
I had the same thing happen to me!! I bought a magazine subscription from this young man who claimed to be going on a trip to cancun and needed the points. I really wanted to help this young man. I live in montana but am from Texas, he gave me this song and dance how he was from Texas too and my heart went out to him. I ordered Field and Stream in May 2008, after 9 months of no magazine I called Lss, yes I finally got through to them only to find out that they no longer have that subscription!! They sent me a form giving me the option to get two for the price of one.. They were really nice!! I sent the form back in December 2008 and to this day still no magazines! I called and spoke to a supervisor named Brandy and she told me that they will mail me a check in 3-4 weeks for my 40 dollars. After reading all these comments I am sure I am out $40. The number I have is 940-365-0089. It is now the middle of March and still no check, no magazine, nothing. There should be something that the honest people of America can do to stop these scams!!
Al
  1st of Apr, 2009
On Feb 26, 2009 I got took for $196.00 for (4) four magazines, Now it is April, still no magazines.
After reading what others wrote I realize I'v been hoodwinked also.
Al
  1st of Apr, 2009
I feel like a fool, falling for the sale pitch, I have turned down door to door in the past, I don't know why I fell for this one, he was a real smooth talker, he showed me his driver's lic. from a town close by, I felt he was honest.
Pj
  1st of Oct, 2009
I also fell for the smooth talking young men selling magazines for a trip to Cancun. Ordered 2 magazines, cancelled the next day, still haven't received my refund 2 months later.