LSBF London Campus / Refund of fees

1 England, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

Ticket ID:11344
Applicant number: A4060391
My Name is Ononne Bassey. I recently applied to LSBF London Campus for my ACCA programme and proceeded to make a deposit of £2800 from my savings on the 7th of December 2012 because I was rushed by one of the advisers/Consultants at LSBF to make payments so that I could get my CAS letter to enable me apply for Visa in time so that I can meet the January session as my Visa will be expiring on the 11th of January 2013. Due to my parents absence, I couldn't give them a full break down of the costs. When I was finally able to do so, my Mum who has been sponsoring my education for as long as I can remember said she wasn't able to fund this one as she has already spent heavily on my Masters degree at University of Dundee. I Understood with her and on the 9th of January contacted Galya Nikulin my consultant to start the refund process. she gave me a contact link
In the document she sent to me, it reads that it takes about 15 working days to get a response on the possibility of a refund.
However, on calling the school directly after several failed attempts, I spoke to a member of staff (Balakrishna Ramsamy)and he informed me that it will take about 21- 45 working days to get a response. secondly, he forwarded a no response email which contained another emai requesting that i should send my notifications to every time that I update my ticket. it is however unfortunate to say that on several attempts to send my email to the address provided [protected]@studyintractive.org, I received equal failed notices. I didn't t have a good feeling about this so I decided to look him up(Balakrishna Ramsamy) and his name popped up on Linkedin and records there show that he has worked for LSBF as a customer support specialist for online issues and suggest that he doesn't work there any more. I also researched and found out that several students have gone through the similar ordeals with LSBF hence the reason i am coming to you to make this report. It took me two days before I was able to get through to a member of staff in the refunds department. I was hung up on once, made to wait for several minutes without my call being transferred and told that I was going to receive a call which I never did.
I have seen a couple of negative reviews on LSBF refund policies and procedures https://www.complaintsboard.com/?search=LSBF
and I do not intend to be an addition to the existing figure. It is on this note that i am making an appeal to you to help speed up this process as i am scheduled to leave the UK on the 9th of January 2012 and I do not have money to get any ticket. It is a very unfortunate situation because LSBF has lost so many potential students based on the negative publicity that this refunds has caused and the question is "is it worth the trouble? i will stop at nothing to get my money back even if it means the social media or consulting a lawyer, thankfully i know a handful lawyers. i am very informed LSBF and i hope it doesnt get to that.

On

Comments

• Aa
      8th of Jan, 2013

I have a same problem with LSBF. They have not issue even CAS letter for me and they are refusing to give refund.

18th of Jan, 2013

LSBF COLLEGE REFUND ISSUES

THOSE SEEKING REFUNDS FROM LSBF COLLEGE, PLEASE EMAIL ME ON [protected]@yahoo.co.uk as I am currently fighting a court case for one of my friends.

Regards
    Ash

• Ls
      30th of Jan, 2013

Dear all,
    As representatives of LSBF online, we would like to express our concern after reading Ononne's message as well as other posts on the thread. As a school with over 25, 000 students, we are always open to feedback from students as we work to continually improve our service.
    We can confirm that we have contacted Ononne and all other students who expressed their opinions here and our teams are now dealing with their cases. As you will appreciate, we cannot comment on these individual cases publicly, due to our privacy policy.
    If any current, former or potential students have any queries and questions, we will be more than happy to help. Feel free to contact us here and to use our profile as a channel to get in touch with the school in the future.
    Best regards,
    LSBF Team

13th of Feb, 2013

Hello, I have been calling LSBF everyday to check the status of my refund application. For the past month I have never once received the 'promised' callback. I am currently over-running my visa in order to stay and get my refund before leaving. I have explained this in several emails to the refund c'ttee and have never once received a response past confirmation of receipt of my application. What is happening?

15th of Feb, 2013

I am also consulting lawyers on this issue since thanks to LSBF, it is turning into a serious immigration law problem. They may be expensive but it is worth it especially since the school doesn't even give responses or updates!

• Mu
      2nd of Mar, 2013

I have been waiting for a year for my refund from LSBF canada. my visa was refused and they said i would get a refund.

• Mu
      2nd of Mar, 2013

I had enrolled myself in LSBF canada on sept, 2011. As soon as I got my Letter of Acceptance after paying a deposit of CAD $ 4, 475, I had applied for my visa for Canada. Unfortunately I was rejected the visa twice which forced me to apply for refund. I created a ticket with number 6703 on 12th Feb, 2012. After being approved the refund, I provided my bank details as per asked. Due to delay I started inquiring more often and I would get replies that my refund would be processed by July, than mid of November and lastly end of January. It has now been more than a year since I have applied for my refund and I am still waiting.

T10200797

3rd of Mar, 2013

LSBF, I am still waiting for a further response!
    Tkt no.: 11567

7th of Mar, 2013

LSBF, PLEASE GIVE ME AN UPDATE
    TKT NO. 11567

• Ra
      22nd of Mar, 2013

When i applied for the refund it was stated that in straight forward cases it could take 21 days (i assume a course cancelation is an straight forward case)! I understand that i have to wait 45 days, but for an answer????? I have already 45 days to get my money back, I need it URGENTLY SINCE I HAVE TO PAY MY MASTERS IN ANOTHER UNIVERSITY AND I AM NOT WILLING TO PUT IN RISK MY PLACE DUE TO LSB[censored]

i would like to remind that i quitted to my job in order to start my studies at LSBF on April and on top of that i payed the deposit the day Lena Patel (advisor) told me because she said the university was running out of places and i had it to ensure my place in the masters!

SO ALL I AM ASKING IS TO HAVE MY MONE BACK, I REALLY DON´T THINK IS FAIR FOR ME TO DEAL WITH MORE ISSUES THAN THE ONES LSBF IS ALREADY CAUSING ME!!!

AS A UNIVERSITY WHO SPECIALIZES ON FINANCE I THINK IS FOR EVERYONE VERY CLEAR THE COST OF MONEY IN TIME...SO PUT THIS IN PRACTICE AND STOP KEEPING MY MONEY FOR SUCH A LONG PERIOD!!!
    Student ID M1008314 and ticket ID 11887

28th of Mar, 2013

Hhhh

28th of Mar, 2013

Hi, My ticket No: 11037, i think my ticket was issued before all of you guys above and still i haven't got my money back. I m really disapponted with LSBF and i dont recommend this college . Even five of my friends were getting admission in lsbf but when they saw what lsbf is doing with me, they left and got admission in some other college.I have been calling Lsbf for the last 5 months but operators always gives lame excuses that no one is availbe . They just take contact no and email, i think i have given my mob no near abt 60 times but no response.Its just injustice with all of us.
    Now we are in 2013 where transferring money takes seconds not months, i hope you can imagine that its just a deliberate delay . We all need to make a complain to Prince Michael of Kent GCVO. http://www.lsbf.org.uk/school/patrons.html.

• Bi
      12th of Apr, 2013

Hi, this case is so terrible been calling almost everyday and still not received the promised call back nor response to my numerous emails and been on this refund since October 2012 a refusal because the school was not on the accredited list. Please I need my refund, ticket number 9679. [protected]@hotmail.com.

17th of Apr, 2013

I have complained to the Prince Micaeal of Kent but no response. Seem like LSBF have some sort of hold on the whole of the UK.
    I have contacted the University of Wales, QAA, BAC, OIC, David Cameron, Prince Michael of Kent, The Home office, UKBA, Theresa May etc. today I called the trading standards and if any of you signed a contract or started the admission process from the UK please give them a call on 08454040506.
    In any case they are going to notify the regulatory bodies that LSBF has practising standards which are non-conforming.

17th of Apr, 2013

Hi, can you please send me the contact details for all above departmnets . Many thanks

• Ad
      17th of Apr, 2013

I have tried to contact them to issue my CAS or i will miss the semester and no one even call back or reply. this is just bad reputation.

18th of Apr, 2013

hi Asif41554 do you mean for all the people/organisations I contacted?

18th of Apr, 2013

• Ha
      22nd of Apr, 2013

I applied to the Toronto Campus of LSBF for ACCA level 2 and 3 and paid full 2 year course fees in advance as suggested by my student counselor Carolina Ayala-Jackson. My Visa was refused by the Canadian High Commission twice because my visa officer was not convinced that i will return to my country after completing my course.I applied for refund through the refund ticket on the 5th of Feb and though LSBF policy declares 21-45 working days for a decision on a refund application i still have not heard a peep from the refunds committee even after constantly asking for an update. On top of that while trying to consult with Carolina she blocked me on skype and hotmail. I paid a total of $11400 for my course plus medical insurance and if I do not hear from LSBF refunds committee by next week I am going to seek legal action and sue LSBF for not complying with their refunds policy. My name is Hasibul Alam Khan; Student number: T10201863 and refund ticket id: 11885

22nd of Apr, 2013

Hasibul Alam Khan, if you started the admission process from the UK, complain to the Trading Standards. You can call them on 08454040506