LPC / Bad service

United States Review updated:
I got this lpc credit card in the mail today but I didn't seem to understand how I was approved when they didn't know anything about me. But i don't have a bank acct so I wanted to know how i got approved when evryone else turned me down. My boyfriend is very paranoid which is a good thing in my case because he wanted to know the catch so i called the activation # and when I told them i had no bank acct they said send $45 dollar money order and they will send a new "Elite" card with a lower limit of $4500 he immediately told me to cut it up. So i came online to check it out and see if I could look in the catalog to see what they have to offer and thats when I found these complaints and I am so glad I did. Thank you because between your comments and my boyfriends paranoia you all saved me a tremendous amount of hassle! So thank you and I just wish someone would have made you aware of this scam before you invested in it! Now I am going to cut up the card and shoot it out! Thanks again!

N  26th of Aug, 2008 by
I had all of my information typed in and was thinking about if i REALLY wanted to have this card or not. I decided not to but accidently clicked on the wrong button because i thought i had it on the "x" at the top to click out of the page but it was on the submit button. I called LPC about 10 seconds after I made this mistake and let them know that I accidently clicked on the wrong button and DID NOT want the $79 taken out of my bank account, the representative told me that I had nothing to worry about and that it WOULD NOT be taken out. I was looking on my bank account online on the 6th of October and the $79 had been taken out of my account. I was very upset about this after it being told to me by a representative that it WOULD NOT be taken out of my account. I tried to call them that day but their office was already closed and they're not open on the weekends and it was also a holiday weekend because of Columbus Day. I called them on the day following Columbus Day which was a tuesday, the 10th of October to let them know what had happened and that i was VERY upset about it and wanted my $79 back in my bank account. I had talked to 3 different representatives about this, the first one told me that i WOULD NOT get my $79 back, gave me my cancellation number, laughed, then hung up on me. The next time I called back, I talked to the same guy and told him I wanted to speak with his manager, he put me through to another representative by the name of Tony, Tony was upset because I wouldn't let him talk because i was so upset about this, so Tony hung up on me. Then I called back and talked to some lady representative and she hung up on me. I had also let them know that I was on the BBB website and was going to post this complaint about them and none of them really seemed to care if I did or not.
N  29th of Sep, 2009 by
fraud does not work no response from customer service