LoyaltySavers / Membership cancellation not honored

1 16192 Coastal HwyLewes, DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-331-8867 or 800-879-2423

I signed up for a 30-day free-trial membership in July 2007 for a green tea supplement called PowerTea via their web site WWW.POWERTEA.COM. The PowerTea site listed a 30 day free-trial ad for LoyaltySavers as well. So, I ordered a trial sample of the PowerTea but then found another company selling a comparable product for less. So, I called PowerTea and they canceled my membership.

I received info via mail from LoyaltySavers but forgot to call within the 30-day trial period to cancel as I found I could get the same or better deals on my own.

I received the first $12.95 charge to my check debit Visa on my August statement. I called them @ [protected] and immediately a message came on stating they had phone system issues and that his name was Bobby but you can leave a message and we'll get back to you. I left a message requesting cancellation and gave all info. I never received any reply via phone, email or mail.

No charges were made to my account in September; however on 10/26/07 a $12.95 charge was made to my account. I called to [protected] showing next to the charge off and on for almost 2 weeks and the line was either busy or the same message without a contact name of the phone system errors.

I decided to send a request in writing via fax with a number from their web-site [protected]; with no reply but I assumed it was canceled.

Now, just on 12/03/07 my account was charged $12.95 and there's one pending for 12/04/07.

I've decided to contact via mail Access Development located in Utah, which is the only contact location listed on their website.
If necessary, I 'll contact the BBB of Utah, as per their site, Access Development is a member. Also, if necessary The Utah Chamber of Commerce if they can assist me as well.

Comments

• Ro
      15th of Jan, 2008

You need to contact your credit card company and tell them not to allow any more charges from these %$@#$%#. If the credit card company will not do it....cancel the c/card. Tell them you want your acct closed and then just reopen it at a later date.

• Go
      7th of May, 2008

I ordered this product and I love it. It did say I would be charged in their terms and conditions, and that you would need to call in order to cancel. They have great customer service and offer 100% satisfaction when it comes to refunds on returned products. All you have to do is call. Their number is 866-544-6590

16th of Jun, 2009

I agree to call up your bank and report any unathorized charges and cut up your credit card.

I think the first Comment was probably from a Company spokesperson blowing smoke up your tailpipe.

Nobody likes being signed up for this monthly auto-charge b.s. They are banking on the fact that you will forget to call them up and CANCEL before 30-day trial is Over...

• Me
      15th of Sep, 2009

Hello,

I am from Access Development. We do not send out the memberships or do the billing for the Loyalty Savers. Access Development is a third party company that creates the discount program that Loyalty Savers has purchased from us and sent to you. In order to cancel your membership with Loyalty Savers you need to call 1-866-733-0675 and choose option 1 for billing. They can cancel the membership and charges for you.

Respectfully,