LowPay Card / Stealing money from my bank account!

This company automatically withdrew $ 79 from my checking account on Feb. 8,2008. I never gave them any account information nor have I ever so much as spoke to these people. Somehow they managed to steal my account info and then withdrew money from the account. I looked them up online by their phone number and it leads me to this site. Obviously this is a scam. The difference between the complaints I read and myself is that I never gave them my account info for any reason. I never requested this low pay card or ever spoke to anyone in regards to it. This is a definite fraud. When I called the phone number I sat on hold for hours and never got the chance to speak to anyone. I am going to contact my bank in regards to this.

Ry

Comments

• Ad
      6th of Mar, 2008

This same exact thing happened to me on 3.3.08... One odd thing that the name on the transaction was also someone i;ve never heard of I called this company and it was the shadiest place i've ever called. They refused to tell me any full names, the companies tax id or the address. If this happens to you file a police report with your local police department.

• Ke
      7th of Mar, 2008
    LowPay Card

LowPay Card. Their address is P.O. Box 23937, Portland, OR 97281. PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT AT THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!! These are the biggest ripoff artists I've seen in awhile. I just filed a BBB report against them and I urge you all to do the same. I want my $79 back. They make you pay to see what they're offering.Then when you don't want it, they won't give you a refund. Plus, the customer service is the most awful I've ever seen. Nasty, rude, condescending.

• El
      16th of Mar, 2008
    LowPay Card
    p.o. box21804
    Los Angeles
    California
    Phone: 18003697919
    www.lowcardpay.com

Almost sucked in to the credit card scam for their catalog but my fiancee and i took it upon ourselves and go to the web sights and finally we came across you. People who talk and shares stories about the causes and effects of scams and the people who have been subjected to these kind of demeaning people.

Thank you for helping us not to become one of these unfortunate honest people.

• Na
      24th of Mar, 2008

The same thing happed to me except i allowed them to take the money out of the account. And i waited and waited and didn't get anyything i spoke to a operater on line and they said they never got the money even thou the account said they took it. So i went and sent them another payment by money order this time aand i got ripped off again. At the worse time they screwed me. This was my firsttime dealing with a card company and it'll be my last. Make sure you call the law and report this if it happens to you.

• Vi
      19th of Apr, 2008

taking to much money from my bank accoun t

• Of
      22nd of Jul, 2008

We have had several reports of Lowpay making unauthorized withdrawls from customers bank accounts. I was just wondering if anyone out there knew how lowpay was accessing their accounts?

• Hu
      31st of Jul, 2008

I was told by a lowpay rep that this card is a credit card that i can only use online to shop.
    I went and gave lowpay my bank info, they went in my account two weeks earlier than what we had agreed on. They took $156 out of my account. I tried to contact these people for almost 3 weeks. When i finally make contact with them, i told them i was no longer interested in there service because i could not reach them, and there customer service was very bad.
    I ask for a refund back to my account, I was given a refund code over two months now with no answer from Lowpay.

• Ta
      1st of Aug, 2008

I just received a cerd from them in the mail today. The thing is, I did not apply for this card and when you read the agreement the terms are contradictory. I just wanted to see what I was getting myself into before I activate anything.

9th of Aug, 2008

I just received a card in the mail today. i got online to see what the agreements were. I called to activate my account. the first thing the lady asked for was my back info. she forgot to mention that there were fees first. when i asked about it she just kept putting it off so i acted like i was going to give her the info and then hung up. Isn't it illegal for these people to do this? if not then it should be!

10th of Oct, 2008

I'll answer all your questions. There is no way they can obtain your bank account information unless it was provided by you, or somebody else stole your stuff and used it. If this was true that they magically got your bank account information, then all other companies would be capitalizing on this method and we would all see mysterious charges constantly.

To comment on the person who said they told you they never got your money, and yet you "give" them another payment. What a joke. Someone who knew for a fact that they paid that transaction would have never paid a 2nd time.

To comment on the person about the refund. Since you failed to read your contract, you forgot that the first year annual membership fee, had you asked for a refund would've been due. Looks like you left that part out. They give you 2 choices. Get your refund, pay them the balance on your LPC card of $198 that you did agree to, or use the refund to cancel out that balance and owe them nothing. I'm sure you weren't listening and refused to accept their answer, and went with the refund. Not to mention, they don't release the refund check until you pay the 1st half, which is $99. I'm sure you bounced that payment.

You got to keep in mind, everybody who did sign up for this service and complains, all had either horrible or pathetic credit scores. They don't do credit checks and you became greedy when you saw how much you were approved for. You let that blind sided you in not thinking rationally and reading the contract. Do you really think any credit card company would really automatically start you out that high and have 0% interest. Read your contract.

One final word, they're still around because they are doing this legally, and have proof that you agreed to this but ignored it entirely. Don't you think they would be shut down already? Listen to what you people are saying. You are all liars!

10th of Oct, 2008

Well, I think when on a contract, it states that it's non-refundable, it means it's not refundable. You're telling me it didn't make sense when you read it? Did you read anything that was on that letter? Not to mention, even if you did pay the $79 processing fee, that would've not allowed you to buy things. You seem to be hiding a lot of info. I worked for them and had to deal with all the cry babies that failed to read their contract. Keep in mind. If you signed up for this service, you probably have bad credit, which means it got that way because you didn't pay a company, and now you are getting what you deserve.

11th of Oct, 2008

And one more thing. The search bar at the top right? Do you see that? Type in a name of a company that would have at least a decent size of customers that's not well known, or even better, the most well known company out there. Somebody is saying something bad about them and what is funny is they don't tell their whole story. A lot of these people, I'm sure are upset because they didn't read their contract. A charge came through, they weren't aware of it and may have also caused overdraft fees. However, most company, if they were the ones to cause the error, they general fix it. Now if a company causes an error and they know about it and doesn't fix it, now that's a fraud or a scam.

I'm only posting this 2nd one because this is the 2nd call center I've worked for and both are for Escalated type calls. I want you to see it from the customer service representative view. The people that call in drive me insane because you failed to read your contract and I had to keep your money because you were dumb or I wasn't doing my job. If everybody read and understood their contract, I probably wouldn't have a job but I prefer that over extreme mental stress. Having to explain your foolish mistakes and making you pay for it when you just want to cry mom and get a slap on the wrist.

The 2nd call center I've worked for was AT&T prepaid in the billing department who had a company called Vesta to do the debiting. It saved them money because Vesta also process payments for other telecommunication companies like Tmobile and Boost. I'll tell you what dirty work I did for them.

Their Pick your plan service requires automatic recharge. You make that payment and you somehow failed to "listen" and "hear" that they tell you about it at the end. That's funny. I would expect AT&T, this billion dollar corporation to start sounding alarms to catch your attention because you have a problem with listening. No, the skim by it at the end of the call. You call us back after we charge the next month you saying you didn't know. 70% of you love playing that "I didn't know game". Then you tell us you haven't used the minutes and your phone shows you dollar amounts since that's how they represent their airtime on pre-paid, like it was a checking account with an available balance. When I end up telling you it's not refundable, and that it's in a pamphlet you've never even seen, or never was given this information inside anything you bought from them, you blow up. Then on top of that, I tell you that by making that payment, you are electronically signing an agreement to it, saying you understood it, something that I never told you that you were or asked you if it was okay, and politely say sorry about 20 times plus keep your money with a smile.

All of this was much more stressing because I had to say it while kissing your butt when you're screaming at me. If you continued to press the issue, I would repeat myself until you gave up and hung up the call since I couldn't hang up on you. Continue to scream louder and I would lower the volume until you sound like a mouse, not caring what you said because it would equate to the same thing you just said but in a more obnoxious way. Then you give up and hang up frustrated and I win. I got the company their money legitimately and fulfilled my job duty while being so "courteous" about it all at a wage that was no better than minimum wage. The average employment of a representative in that department was maybe 3-4 months. That's okay, there's more fish in the pond. However, I lasted a mere 2 years in that department before I went insane. I didn't fully agree with what I was doing, but they did it legally and legitimately, and capitalized on your stupidity. Plus our name was well known. We know you could never shut us down and we laughed (inside) at all your threats of taking us down. With LPC, if you don't get it and get out of line, I just hung up on you. We really didn't care what you said because we have an agreement you made and we got your money. There is no difference between the two. AT&T sugar coated things and said it all nicely but kept your money in the end and hid the terms and condition you never saw. LPC showed it to you, you just flat out ignored it and we kept your money. We ask you if you understood it in 5 different questions and you said yes.

Ask me which way I would like to get screwed? I would prefer the way LPC did it because at least if I was listening or read it, I could prevent it from happening in the first place.

• Vs
      15th of Apr, 2009
    LowPay Card - scammers
    low pay

This card is a joke. They all of a sudden took $80 dollars out of my account without me approving it. I think they need shut down. People like this is why people dont have good credit.

• Yo
      21st of Apr, 2009

Nice that LPC is a sponsor of this page. Nice to know though that they are under a Federal Trade Commission investigation. Beware, this company is shady. They target the poor. Take it from a former employee.

• Li
      19th of May, 2009
    LOWPAYCARD.COM

ON TWO DIFFERENT TIMES. THE FIRST TIME THEY TOOK $50.00 MADE MY ACCOUNT OVERDRAW.AND NOW IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS THIS WAS A CHARGED TO THE SAME ACCOUNT FOR $99.00 . I WISH TO HAVE MY MONEY BACK I CAN BE REACHED AT 660-725-4886 AT MY HOME OR CALL ON CELL PHONE 660-853-8447 THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE IN GETTING STRAIGHTENED.

• Ba
      21st of May, 2009

Wow its hard to believe John Doe (the previous poster) can sleep at night. I work for a bank and have people coming to me frequently complaining about this company. The scariest thing about the previous post is that he feels it is the 85 year old lady on a fixed income, barely making ends meet to understand this scenario. THIS COMES DIRECTLY FROM LPC.

The letter is densely packed with hard-to-read fine print. The best answer to the question of legitimacy is probably provided by LPC, Inc, themselves. Simply read the fine print these people put on the back of their letter to get a good idea of where they are coming from, the lengthy "dispute resolution process goes into great detail about the rights and privileges of any poor soul unwary enough to do business with them The concluding paragraph sums it up nicely:

: You understand and agree that you are A) hereby waiving your right to have a trial by jury to resolve any claim B). You are hereby waiving your right to have a court (other than the exceptions specifically addressed by this document i.e. small claims court) resolve any claim and C) you are hereby waiving your rights to join or consolidate claims with the claims of others, or serve or participate as a representative or member of a class making any such claims or in the capacity of a private attorney general in any lawsuit or arbitration involving a claim without written consent from us.

What do they mean by claim? They define that as well.

…claim refers to the broadest possible meaning and includes claims of every kind and nature including without limitation any and all claims, disputes and controversies arising under and relating to tort (including injury related to negligence or intentional conduct) contract or broken promises, common law or equity fraud, statute, rules, regulation, the Constitution including and without all federal and state disclosure electronic fund transfer retail installment account, debt collection, lending, privacy, warranty, insurance, service contract, product liability, unfair business practice, misrepresentation, unfair competition and other consumer protection statutes, laws, and regulations, examples of such rules include without limitation the Federal Trade Commission act, , the Electronic Fund Transfer Act, the Truth in Lending Act, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Billing Act, the Electronic Signatures Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Credit Repair Organizations Act, the Equal Credit Opportunities Act and regulations issued there under and equivalent state statutes, laws and regulations. The provisions of this section will survive payment, termination, or closure of your account or your bankruptcy. If any provisions of this section are deemed invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this agreement shall survive and remain fully enforceable, regardless of such determination of invalidity.

I hope this company's CEO gets what is truely due him JAIL TIME!!

• On
      30th of Jun, 2009

If you've been a victim of this scam, I feel sorry for you. I had participated in this crime against you and have regretted ever working there. That's why I shall now release all the loops holes you can use to get a leverage. This does not wash away the sins I have comitted, but at least I can somewhat rest easier when I die by doing what I can to help. 1st off, for those that haven't been charged anything, you may have hope. This company runs their payments every Friday however, they put it in pending status on Thursday, a day before. When you call in, they tell you they can't stop it, which is half true and half not true. There are 2 ways you can avoid their 1st initial charge of $79. Note, this has to be done early Thursday morning or prior. Call them up and mention either the Attorney General, or claim Fraud. Your choice. If you are to try them both, do the AG threat 1st and if that fails, which I'm not sure how it could, claim Fraud. They'll ask you to contact the police and do a fraud investigation. Just go along with it. One you put it on fraud, they'll suspend the account to prevent anything else from debiting.

If they said you activated this online or you did activate it online, the contract states that all you need to do is deactivate a day before it's due, which Thursday should count and technically can't charge you or they're breaching their contract. Throw that curveball at them and see if that helps, as long as with the Attorney General on how if they found out about this, they're in deep doo doo.

If you live in the state of MA, Massachusetts and had an account with them after 05/19/08 when they started their guaranteed cash direct benefit program, which I'll go into details about how much of a scam that is, you might be in luck. They goofed up on their contracts by not including MA as a state exempt from that benefit. All you need to do is claim you got the service solely for that benefit and how all their reps told you it was guaranteed and comes to find out, it's not and that it's their fault plus throw in the Attorney General in there, I'm sure you can get a good chunk back if not all.

Any other scenarios, unfortunately you can try and push the Attorney General in there but it may not go in your favor.

About their cash direct benefit program, I found out that it's not just some 3rd party lendor. It's one that he(CEO LPC) directly has near full control of and is making money off that too as well as a scam. It's just another company that he has it registered under their name but we full well know he runs that show too.

I don't know why I should be nice in anyway towards this company but scam would be the wrong terminology for them. It's more of a legal scam. They trick you to get your money but it's all legal. Technically, it isn't a scam but in a way it is. I see it as a legal one.

Anyways, I hope this helps. I'll post more info if I get more. I really hope the victims reading this can please forgive me for doing anything to you in the past, but understand that I was only doing my job.