Lowe's — troy-bilt lawn edger
I purchased a Troy-Bilt lawn edger on 8-23-08. I used the product for approx. 2 months then stored until spring. I used clean gas started it up and edged my yard 2 times in April 2009. During the 2nd use, it made a loud noise and would no longer work. I took it to Lowe's and was told to take it to a repair provider because they would only warrant it for 30 days. (This in essence says - they will no longer back any of their items for more than 30 days so they can try to sell everyone an extended warranty that is not needed since the item is warranted by Troy-Bilt for 2 years)
I went home mad and decided to try it again. I went back a few days later and asked the manager to exchange the edger and was again told to take it to Coastline Motor Shop (which is not near my home).See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Wilmington, NC Today I called Coastline Motor Shop to check the status of the edger and was told that I must take it back to the place of purchase (Lowe's) and have them exchange it because of the 75% rule.
I was told that all retailers know this rule which basically says that the repair shop can not repair an item that is more than 75% bad. This rule states that the consumer can return the item for exchange to the original retailer if the item is more than 75% bad. Coastline Motors said that Lowe's knew this, however Lowe's would not honor this.
Now today, I am going all the way back to Coastline Motors to retrieve the useless edger (taking my time and gas money) only to have to return to Lowes's to try and exchange this.
I have no idea how they will respond at this point, however I will no longer purchase any large ticket items from Lowe's. I built a new house last year and spent more than $15, 000 at this same Lowe's. You would think that they would want to keep good customers especially in today's economy.
PLEASE DON'T BUY FROM LOWE'S !!!
More Lowe's Complaints & Reviews
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - remote control stopped working! 
- Lowes - retaliation for calling corporate 
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - loud enough to not use it 
- Lowe's Advantage Extended Warranty - they will not pay service provider for approved warranty work 
- Lowes - false advertisement and lowes is cheating people out of there money 
- Lowe's - personal check denial 
- Lowes (Vacaville, CA - wont help disabled people load
- Harbor Breeze - ceiling fan remote not responding 
- Lowes - lowes customer service 
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - special order, customer service desk