Lowes / repair
Bought a power washer 10 months ago, used 2 times. When trying to use it this spring wouldn't start, called Lowes advantage number stamped on machine, they said it it under warranty up to $100, if they cannot repair it they would give a new one. Left the machine and get a call a few days later that it is ready to be picked up and the charge is $93. It's under warranty. Turns out the $93 is for oil change, spark plug and air filter. That is maintenance not service. It was not brought in for a tune up it was brought in for repair. Now to get our machine back, ( being held hostage) that we paid $400 on less than a year ago we need to pay another $100. We were never informed that this maintenance needed to be done. Why should it need these things when it's a new machine used twice before?
Have been going back and forth with Lowes, they tell us we need to call Briggs and Stratton (the manufacturer) To get this rectified. We haven't spoken with Briggs and Stratton at all. We called Lowes, brought it to Lowes, Lowes is the one one that did the unauthorized maintenance and is charging us, Why call Briggs and Stratton to get our money back? Makes no sense to me, but the Lowes people are so stupid they can't even understand that.
More Lowes Complaints & Reviews
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - remote control stopped working! 
- Lowes - retaliation for calling corporate 
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - loud enough to not use it 
- Lowe's Advantage Extended Warranty - they will not pay service provider for approved warranty work 
- Lowes - false advertisement and lowes is cheating people out of there money 
- Lowe's - personal check denial 
- Lowes (Vacaville, CA - wont help disabled people load
- Harbor Breeze - ceiling fan remote not responding 
- Lowe's - troy-bilt lawn edger 
- Lowes - lowes customer service