Lowe's / harassment!

1 Matamoras, PA, United States Review updated:

I had taken my son to a Wrestling match on 12/27/2007 I happened to see Zone Manager (Cesar) I said hi and kept on walking, on 1/4 , I was back in Matamoras, I had seen Cesar and we spoke briefly about the event in the receiving area, Rick said to me "oh you went to see the wrestling match too" I replied yes I actually had a good time, just watching my sons face light up! then Mike Mongioi said " I heard the only reason you went is to see the best Bikini contest they had for the girls, is that true"

I could not believe what he had just asked, I was mortified, I can feel my face turning red for being put on the spot and embarrassed like that in front of 2 other managers, I kept my cool and looked at him and replied "the bikini contest was inappropriate for young children to see, it should not be part of the event" he replied "well that's what I heard, you only went so you can see the girls take off there clothes, I'm just trying to find out if its true or not"
I said to him, like I said Mike it was inappropriate.

After that had taken place I gave my boss excuses so I would not have to back into the store, I felt like everyone knew about my lifestyle. Only two people know about my lifestyle in that store, it's not something I announce to people or the world, everyone is entitled to an opinion and some people are against gays and take action to it, so I keep it to myself.

Comments

6th of Jun, 2008

I've heard similar comments like this also but just take it in stride. Sounds like the guy was just joking around, and probably doesn't know that your gay, or he does and thats what makes the jibe a little more like a joke. We have to have a little thicker skin, and stop letting our sensativities segrigate us from others. Some of the best, funniest and popular humor is based on adverse comments about ethnic, religion, and orientation.

Be bigger than this, complaining only makes everybody afriad to be friendly, and makes life miserable for people who want to be friends but are afraid to strike up "propper" conversation.