Lowe's Home Improvement / broken ge refrigerator - damaged floor & front door with horrible customer service

1 Panama City Beach, FL, United States

On November 30, 2015 I purchased a stainless steel GE refrigerator along with blinds for 18 windows. I moved into my new home on December 30th. The delivery of the refrigerator was scheduled to my newly built home on December 31st. Two delivery men arrived from the local Lowe's store with my new refrigerator. Upon completion of setting up the refrigerator, I noticed that the freezer door had a couple of dents in it and my new hardwood floor was scratched. The delivery men said they would make sure a replacement door would be ordered and went on their way. Curious that I received no paperwork regarding a replacement door, I called the local Lowe's store on January 1st to confirm that I would be getting a new freezer door and discussed the scratched floor. After speaking with the store assistant manager I learned that, since the freezer door contains electronics and tubing for the water/ice dispenser, I would require an entirely new refrigerator, which I was told would take upwards of 2-4 weeks. After returning home on the 2nd, I opened the refrigerator to a balmy 65 degrees; the frozen meat was completely thawed and spoiled, and there was a puddle of water in the bottom of the freezer. It was then that I noticed the water on the hardwood floor next to the refrigerator had run into the dining room. The hardwood floor was visibly warped and damaged. I immediately called the local Lowe's store again, speaking with another assistant manager, who ensured me that all would be made right, and he would send people over to take pictures of the damage and to deliver a temporary refrigerator ASAP (“free of charge”). Later that afternoon, a couple of delivery men from Lowe's arrived with my temporary refrigerator – a small white absolutely featureless Frigidaire unit that, upon confirmation via Lowe's website, is the cheapest refrigerator sold. While removing the damaged GE refrigerator from my home, several noticeable deep scratches were made on my new red front door and the door frame was damaged. I immediately phoned the store again and spoke to the delivery manager, about the lack of pictures being taken to document the damage, as well as the new damage. He came to the house to take photos and ensured me that an adjuster would be in contact with me on or before Wednesday, the 6th. Wednesday comes and goes without any contact. On the afternoon of Friday, the 8th, I called the local Lowe's store and spoke with the assistant manager stating that I have yet to be contacted by anyone from Lowe's. The manager was apologetic and needed to check some things and ensured me that he would call me right back. With no response by Friday evening, I again call Lowe's expressing extreme frustration. The assistant manager gave me a claim number and an 800 number for the Lowe's warranty office and asked that I give them a call on Monday. I spoke with my assigned adjuster, on January 11th and she stated she received the claim just that morning. She requested I provide her repair estimates. Mind you, I am single with a full time job and am still in the process of moving and unpacking. Since January 11th I have now been passed off to a GE warranty representative. She has requested I provide her with additional photos. I emailed the Lowe's warranty adjuster on the 14th asking for an ETA on the replacement refrigerator and blinds in which I received no date; therefore, on Friday the 15th I sent her another email and received an out of office response as follows: On Saturday, January 16th, I submitted a Customer Support complaint on Lowe's website. In an email response, I was assured that I would be contacted within 24 hours by a representative of the local Lowe's store's senior management team regarding my replacement refrigerator. I was also assured that a senior claims adjuster would be contacting me within two business days. As of 10:30 am CST on January 20, 2016, it has been over 80 hours, and no store representative has contacted me. I have also not been contacted by a claims adjuster, or any other representative from Lowe's. Still nothing…. While it is an aggravating experience to have your brand new refrigerator fail within a couple days of installation, the far more frustrating experience is the way in which Lowe's has handled this situation. However, the most devastating experience is watching your brand new house be marred within 3 days of ownership. To recount the ways in which Lowe's has failed: • Freezer door on fridge arrives dented • Wood floor is scratched through the course of delivery • Front door to home is scratched through the course of delivery • Temporary fridge is sub-par • No adjuster follow up by day promised • No manager follow up after promised • Handling of case is punted to a Lowe's 800 number • Lowe's warranty punts it to a GE representative • Lowe's and GE appear to be passing the buck on the responsibility (floor scratches vs. floor water damage) • I must take the time off from work to acquire and provide repair estimates to Lowe's • No actual delivery date on replacement GE refrigerator Side note: To add insult to injury, when the 18 blinds were installed on the 5th of January, one set was the incorrect model and another set doesn't work properly. I will now have to try to contact someone about the malfunctioning set and then take time from work to be available for the replacement installation. As of January 20th, I have received no information regarding the delivery of the replacement blinds. EPIC FAILURE!

Re