Lowe's Home Improvement / poor customer service

1 53 Crossing WayAugusta, ME, United States Review updated:
Phone: (207)620-5027

Well I am just enraged. Today my husband and I went to lowes to purchase a new dryer. When we first arrived we were not greeted. We stood in the the plumbing department for over 45 minutes before someone finally came to help. But wait!!! They did not help us at all they just said that they would get someone else to help you. So after waiting for 25 more minutes, the so called manager pam, came over and was extremely rude. She seemed more concerned about her looks then helping us. So we say screw the dryer, and just pickup some paint for our guest room. So we go to the check out and there is a new cashier that did not know what she was talking about. So she yelled over to one of the head cashiers. Who was the most hideous woman. I believe her name was tess she was extremely rude and felt the need to tell us that she was pmsing! In the meantime there was another head cashier who wouldn't stop talking about mountian dew and ciggarettes. Then this man walked by us and walked like he had a stick up his bum, he asked the head cashier tess if she had seen pam. So we ended up leaving the paint on the counter and went directly to home depot, where we were able to purchased our dryer, paint without any problems.
The moral of this story is that lowes blows!!!... Go to home depot for your home improvement needs.

Comments

• Ga
      16th of Oct, 2008

I bought a Troy- Bilt riding lawn mower on 9/22/08 and it was damaged and the store here in Fayetteville, NC 28303 . The store manager Steve was going to refund my orginal purchase amount and make a resale receipt for the orginal price minus the delivery charge and $150.00 for the damage and send me a new receipt . The refund hasn't been posted to my card and I haven't recieved my new receipt. I have contacted the store four times with no reponse. G.L.M.

3rd of Dec, 2008

I was at the florissant store tonight to return a pond pump or really just wanted to exchange for one that works. I got a pump for x-mass last year did not put to use until april. when I talked to the manager tonight 12-03-08 she said she could not do either even though I had a receipt butbecause I did'nt have the origanal packing and she could'nt read anything on the tag on the cord how could she say that it was lowes. well needless to say I left angry w/o my receipt or pump and went across the street to home depot and bought the exact same pump that has a three year waranty not a one year like she said and there is no marking at all if it is home depot or lowes. I feel that I was screwed over and I would really want someone to email me back with a phone # so I can discuss this with someone live. I am out 80.00 and lowes stole it from me!!!

• Ta
      21st of Apr, 2009

well hope nobody has a lowes credit card because they are lowering limits based off your credit report. Even if you have always made your payment to Lowes on time and for more than the minimum due they will still lower your limit, based on your payment history for other things. This is BS. Then they lowered my limit by a a crappy $130. This was just enough to make me really mad I mean what difference does $130 make to Lowes. Despite emailing them with my displeasure they did nothing for me. They truly have no customer service and do not care about there customers. I will no longer be shopping at Lowes. Home Depot will be my new home improvement store. Please join me in boycotting Lowes.

• La
      25th of May, 2010

checfor purchacing material was denied when adequate funds were available

• He
      14th of Sep, 2010

If you ever had a check that had insufficient funds at Lowe's their system will not let you use a check there again because their system is old and actually does not pull the money directly out of your account like most modern systems do. Lowe's does not know if the check is good until about 3 days later when the bank actually processes the check. Therefore if you have ever written a bad check then the system will deny you because they do not want to get screwed over again or have to wait for funds like they did previously from you. That is the only way a check can be denied from someone at Lowe's.