Lowe's Extended Warranty Plan / lowe's refusal to honor warranty plan

1 El Cajon, CA, United States Review updated:

Another "do not use lowe's extended warranty plan" because lowe' refuses to honor it. I have been trying to have my samsung front load washer repaired since last july. La mesa, ca appliance has been to my house numerous times and cannot repair it. La mesa appliance told me more than once to "bolt the washer to the floor", which voids the warranty. I am still in the process of getting this resolved. Lowe's must not pay fair market appliance repair because their vendors (La mesa appliance) treat the customers/consumers horribly. I am just beginning my process of the paper trail. I will be contacting the bbb, lowe's corp. Office, etc.

Comments

• Rp
      8th of Sep, 2009

I have a vacuum cleaner that I purchased an extended warranty on. They told me I could bring the vacuum back to the store when I purchased the warranty if something should go wrong. I got one of the dog's toys caught in the brush and the belt broke. Now they will not take it back but want to send a "technician" to my house. My husband and I both work. Making sure someone would be home for the technician could create a definite hardship -- the vacuum is portable. It doesn't make rational sense for me to have a company send a person more than a half-hour's drive to my home to repair a small portable appliance when they told me in the first place that they'd take it back. I will never buy another appliance from Lowe's -- large or small. They've lost me as a customer.

• He
      14th of Sep, 2010

If you read Lowe's extended protection plan it says at their discretion they will replace it or repair it. So if they are repairing it then they are doing what they said. As for the vacuum cleaner it does say that the extended protection plan protects from manufacturer defects and normal wear and tear, not stupidity and accidents from not paying attention. As for the washer repair men Lowe's is not who sends out the repair men they are solely the responsibility of the company who made the washing machine. Honestly I work for Lowe's and they piss me off and I am very willing to say when they are wrong but I am also willing to say when they are following their policies and unfortunately in this case as much as it sucks they are doing what the plan said they would do.