Lowesdoesn't honor rebates

I recently purchased a GE appliance from Lowe's. The sign stated that the appliance qualified for a $50.00 rebate, which was part of my purchase decision. The clerk had difficulty getting the rebate form to print, and I had to wait. I submitted the rebate, and now I get a letter that the rebate was only for a pair of appliances.

The sign did not say pair. The salesman sold me one appliance and stated the rebate applied to the appliance. The cashier had to get the rebate form from a separate computer. All of the above with the understanding that it was for the washer alone.

I called the number and was blown off, and told that the only rebates are for pairs of appliances.

This was a deceptive practice. I will not purchase anything from Lowes ever again, and suggest that no one else gets scammed like this either.

Ma

Comments

Mar 09, 2017

I purchased a dishwasher online due to no local store having the Bosch I wanted in stock. I was also told there was a 10% rebate and this was part of my purchase decision. I was told due to it being a special order, the rebate form that I received from the store would be honored, that they had checked it for me. I again asked about the purchase being online instead of in store and was told it would be delivered through my local store so therefore I would receive the rebate. This is the Lowes located Lakeland, Florida at 3600 N, 98. I have also called the online help and been told that my rebate was received Feb.18, 2017 and should receive the rebate by April 15, 2017. I now check the status of rebate online to see that I supposedly had received an email stating that my rebate form was denied. I have received no such email. I then call customer service again to be told to fax a copy of my receipt in! Are you kidding? I have been a dedicated Lowes customer, however, after this I will be shopping at Home Depot in search of better customer service!

• Is
      Sep 07, 2017

I agree, I only bought a gallon of paint that only had a $10.00 rebate. Mailed it on time and then waited for money to come. Got busy this summer and let it go (the waiting that is) for 10 weeks instead of calling at exactly 8 weeks after mailing. They say they never received it. I said no problem, I had scanned it before mailing just like they had suggested. But to my surprise now that I waited 2 weeks after the 8 weeks to wait to get the check they say the offer is closed. How convenient. They say they never received even though I mailed and now the offer is closed even though I have proof that I sent it. Home Depot is my place to buy paint from now on. Lowes and their scams can do without my business from now on and we did a lot of business there.

• Lo
      Oct 08, 2018

I agree I've purchased appliances from them because of the rebate and I matched up rebate numbers that they offered and they said nope not the right product...Wrong, it was the right product and I actually let it slide, but now I have a rebate for paint and no where can I get any answers, On line tells me that the site is down. Never again. I don't get how they get away with this. Guess I will go somewhere else.

• Di
      May 02, 2019

Lowe's Bonus Savings Appliance Rebate up to $600 11/26/2018 Processing

I purchased a washer and dryer from Lowes in November and at first it was 'non compliant' because the delivery men didn't bring my receipt so I had one sent to me and it was only for one appliance. They sent a receipt for the dryer and a paper showing I'd bought a matching pair that qualified for up to $600!

I still haven't gotten any reply or any rebate from Lowes. I should have gone to The Home Depot.